Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

Originally Posted by tyisny

Look dude i reall appreciate you taking the time out to type all of that out and i understand where your coming from as far as technique. with that said im not sitting here dissecting verses bar for bar checking to see how many times a rapper can rhyme a word several times. If you listen to music like that and enjoy it more power to you. 

The thing is im just worried about the culmination of everything and how the verse sounds as a WHOLE, and the way the verse sounds when performed over a beat. And i listen to several of the rappers you listed heavily and i will stick by this idea::::  80% of that list you posted regardless of technical skill could not come up with a verse that SOUNDS better than Bigs verse on victory and at the end of the day thats all that matters to me. Its music i care about the feeling that it reflects. Im not grading these dudes are the amount of literary techniques they use.
so when i say they're technically better, you cant just say "OH MAN, NAW, ITS NOT EVEN UP FOR DEBATE"
you're arguing an opinion...im arguing tangible evidence...

peedi crack certainly has verses on throwaway mixtape songs that are more impressive to me than big on victory...and not JUST technically...

but im not here to argue about opinions

im using objective and tangible evidence to support my claims that big wasnt the most technically impressive rapper

i know it was long and i wish i didnt have to type all that out to explain why i enjoy tyler the creator over rick ross...

voice and delivery (what youre saying big is beating everyone at) is a given to me as far as rappers are concerned

what else you got?

and i didnt want you to get the wrong idea, i love big, his flow and delivery are amazing

but to claim that rap hasnt improved in 20 years, and its not up for debate, is insulting........

people can be upset Big L, Biggie, Rakim and all those dudes have less developed styles....

them dudes are 15-20-30 years in the past....

dont get me wrong, "i got a story to tell" top 10 song of all time....his rhymes are technically amazing in that song...

but come on, dudes rapping in 92 have basic bars compared to 2011. (unless you think wayne is the best out right now, of course)

dudes always fall back to their personal opinions to defend statements. i try to use tangible evidence....

like, to me, victory is one of bigs weakest, lyrically...

@!*@, his mr. cee demo is better than victory....

you arguing using the emotion it pulls out of you....i mean, lil b pulls emotion out of TONS of kids...are we gonna mention big and lil b in the same breath?

see what im saying?

give me something tangible, other than "i think it sounds nice" 

somehow me typing "i listen closely for technique" isnt understood, i have to type out pages....

its cool tho, thanks for reading.

Look dude i reall appreciate you taking the time out to type all of that out and i understand where your coming from as far as technique. with that said im not sitting here dissecting verses bar for bar checking to see how many times a rapper can rhyme a word several times. If you listen to music like that and enjoy it more power to you. 

The thing is im just worried about the culmination of everything and how the verse sounds as a WHOLE, and the way the verse sounds when performed over a beat. And i listen to several of the rappers you listed heavily and i will stick by this idea::::  80% of that list you posted regardless of technical skill could not come up with a verse that SOUNDS better than Bigs verse on victory and at the end of the day thats all that matters to me. Its music i care about the feeling that it reflects. Im not grading these dudes are the amount of literary techniques they use.
so when i say they're technically better, you cant just say "OH MAN, NAW, ITS NOT EVEN UP FOR DEBATE"

peedi crack certainly has verses on throwaway mixtape songs that are more impressive to me than big on victory...and not JUST technically...

im using objective and tangible evidence to support my claims that big wasnt the most technically impressive rapper

i know it was long and i wish i didnt have to type all that out to explain why i enjoy tyler the creator over rick ross...

voice and delivery (what youre saying big is beating everyone at) is a given to me as far as rappers are concerned

what else you got?

and i didnt want you to get the wrong idea, i love big, his flow and delivery are amazing

but to claim that rap hasnt improved in 20 years, and its not up for debate, is insulting........

people can be upset Big L, Biggie, Rakim and all those dudes have less developed styles....

dont get me wrong, "i got a story to tell" top 10 song of all time....his rhymes are technically amazing in that song...

but come on, dudes rapping in 92 have basic bars compared to 2011. (unless you think wayne is the best out right now, of course)

dudes always fall back to their personal opinions to defend statements. i try to use tangible evidence....

you arguing using the emotion it pulls out of you....i mean, lil b pulls emotion out of TONS of kids...are we gonna mention big and lil b in the same breath?

see what im saying?

somehow me typing "i listen closely for technique" isnt understood, i have to type out pages....

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

what else you got?

see what im saying?

6a01053596fb28970c011572220be7970b-400wi

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

what else you got?

see what im saying?

6a01053596fb28970c011572220be7970b-400wi

*shrugs*

in 94...Big L was incredible...

in 2011, Big L would be basic....

yall sound like these sportswriters thinking bob coussy could even ride a bench in the NBA today

"BUT GETTING BACK TO THE BLACK, RHINOCEROS OF RAP/ BIG TOOK A LOSS? HOW PREPOSTEROUS IS THAT?" > victory

i dont think ive even listened to victory since like...2001.

*shrugs*

in 94...Big L was incredible...

in 2011, Big L would be basic....

yall sound like these sportswriters thinking bob coussy could even ride a bench in the NBA today

"BUT GETTING BACK TO THE BLACK, RHINOCEROS OF RAP/ BIG TOOK A LOSS? HOW PREPOSTEROUS IS THAT?" > victory

i dont think ive even listened to victory since like...2001.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

LDS spittin some real !!%!. I agree.

this. props to LDS on his passion for hiphop. i feel like i see/listen to rap and hip hop the same way(except your feelings on jay/big-but maybe thats a westcoast thing 
grin.gif

but about earl, his flow is ill
pimp.gif
, its only his content that seems to throw people off

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

LDS spittin some real !!%!. I agree.

this. props to LDS on his passion for hiphop. i feel like i see/listen to rap and hip hop the same way(except your feelings on jay/big-but maybe thats a westcoast thing 
grin.gif

but about earl, his flow is ill
pimp.gif
, its only his content that seems to throw people off

on the real tho, if you are looking for lyrical content and meaning then go to a #@+$+*@ OPEN MIC POETRY. ofwgkta is not for you if all you want out of music is the message and meaning.. ofwgkta is pure entertainment in means of beats, their personality, earls rap flow wordplay and schemes, violent and funny content. you guys that listen to this +!%$ and disagree are looking in all the wrong places for hiphop... rap isnt all about having a message or being positive or having a certain meaning. rap is music. music is entertainment.

on the real tho, if you are looking for lyrical content and meaning then go to a #@+$+*@ OPEN MIC POETRY. ofwgkta is not for you if all you want out of music is the message and meaning.. ofwgkta is pure entertainment in means of beats, their personality, earls rap flow wordplay and schemes, violent and funny content. you guys that listen to this +!%$ and disagree are looking in all the wrong places for hiphop... rap isnt all about having a message or being positive or having a certain meaning. rap is music. music is entertainment.

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

please stop hyping these dudes

Yeah those guys are trash, don't see what the hype is about

Nas, Shyhiem, and Prodigy were light years better than Earl Sweatshirt at the same age

Back
Top Bottom