Is it bad I don't care to listen to 97% of the hip hop out there today?

I am one of the few people that actually defy that study. I refuse to stay stagnant, especially when it consist of Hip Hop.

Rap today: I whip in the kitchen skirt skirt skirt skirt, repeat x30
You're out of touch if that's what you truly think. 
laugh.gif

Very out of touch :lol:
Dudes talking that talk nowadays. Some people not gonna like it but alot of people don't understand it either. I gave Kodak black a fair shake and dude remind me of a young boosie. And just like Boosie, alot of fans can't relate to what that ***** talking about and some others don't care to hear it. People like u and myself, it's gospel. Even tho the clothes got tighter [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] rap kinda went back more to the streets.

Last edited:
My current rotation in no order

Joey Bad*****
K.Dot
Future
Travis Scott
Pryme
Rae Sremm
Fabolous
Meek
Drake
Vince Staples :smokin
Action Bronson
Tyga
Lupe
Ross
French
Young Thug
Ab Soul
King Push
J Cole
Yeezy
A$AP

Joey Bad*****
K.Dot
Future
Travis Scott
Pryme
Rae Sremm
Fabolous
Meek
Drake
Action Bronson
Tyga
Lupe
Ross
French
Young Thug
Ab Soul
King Push
J Cole
Yeezy
A$AP
Repped
U like all types of different rap, props.

Last edited:
Kodak definitely surprised me. I heard Skrt and had no intentions on giving him a chance. Then after I looked through thread and saw the Boosie comparisons I listened to a lot of his **** and he's talented. Reminds me of Boosie and early BG.

Lil Herb and Lil Bibby are the best young rappers in the game right now though. Herbs Ballin Like I'm Kobe tape is a great pure Hip Hop project.

Joey Bad*****
K.Dot
Future
Travis Scott
Pryme
Rae Sremm
Fabolous
Meek
Drake
Action Bronson
Tyga
Lupe
Ross
French
Young Thug
Ab Soul
King Push
J Cole
Yeezy
A$AP

I like this list. Its actually varied and so i guess aint no one gon answer me on that question i posted in here lol

Kodak definitely surprised me. I heard Skrt and had no intentions on giving him a chance. Then after I looked through thread and saw the Boosie comparisons I listened to a lot of his **** and he's talented. Reminds me of Boosie and early BG.

Lil Herb and Lil Bibby are the best young rappers in the game right now though. Herbs Ballin Like I'm Kobe tape is a great pure Hip Hop project.
U ain't lying. I think they finally starting to separate themselves from the whole drill scene and I've noticed more dudes giving them a chance.

Speak To Em and Retro Flow are songs from those to that would def have me checking our future stuff from them

Other than letting the live mixtapes radio ride :lol: :pimp: my rotation to listen to is:

Gucci
Boosie
Gotti
Cole
Kendrick
Problem
Future
21 savage
A lil young thug
Dolph
Kodak
Bankroll (R.I.P)
Strap
Ross
Fabolous
Old weezy
Project pat
Rae shremmerd
And a few local rappers

What question?
This one...

Why is trap music the main form of current hip hop yall listen to on here? Like looking at Wavy list of dudes & a majority of them dudes are in that sub genre. The same sub genre that most old heads say turned them away from current hip hop...so how does suggesting more of them guys help spread the right kinda awareness? Im just saying cause i give EVERYTHING a chance but suggesting them kinda rappers when some ppl prefer a different than that seems pointless. I hated that kinda rap awhile ago too so i get where some ppl coming from when they slander it

This one...

I wasn't really suggesting. I was just stating what I prefer to listen too. Out of the 8 or so artist I posted. 4 are considered "Trap". Future, YFN Lucci, Thug and Bankroll. Kodak ain't a trap rapper. Cole ain't. Kendrick ain't. Dave east ain't.

All of those artist are all different under that trap umbrella. If your criticisms is that: they all sound alike, rap the same, or rap about nothing...that just tells me you're closed minded, out of touch, and only want your rap to be one way (not you per se). The reasons people claim to hate trap music is always hypocritical to me...because they'll criticize it for glorifying street rap....then go right ahead and listen to 2003 50 Cent rap about similar stuff. Or listen to Wutang rap about the same sht. I enjoy trap music because of the production, melodies, flows and unorthodox lyrics. I know old heads who love Future and Bankroll...and begrudgingly enjoy Thug :lol:.

Trap music ain't the only type of rap I listen to. But it's up there. Hearing stuff I can relate to, over great production (them Zay-tiggy keys) works for me.

What's happening now is Trap music is getting diluted by outsiders and biters. When Tip, Jeezy, Wop first hit the scene....they were dropping nothing but quality projects. Now some fly by night 20 year old will buy a fake Zay/TM 88 beat off of YouTube. Rap using Migos or Future's flow...talk about absolutely nothing...and blow up. When that keeps happening, the music gets worse.

The best trap music was born out of originality. Gucci in Zay's Momma's basement, spitting street sht over prodiction that's a mix of Bay/Area & ATL sounds. Jeezy and the street anthems from d-rich, shawty red. Future in the dungeon with the dungeon family cultivating the sound. Tip with his own sound.

It's mind boggling to me that people can't grasp the concept of music in settings. Understand why certain music is made for the club or played on the radio. And I whole suscribe that balance is definitely needed these days and is sorely missing. Rap isn't in the best place. But trap music isn't the reason for it.

Hell, Kendrick and Cole just dropped two platinum albums. Cole did so without a feature and had a largely successful tour. Those are two of the most successful artist in the game. Love yours and wet dreams get played on the radio. I've heard King Kunta in the club. We forget how good and bad the jiggy era was. Or the platinum, in the club era. Hip hop is cyclical. We just need more original talent to come thru. The biting now is the worst it's ever been.

Rap ain't all "skrt skrt", "whip the wrist" etc etc. You can find something that suits your taste...literally, with your fingertips.

I wasn't really suggesting. I was just stating what I prefer to listen too. Out of the 8 or so artist I posted. 4 are considered "Trap". Future, YFN Lucci, Thug and Bankroll. Kodak ain't a trap rapper. Cole ain't. Kendrick ain't. Dave east ain't.

All of those artist are all different under that trap umbrella. If your criticisms is that: they all sound alike, rap the same, or rap about nothing...that just tells me you're closed minded, out of touch, and only want your rap to be one way (not you per se). The reasons people claim to hate trap music is always hypocritical to me...because they'll criticize it for glorifying street rap....then go right ahead and listen to 2003 50 Cent rap about similar stuff. Or listen to Wutang rap about the same sht. I enjoy trap music because of the production, melodies, flows and unorthodox lyrics. I know old heads who love Future and Bankroll...and begrudgingly enjoy Thug :lol:.

Trap music ain't the only type of rap I listen to. But it's up there. Hearing stuff I can relate to, over great production (them Zay-tiggy keys) works for me.

What's happening now is Trap music is getting diluted by outsiders and biters. When Tip, Jeezy, Wop first hit the scene....they were dropping nothing but quality projects. Now some fly by night 20 year old will buy a fake Zay/TM 88 beat off of YouTube. Rap using Migos or Future's flow...talk about absolutely nothing...and blow up. When that keeps happening, the music gets worse.

The best trap music was born out of originality. Gucci in Zay's Momma's basement, spitting street sht over prodiction that's a mix of Bay/Area & ATL sounds. Jeezy and the street anthems from d-rich, shawty red. Future in the dungeon with the dungeon family cultivating the sound. Tip with his own sound.

It's mind boggling to me that people can't grasp the concept of music in settings. Understand why certain music is made for the club or played on the radio. And I whole suscribe that balance is definitely needed these days and is sorely missing. Rap isn't in the best place. But trap music isn't the reason for it.

Hell, Kendrick and Cole just dropped two platinum albums. Cole did so without a feature and had a largely successful tour. Those are two of the most successful artist in the game. Love yours and wet dreams get played on the radio. I've heard King Kunta in the club. We forget how good and bad the jiggy era was. Or the platinum, in the club era. Hip hop is cyclical. We just need more original talent to come thru. The biting now is the worst it's ever been.

Rap ain't all "skrt skrt", "whip the wrist" etc etc. You can find something that suits your taste...literally, with your fingertips.

First of all them yous aint directed at me cause i am ALL over the place in here lol. I understand ALL of what you're saying & have stated so in numerous other threads and times but i feel as tho ppl underestimate how close minded & stubborn ppl can be with this subject tho. Like i would never suggest certain kinds of hip hop to someone who dont seem like they'll like it based off the stuff i know they listen to. Im simply stating that. Also its never really said why thats the main sub genre in the music section. I RARELY see lesser known artists discussed on here especially from other sub genres of hip hop. Thats whats always bothered me bout the Music forum

And 4 outta 8 is half jus from ONE sub genre. Hence why i said majority lol

Last edited:
First of all them yous aint directed at me cause i am ALL over the place in here lol. I understand ALL of what you're saying & have stated so in numerous other threads and times but i feel as tho ppl underestimate how close minded & stubborn ppl can be with this subject tho. Like i would never suggest certain kinds of hip hop to someone who dont seem like they'll like it based off the stuff i know they listen to. Im simply stating that. Also its never really said why thats the main sub genre in the music section. I RARELY see lesser known artists discussed on here especially from other sub genres of hip hop. Thats whats always bothered me bout the Music forum

And i consider Bank as a trap rapper, idk how he isnt lol. Its not a knock against him. Kodak right on the edge of that sub genre....te others arent to me and hence why i said MAJORITY

I included Bankroll as a trap rapper. Him, YFN, Future & Thug. That's why I said 4/8.

I dont consider Kodak a trap rapper :lol:. He just a southern rapper to me. But I feel you.

Last edited:
I included Bankroll as a trap rapper. Him, YFN, Future & Thug. That's why I said 4/8.

I dont consider Kodak a trap rapper :lol:. He just a southern rapper to me. But I feel you.

Yea i dont consider him either but to the CASUAL rap fan i can easily see him being lumped in there lol. I mean we've had Young Dolph confused for 2 Chainz on here before :lol:

But yea Id just like to see ALL sub genres of hip hop be represented on here

For new stuff I mainly listen to Freddie Gibbs, Curren$y, Sir Michael Rocks the most.  But I'll listen to anyone, I try to give new artist a chance but most of the stuff I either don't like or its one or two songs thats good and the rest meh.

*the rock clapping gif*

Back
Top Bottom