Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

Nah but...I know this.He's better than that garbage teen rapper Casey Veggies or whateva.That dude is ice cold trash.

So once again here comes this notion that if your not talking about Guns, Drugs, Sex that that automatically equates to the music being good.... Sure they dont discuss what other artist discuss instead they discuss a completely different kind of *%#*@@@%. Instead of repetitive gun talk its a bunch of repetitive violent shock rap. All these bars are about absolutely NOTHING!!! im an ice cream monster, @+@$# im grown @$# would i want to hear a 16-17 year old talk about an ice cream monster. I know several kids of that age and nobody shares this dumb *%# mindset. The same reason i stay away from Em when hes on that stupid *%# "akward rap" 

I never wanted to listen because while yes he had a great flow it was a bunch of gibberish about a grown man humping mannequins and slapping britney spears AKA who gives a ##+*. The reason EM is regarded so highly is because he isnt always spitting meaningless *%# rhymes, he touches on real life subjects, he brings you into his life and his emotions like few others can These nimrods do none of that.

There is no seperating content and skill they go hand in hand....... @$# do i care if you can flow if its used to say absolutely nothing. Its not like dudes are in here saying its just entertainment yall are in here comparing these kids to some of the greatest rappers of all time and its completely unjustified.

and plz stop using that excuse about they rap about what teenagers think about........ NO THEY dont you lead me to teens who joke and laugh about raping children and killing bruno marz
ohwell.gif
.... Teens have REAL problems family problems, identity problems, etc etc hell for many being a teen is the most turbulent time of there life and instead of discussing things they actually live and deal with they make songs about a bunch of nothing...... Their music is more emotionless and empty than this so called "negative" gangster music you seem to hate.

You think everybody who listens to Rick Ross or Waka really believes that they are out there bodying whole clubs and moving kilos of coke with Pablo Escobar descendent's??.... Of course not, people know that they have to maintain a certain image to make bread. 

So once again here comes this notion that if your not talking about Guns, Drugs, Sex that that automatically equates to the music being good.... Sure they dont discuss what other artist discuss instead they discuss a completely different kind of *%#*@@@%. Instead of repetitive gun talk its a bunch of repetitive violent shock rap. All these bars are about absolutely NOTHING!!! im an ice cream monster, @+@$# im grown @$# would i want to hear a 16-17 year old talk about an ice cream monster. I know several kids of that age and nobody shares this dumb *%# mindset. The same reason i stay away from Em when hes on that stupid *%# "akward rap" 

I never wanted to listen because while yes he had a great flow it was a bunch of gibberish about a grown man humping mannequins and slapping britney spears AKA who gives a ##+*. The reason EM is regarded so highly is because he isnt always spitting meaningless *%# rhymes, he touches on real life subjects, he brings you into his life and his emotions like few others can These nimrods do none of that.

There is no seperating content and skill they go hand in hand....... @$# do i care if you can flow if its used to say absolutely nothing. Its not like dudes are in here saying its just entertainment yall are in here comparing these kids to some of the greatest rappers of all time and its completely unjustified.

and plz stop using that excuse about they rap about what teenagers think about........ NO THEY dont you lead me to teens who joke and laugh about raping children and killing bruno marz
ohwell.gif
.... Teens have REAL problems family problems, identity problems, etc etc hell for many being a teen is the most turbulent time of there life and instead of discussing things they actually live and deal with they make songs about a bunch of nothing...... Their music is more emotionless and empty than this so called "negative" gangster music you seem to hate.

You think everybody who listens to Rick Ross or Waka really believes that they are out there bodying whole clubs and moving kilos of coke with Pablo Escobar descendent's??.... Of course not, people know that they have to maintain a certain image to make bread. 

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Nah but...I know this.He's better than that garbage teen rapper Casey Veggies or whateva.That dude is ice cold trash.
He's not that bad.

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

He's not that bad.

Originally Posted by tyisny

ohwell.gif

So once again here comes this notion that if your not talking about Guns, Drugs, Sex that that automatically equates to the music being good....
you NTers need to step your comprehension game up.

roll.gif

roll.gif
, they dont even have albums out. they're 17 years old.

what is a 17 year old skater going to talk about? starving kids in africa?
eyes.gif

em is regarded highly because he's a technically gifted rapper, first and foremost...

thats opinion. i dont care about content. you do. thats our separate opinions on the subject. i like to look at rap objectively, focusing on the technical skill of the rapper over content...you do not. this is okay.

all ive ever said is that its entertainment. this *+%* is refreshing and good. i enjoy listening to it.

you're upset i think tyler the creator raps better than ice cube ever could?

roll.gif

be mad, then.

this is my second time explaining this, but i consider rap a constantly evolving idea....meaning each new rapper has the skill of every rapper before him infused in him via rap.

i know that quote is finna turn this thread into a 10 page debate, where wack rappers will be named, etc.

but its true.

there would be no big l without rakim

there would be no jay without big l

so there would be no jay without rakim

BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE RAKIM A BETTER RAPPER

these dudes were rapping 30 years ago, and you cant accept people claiming that in 2011, rappers rap better than rappers 30 years ago?

eyes.gif

i argue with alot of dudes about rap and i probably shouldnt.

not to say this to boast or brag or even promote, i rap.

im extremely OCD when i write.

when i listen to a dude rapping, i understand every word, overall themes, punchlines and everything, visualize it being written, and appreciate the process which produced the rhyme

im not listening to music to dance, for a beat or none of that

whenever i listen to someone rapping im analyzing the rap as text in my head

so when you're arguing that someone like Rakim can even be compared to JR Writer as far as TECHNICAL SKILL goes

you arguing from a fan perspective, im arguing from a writer's perspective...

JR Writer's verse on "shake" is murdering anything rakim has ever said...TECHNICALLY

the kid rhymes 5 and 6 syllables for 40 bars.....Rakim couldnt do that if we made a bet with him

Big is my second favorite rapper, but there are literally dozens of other rappers who are more technically sound than him, with hundreds more to come....

Lupe is infinitely more gifted, technically, than any rapper in the 80s....*+%*, all them $@@@@@ combined...

i dont understand how you can hear someone rhyme 6 syllables at once for two and a half minutes and say "yeah right, better than (insert favorite old *+% rapper who rhymed a,b,a,b,a,b in mono-syllabiac fashion)? YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID"

or you can hear a kid with atypical flow, voice, delivery making HOT songs, and say, "but he's rapping about goofy *+%*, HES WACK"

ohwell.gif
i am 26 and i still laugh and joke about rape........

do you have such a problem with like south park?

Their music is more emotionless and empty than this so called "negative" gangster music you seem to hate.
thats your opinion. fake toughness isnt more emotional or fullfilling as random comedy to ME.

the "shock" lines, to me, are laziness and their senses of humor coming through music.

i dont see how $@@@@@ are reciting lil b lyrics and in the same breath calling tyler the creator wack...

it doesnt matter what we think. its about what the artist's themselves portray and swear by. Beans saying some gangster *+%* on a record is beans being himself. i have no qualms about his gangster music, cause the %$$@% is a goon. When you have Rick Ross talking about being a boss and how he has this and that and glorifies it, it doesnt matter if kids think he's "real" or not (even though a majority of teenagers will only be able to explain WHY so-and-so is their favorite rapper by saying "hes so real" example? JEEZY) they see what he's glamorizing.....AND HE HAS NO EXPERIENCE WITH IT

i dont even know why im even arguing for OF so hard. i've heard maybe 8 songs about 5 times each....

im not a huge fan of theirs by any means

i just find their music refreshing. i havent heard rap that gave me feelings like this in a LOOOOOONG time.

ill leave you with this

Is OFWGKTA offensive? Yes, but they’re also undeniably funny, sad, and, somehow, devoid of moral gravity in a way that’s both silly and nearly surreal. One friend of mine has referred to OFWGKTA’s lyrics as coming from an unformed “girls are gross

ohwell.gif

So once again here comes this notion that if your not talking about Guns, Drugs, Sex that that automatically equates to the music being good....
you NTers need to step your comprehension game up.

roll.gif

roll.gif
, they dont even have albums out. they're 17 years old.

what is a 17 year old skater going to talk about? starving kids in africa?
eyes.gif

em is regarded highly because he's a technically gifted rapper, first and foremost...

thats opinion. i dont care about content. you do. thats our separate opinions on the subject. i like to look at rap objectively, focusing on the technical skill of the rapper over content...you do not. this is okay.

all ive ever said is that its entertainment. this *+%* is refreshing and good. i enjoy listening to it.

you're upset i think tyler the creator raps better than ice cube ever could?

roll.gif

be mad, then.

this is my second time explaining this, but i consider rap a constantly evolving idea....meaning each new rapper has the skill of every rapper before him infused in him via rap.

i know that quote is finna turn this thread into a 10 page debate, where wack rappers will be named, etc.

but its true.

there would be no big l without rakim

there would be no jay without big l

so there would be no jay without rakim

BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE RAKIM A BETTER RAPPER

these dudes were rapping 30 years ago, and you cant accept people claiming that in 2011, rappers rap better than rappers 30 years ago?

eyes.gif

i argue with alot of dudes about rap and i probably shouldnt.

not to say this to boast or brag or even promote, i rap.

im extremely OCD when i write.

when i listen to a dude rapping, i understand every word, overall themes, punchlines and everything, visualize it being written, and appreciate the process which produced the rhyme

im not listening to music to dance, for a beat or none of that

whenever i listen to someone rapping im analyzing the rap as text in my head

so when you're arguing that someone like Rakim can even be compared to JR Writer as far as TECHNICAL SKILL goes

you arguing from a fan perspective, im arguing from a writer's perspective...

JR Writer's verse on "shake" is murdering anything rakim has ever said...TECHNICALLY

the kid rhymes 5 and 6 syllables for 40 bars.....Rakim couldnt do that if we made a bet with him

Big is my second favorite rapper, but there are literally dozens of other rappers who are more technically sound than him, with hundreds more to come....

Lupe is infinitely more gifted, technically, than any rapper in the 80s....*+%*, all them $@@@@@ combined...

i dont understand how you can hear someone rhyme 6 syllables at once for two and a half minutes and say "yeah right, better than (insert favorite old *+% rapper who rhymed a,b,a,b,a,b in mono-syllabiac fashion)? YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID"

or you can hear a kid with atypical flow, voice, delivery making HOT songs, and say, "but he's rapping about goofy *+%*, HES WACK"

ohwell.gif
i am 26 and i still laugh and joke about rape........

do you have such a problem with like south park?

Their music is more emotionless and empty than this so called "negative" gangster music you seem to hate.
thats your opinion. fake toughness isnt more emotional or fullfilling as random comedy to ME.

the "shock" lines, to me, are laziness and their senses of humor coming through music.

i dont see how $@@@@@ are reciting lil b lyrics and in the same breath calling tyler the creator wack...

it doesnt matter what we think. its about what the artist's themselves portray and swear by. Beans saying some gangster *+%* on a record is beans being himself. i have no qualms about his gangster music, cause the %$$@% is a goon. When you have Rick Ross talking about being a boss and how he has this and that and glorifies it, it doesnt matter if kids think he's "real" or not (even though a majority of teenagers will only be able to explain WHY so-and-so is their favorite rapper by saying "hes so real" example? JEEZY) they see what he's glamorizing.....AND HE HAS NO EXPERIENCE WITH IT

i dont even know why im even arguing for OF so hard. i've heard maybe 8 songs about 5 times each....

im not a huge fan of theirs by any means

i just find their music refreshing. i havent heard rap that gave me feelings like this in a LOOOOOONG time.

ill leave you with this

Is OFWGKTA offensive? Yes, but they’re also undeniably funny, sad, and, somehow, devoid of moral gravity in a way that’s both silly and nearly surreal. One friend of mine has referred to OFWGKTA’s lyrics as coming from an unformed “girls are gross

With this said im just gonna say we should agree to disagree because you obviously have a different view... And i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Things like this are just wrong..... Flat out wrong there is no room to debate its just wrong
laugh.gif

With this said im just gonna say we should agree to disagree because you obviously have a different view... And i know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but Things like this are just wrong..... Flat out wrong there is no room to debate its just wrong
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

big isnt the most technically strong rapper. do you understand what i am saying when i say technique?

big wasnt the wittiest

didnt have the most complex schemes

hell, sometimes he was rhyming mono-syllabic words together for half a bar and switching the rhyme completely

"catch me and cease at all events bent, gats in holsters, girls on shoulders. play boy i told ja" then he switched the rhyme

he rhymed events and bent and holsters and shoulders/told ja

compare that to

"Me and Pace had to flee in haste, bein chased, for some E&J we boosted out of some korean place"

he uses assonance, an actualy literary mechanism,  the repetition of vowel sounds, the long As and short Es

Me/Pace, Flee/Haste, Be/Chased/E/J, Korean/Place

now, big's lines were REALER, obviously, because he's rapping about what he's living

but eminems were FAR SUPERIOR technically...

he rhymed more words, more times, with more syllables...

do i care that he's talking about stealing E&J from a corner store and getting chased? NO

could anyone with a brain and a grasp of the English language look at those two examples and say big was as technically advanced as eminem?

i hope not.

i hear big's line and say "hmmm...who cant write that"

i hear em's line and say "
eek.gif
, HOWD HE DO THAT?"

Busta Rhymes has arguably the best flow hands down in the history of rap

does that mean he raps better than ANYBODY?

no.

Camp Lo's Luchini is the perfect hip hop song. absolutely flawless. can be played in any setting from bougie club scene to hole in the wall backpacker scene

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CONTENT, THERE ARE BARELY COHEARANT SENTENCES

i judge rap and rappers objectively, you judge them subjectively....nobody is wrong or right....

i like the raw technical aspect of rapping, you like the whole package...nobody is wrong or right

laugh.gif

This is just being ignorant, fam. RTD was how many years ago? Technology and skill has changed over time. BIG's music could be viewed as a  blueprint for new rappers coming out to build upon and make it better. But to say nobody has been able to touch upon it and surpass it in the last few years is just stupid. 

laugh.gif

This is just being ignorant, fam. RTD was how many years ago? Technology and skill has changed over time. BIG's music could be viewed as a  blueprint for new rappers coming out to build upon and make it better. But to say nobody has been able to touch upon it and surpass it in the last few years is just stupid. 

laugh.gif

big isnt the most technically strong rapper. do you understand what i am saying when i say technique?

big wasnt the wittiest

didnt have the most complex schemes

hell, sometimes he was rhyming mono-syllabic words together for half a bar and switching the rhyme completely

"catch me and cease at all events bent, gats in holsters, girls on shoulders. play boy i told ja" then he switched the rhyme

he rhymed events and bent and holsters and shoulders/told ja

compare that to

"Me and Pace had to flee in haste, bein chased, for some E&J we boosted out of some korean place"

he uses assonance, an actualy literary mechanism,  the repetition of vowel sounds, the long As and short Es

Me/Pace, Flee/Haste, Be/Chased/E/J, Korean/Place

now, big's lines were REALER, obviously, because he's rapping about what he's living

but eminems were FAR SUPERIOR technically...

he rhymed more words, more times, with more syllables...

do i care that he's talking about stealing E&J from a corner store and getting chased? NO

could anyone with a brain and a grasp of the English language look at those two examples and say big was as technically advanced as eminem?

i hope not.

i hear big's line and say "hmmm...who cant write that"

i hear em's line and say "
eek.gif
, HOWD HE DO THAT?"

Busta Rhymes has arguably the best flow hands down in the history of rap

does that mean he raps better than ANYBODY?

no.

Camp Lo's Luchini is the perfect hip hop song. absolutely flawless. can be played in any setting from bougie club scene to hole in the wall backpacker scene

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO CONTENT, THERE ARE BARELY COHEARANT SENTENCES

i judge rap and rappers objectively, you judge them subjectively....nobody is wrong or right....

i like the raw technical aspect of rapping, you like the whole package...nobody is wrong or right

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

laugh.gif

Fam its not like he said a few, he said  a few dozen rappers have come out since Big's time and have been better at rapping than arguably the best rapper ever......... Really
indifferent.gif

Take for example Bigs verse on victory.... one of the most flawless verses in rap history that was 15 years there arent more than 3-4 rappers out who could even come close to spitting a verse that well structured. from flow, delivery, tone there are about 5 -6 rappers at most than can recreate a verse like that. 

Its not like were talkin bout Run DMC rhyme schemes here........ the way big was spitting in the 90's cant be touched by most !%!%!% rapping nowadays

laugh.gif

Fam its not like he said a few, he said  a few dozen rappers have come out since Big's time and have been better at rapping than arguably the best rapper ever......... Really
indifferent.gif

Take for example Bigs verse on victory.... one of the most flawless verses in rap history that was 15 years there arent more than 3-4 rappers out who could even come close to spitting a verse that well structured. from flow, delivery, tone there are about 5 -6 rappers at most than can recreate a verse like that. 

Its not like were talkin bout Run DMC rhyme schemes here........ the way big was spitting in the 90's cant be touched by most !%!%!% rapping nowadays

Considering i already know your stance on big im just gonna
laugh.gif
 this off but please elaborate me on all these dozens of rappers who spit as good or better than Big ill wait 
roll.gif

Considering i already know your stance on big im just gonna
laugh.gif
 this off but please elaborate me on all these dozens of rappers who spit as good or better than Big ill wait 
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

and while that's true, 90s biggie is STILL better than a MAJORITY of rappers EVER (which speaks to BIGS talent) there is still a population, the minority of aforementioned majority, that can get him...TECHNICALLY

i just said big is my 2nd favorite rapper (behind jay)...so its not like im biased just disrespecting biggie...

busta has a better flow, but is he a better rapper? HELL NO

JR writer has better rhyme schemes, but is he a better rapper? HELL NO

Lupe has more interesting concepts, but is he a better rapper? HELL NO

do you not understand what im saying here?

you're so caught up in the blashphemy of me not slobbing chris wallace's knob, that you're not even seeing the argument im posing on that framework...

In The Commision, you ask for permission to hit em
He don't like me? hit em while his wifey was wit em
You heard of us, the murderers, most shady
Been on the low lately, the feds hate me
The son of Satan, they say my killin's too blatant
You hesitatin, I'm in your mama crib waitin
Duct tapin, your fam destiny
Lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist
Francis, M to the iz-H phenominal
Gun rest under your vest by the abdominal
Rhyme a few bars so I can buy a few cars
And I kick a few flows so I can pimp a few @@*$
Excellence is my presence, never tense
Never hesitant, leave a +!#$% bent real quick
Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike
Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson
Action, pack guns, ridiculous
And I'm, quick to bust, if my ends you touch
Kids or girl you touch, in this world I clutch
Two auto-matoes, used to call me fatso
Now you call me Castro, my rap flows
Militant, y'all +@%!@++ ain't killin !!$$
Ooops Cristal keep spillin !!$$, you overdid it homes
You in the danger zone, you shouldn't be alone
Hold hands and say it like me
The most shady, Frankie baby, fantastic
Graphic, tryin to make dough, like Jurassic
Park did  quick to spark kids who start !!$$
See me, only me
The Underboss of this holocaust
Truly yours, Frank White

for the argument, i took the first verse of victory, and i color-coded the rhyme schemes...

words that rhyme off each other are the same color, do you see?

now, i will go through each individual bar

commision and permission are pretty strong interal rhymes, especially when it isn't even the main rhyme of the bar

hit em/hit em/wit em was the main rhyme of the bar...and pretty weak, imo.

in 97, it was a strong bar, in 2011, its weak. he rhymed hit em with hit em the very next measure, and rhymed those with wit em....

that's not strong technique

heard of us/murderers had been rhymed prolly 4 times by prodigy, a rival rapper, before big said it here....

most shady/low lately/hate me is classic BIG technique. i love it.

satan/blatent is a streach rhyme. but satan/blatant/hesitatin/waitin/tapin are pretty decent technique

what isnt good technique is going on for another bar not rhyming

"your fam destiny lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist"

none of that rhymed. that's poor technique.

thw waist, did, however, rhyme internally with the next line

he rhymed waist with iz-H...which is a common mechanism in hip hop, although a personal pet peeve of mine that i see as laziness...i think we can agree it isnt the most sound technique to employ, right?

phenominal/abdominal is a dope rhyme, with an internal rhyme of rest/vest, which is simple, but a very difficult internal rhyme...he gets technique points here...

but then, the next 2 bars are poor technique

"RHYME a few BARS so i can BUY a few CARS, KICK a new FLOW so i can PIMP a new %*%"

theres internal rhymes but the main rhymes are elementary simple.. BARS/CARS FLOW/%*%

that's not particularly impressive technique, sir.

excellence/presence/tense/hesitant/bent/ are great rhymes and impressive technique...

"real quick/real sick" is weak technique

"i perform like mike" doesnt rhyme with anything, poor technique

anyone doesnt rhyme with tyson, jordan or jackson....the UN sounds in these words, streach rhyme...and only when pronounced differently...

since he got into poly syllabism here, i wanted to point it out. act/pack rhyme and ion/gun rhyme. this is actually a simple, but dope rhyme....and it actually rhymes with the jackson in the previous line.

ridiculous/quick to bust/ends you touch are marginal teachnique. ridiculous and quick to bust are cool, but "ends you touch" when he turns around and rhymes TOUCH again in the next line, ultimately ending with "clutch" which is an employment of enjambment, cause it continues to the next line (and ends the rhyme abruptly

what is an automato? oh, an automatic? automatic weak technique.

matoes/fatso/castro/rap flow is a cliche rhyme/ technique in rap, and fatso and castro arent impressive rhymes at all

Militant/killing !!$$/spillin !!$$ is weak technique...anytime you rhyme killin and spillin and !!$$ and !!$$ its going to be considered weak, ESPECIALLY in 2011

holmes/zone/alone....not weak, but not exactly strong, either...

this line doesnt rhyme with anything.

See me, only me
Truly yours, Frank White

shady/baby arent particularly impressive technique

fantastic/graphic/jurassic is impressive, ESPECIALLY at the time this was released

Park did/spark kids/start !!$$ is decent, technique-wise

underboss/holocaust is pretty damn impressive, even by todays standards, but the truely yours doesnt even rhyme.

now, i've analyzed a biggie verse, a verse of my 2nd favorite rapper

now, lemme do a verse im not even ape**** over, a verse from this era i think is average

Yes, guess, who's on third?
Lupe still like Lupin the Third.
Hear like ear till I'm beer on the curb
Peach fuzz buzz but beard on the verge
Slow it down like we're on the syrup
Bottle-shaped body like Mrs. Butterwerf
But, before you say another word,
I'm back on the block like I'm layin on the street.
I'm trying to stop lying like im Mum-Ra,
But I'm not lying when I'm laying on the beat.
Engarde, TouchÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] Lupe cool as the Unthawed,
But I still feel as possessed as a gun charge.
I come as correct as a porn star,
In a fresh pair of steps and my best foreign car.
So, I represent the first.
Now, let me end my verse right where the horns are like

he rhymes third with third, right? but he also sets up an internal rhyme "still" for the next line

besides, he's rhyming third with third, but if you recognize the wit, he's playing on the word "still"

lupin the 3rd is a cartoon theif...so he's playing STILL/STEAL, which, in terms of technique, allows us to dismiss him rhyming third with third

the still/till rhyme is very hidden and very internal...only nerds would write this and only nerds would notice this

Hear/ear/beer, Here like ear is a play on the word HERE/HEAR, then he goes back to the original rhyme, third, and rhymes curb

these are all technically strong rhymes, and the lines are full of meaning, wit and wordplay

he employs 8 words, rhyming 8 times JUST FOR THE INTERNAL RHYME inside "third/third/curb"

that's technically difficult.

this was technically weak, which i dismiss because it comes after some very very very very impressive techniques, but its weak technique none-the-less

while the complex internal rhymes arent here....

the wordplay still is

back on the block is a play on the phrase...layin on the street means literally your back on the street

"trynna stop lion like im mum-ra" is not only impressive technique, complex wordplay and intelligent wit....ITS A THUNDERCATS REFERENCE, BRUH, IM AN 80s BABY, THUNDERCAT REFERENCES ARE A WIN

i didnt count all the repeated "lying/lion/laying/;aying" as internal rhymes, even tho they are. and while you can argue they are weak, the play on lyin lion is more than enough to justify it.

Engarde, Touche Lupe cool as the Unthawed,
again, touche and lupe are complex internal rhymes structured within engarde/unthawed

possesed/correct/fresh/steps/best are all internal rhymes within "gun charge/porn star/foreign car/horns are" none of which are like "hit me/get me" i.e. new words infront of the same repeated rhyming word. they're all poly-syllabic rhymes and more importantly to difficult of technique, different words.

he uses 9 words rhyming 9 times interally in those bars...

he also employs another literary mechanism, which i forget the name of, in which the author breaks the metaphysical plane, and comments on the work as work...."let me end my verse right where the horns are"

the author is making the audience aware of the 3rd plane...like in a TV series where the character looks at the camera and addresses the audience...or a book speaks in "( )"

i like biggie better than lupe.

but, in comparing these two verses, lupe is CLEALRY more technically sound...he has a stronger technical skill....

you like big better? cool, me too....

but you can't argue with that fact.

and yo, i skipped a cigarette break at work to type this out, so i'd appreciate you reading it

as far as "dozens" of rappers with superior technique over big?

slick rick, twista, jay, lupe, eminem, jr writer, bun b, TI, ludacris, DMX, mase, Big L, royce, budden, pusha ton, peedi crack, young chris, freeway, beans, pun. rass kass, meth, red...do i REALLY have to continue? not to say one or any of these dudes is a better RAPPER than big...they just have better/more difficult technique

and its not even a shot at big, its just the nature of the art form...

every rapper is a culmenation of every rapper before him...

you dont think @!!$!+ have gotten more talented, technically, in 20 years?

fam, 91 was 20 years ago. that's alot of time to improve a technique.

@!!$!+ in 2011 have 20 years on big......

it's be a pretty sad rap landscape if noone improved 20-year old techniques

indifferent.gif

and while that's true, 90s biggie is STILL better than a MAJORITY of rappers EVER (which speaks to BIGS talent) there is still a population, the minority of aforementioned majority, that can get him...TECHNICALLY

i just said big is my 2nd favorite rapper (behind jay)...so its not like im biased just disrespecting biggie...

busta has a better flow, but is he a better rapper? HELL NO

JR writer has better rhyme schemes, but is he a better rapper? HELL NO

Lupe has more interesting concepts, but is he a better rapper? HELL NO

do you not understand what im saying here?

you're so caught up in the blashphemy of me not slobbing chris wallace's knob, that you're not even seeing the argument im posing on that framework...

See me, only me
Truly yours, Frank White

for the argument, i took the first verse of victory, and i color-coded the rhyme schemes...

words that rhyme off each other are the same color, do you see?

now, i will go through each individual bar

commision and permission are pretty strong interal rhymes, especially when it isn't even the main rhyme of the bar

hit em/hit em/wit em was the main rhyme of the bar...and pretty weak, imo.

in 97, it was a strong bar, in 2011, its weak. he rhymed hit em with hit em the very next measure, and rhymed those with wit em....

that's not strong technique

heard of us/murderers had been rhymed prolly 4 times by prodigy, a rival rapper, before big said it here....

most shady/low lately/hate me is classic BIG technique. i love it.

satan/blatent is a streach rhyme. but satan/blatant/hesitatin/waitin/tapin are pretty decent technique

what isnt good technique is going on for another bar not rhyming

"your fam destiny lays in my hands, gat lays in my waist"

none of that rhymed. that's poor technique.

thw waist, did, however, rhyme internally with the next line

he rhymed waist with iz-H...which is a common mechanism in hip hop, although a personal pet peeve of mine that i see as laziness...i think we can agree it isnt the most sound technique to employ, right?

phenominal/abdominal is a dope rhyme, with an internal rhyme of rest/vest, which is simple, but a very difficult internal rhyme...he gets technique points here...

but then, the next 2 bars are poor technique

"RHYME a few BARS so i can BUY a few CARS, KICK a new FLOW so i can PIMP a new %*%"

theres internal rhymes but the main rhymes are elementary simple.. BARS/CARS FLOW/%*%

that's not particularly impressive technique, sir.

excellence/presence/tense/hesitant/bent/ are great rhymes and impressive technique...

"real quick/real sick" is weak technique

"i perform like mike" doesnt rhyme with anything, poor technique

anyone doesnt rhyme with tyson, jordan or jackson....the UN sounds in these words, streach rhyme...and only when pronounced differently...

since he got into poly syllabism here, i wanted to point it out. act/pack rhyme and ion/gun rhyme. this is actually a simple, but dope rhyme....and it actually rhymes with the jackson in the previous line.

ridiculous/quick to bust/ends you touch are marginal teachnique. ridiculous and quick to bust are cool, but "ends you touch" when he turns around and rhymes TOUCH again in the next line, ultimately ending with "clutch" which is an employment of enjambment, cause it continues to the next line (and ends the rhyme abruptly

what is an automato? oh, an automatic? automatic weak technique.

matoes/fatso/castro/rap flow is a cliche rhyme/ technique in rap, and fatso and castro arent impressive rhymes at all

Militant/killing !!$$/spillin !!$$ is weak technique...anytime you rhyme killin and spillin and !!$$ and !!$$ its going to be considered weak, ESPECIALLY in 2011

holmes/zone/alone....not weak, but not exactly strong, either...

this line doesnt rhyme with anything.

See me, only me
Truly yours, Frank White

shady/baby arent particularly impressive technique

fantastic/graphic/jurassic is impressive, ESPECIALLY at the time this was released

Park did/spark kids/start !!$$ is decent, technique-wise

underboss/holocaust is pretty damn impressive, even by todays standards, but the truely yours doesnt even rhyme.

now, i've analyzed a biggie verse, a verse of my 2nd favorite rapper

now, lemme do a verse im not even ape**** over, a verse from this era i think is average

Engarde, TouchÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] Lupe cool as the Unthawed,

he rhymes third with third, right? but he also sets up an internal rhyme "still" for the next line

besides, he's rhyming third with third, but if you recognize the wit, he's playing on the word "still"

lupin the 3rd is a cartoon theif...so he's playing STILL/STEAL, which, in terms of technique, allows us to dismiss him rhyming third with third

the still/till rhyme is very hidden and very internal...only nerds would write this and only nerds would notice this

Hear/ear/beer, Here like ear is a play on the word HERE/HEAR, then he goes back to the original rhyme, third, and rhymes curb

these are all technically strong rhymes, and the lines are full of meaning, wit and wordplay

he employs 8 words, rhyming 8 times JUST FOR THE INTERNAL RHYME inside "third/third/curb"

that's technically difficult.

this was technically weak, which i dismiss because it comes after some very very very very impressive techniques, but its weak technique none-the-less

while the complex internal rhymes arent here....

the wordplay still is

back on the block is a play on the phrase...layin on the street means literally your back on the street

"trynna stop lion like im mum-ra" is not only impressive technique, complex wordplay and intelligent wit....ITS A THUNDERCATS REFERENCE, BRUH, IM AN 80s BABY, THUNDERCAT REFERENCES ARE A WIN

i didnt count all the repeated "lying/lion/laying/;aying" as internal rhymes, even tho they are. and while you can argue they are weak, the play on lyin lion is more than enough to justify it.

Engarde, Touche Lupe cool as the Unthawed,
again, touche and lupe are complex internal rhymes structured within engarde/unthawed

possesed/correct/fresh/steps/best are all internal rhymes within "gun charge/porn star/foreign car/horns are" none of which are like "hit me/get me" i.e. new words infront of the same repeated rhyming word. they're all poly-syllabic rhymes and more importantly to difficult of technique, different words.

he uses 9 words rhyming 9 times interally in those bars...

he also employs another literary mechanism, which i forget the name of, in which the author breaks the metaphysical plane, and comments on the work as work...."let me end my verse right where the horns are"

the author is making the audience aware of the 3rd plane...like in a TV series where the character looks at the camera and addresses the audience...or a book speaks in "( )"

i like biggie better than lupe.

but, in comparing these two verses, lupe is CLEALRY more technically sound...he has a stronger technical skill....

you like big better? cool, me too....

but you can't argue with that fact.

and yo, i skipped a cigarette break at work to type this out, so i'd appreciate you reading it

as far as "dozens" of rappers with superior technique over big?

slick rick, twista, jay, lupe, eminem, jr writer, bun b, TI, ludacris, DMX, mase, Big L, royce, budden, pusha ton, peedi crack, young chris, freeway, beans, pun. rass kass, meth, red...do i REALLY have to continue? not to say one or any of these dudes is a better RAPPER than big...they just have better/more difficult technique

and its not even a shot at big, its just the nature of the art form...

every rapper is a culmenation of every rapper before him...

you dont think @!!$!+ have gotten more talented, technically, in 20 years?

fam, 91 was 20 years ago. that's alot of time to improve a technique.

@!!$!+ in 2011 have 20 years on big......

it's be a pretty sad rap landscape if noone improved 20-year old techniques

Look dude i reall appreciate you taking the time out to type all of that out and i understand where your coming from as far as technique. with that said im not sitting here dissecting verses bar for bar checking to see how many times a rapper can rhyme a word several times. If you listen to music like that and enjoy it more power to you. 

The thing is im just worried about the culmination of everything and how the verse sounds as a WHOLE, and the way the verse sounds when performed over a beat. And i listen to several of the rappers you listed heavily and i will stick by this idea::::  80% of that list you posted regardless of technical skill could not come up with a verse that SOUNDS better than Bigs verse on victory and at the end of the day thats all that matters to me. Its music i care about the feeling that it reflects. Im not grading these dudes are the amount of literary techniques they use.

Look dude i reall appreciate you taking the time out to type all of that out and i understand where your coming from as far as technique. with that said im not sitting here dissecting verses bar for bar checking to see how many times a rapper can rhyme a word several times. If you listen to music like that and enjoy it more power to you. 

The thing is im just worried about the culmination of everything and how the verse sounds as a WHOLE, and the way the verse sounds when performed over a beat. And i listen to several of the rappers you listed heavily and i will stick by this idea::::  80% of that list you posted regardless of technical skill could not come up with a verse that SOUNDS better than Bigs verse on victory and at the end of the day thats all that matters to me. Its music i care about the feeling that it reflects. Im not grading these dudes are the amount of literary techniques they use.

Back
Top Bottom