Is it safe to say Breaking Bad > The Wire?

I just watched the Corner for the first time and it's great. Very depressing type of show but very authentic. Anybody that grew up in that type of environment it hits you.

On the topic I would probably lean more towards the wire because the entire cast was great. Like they had so many memorable characters and the wire speaks our language more. I think Gustavo Fring is the best character from either show though.

Breaking Bad is way more consistent, The Wire has a few meh seasons... I think I enjoyed every single season of BB.

Felt that it was still the Wire > BB while it was still airing and 5-6 years after the finale I still feel the same way.

BB is easily a top 5 show all-time and was constructed and written masterfully but I've yet to see anything touching The Wire overall after all these years

Sorry but I watched only the first 2 seasons of the wire...

Couldn't do it after that...

Doing yourself a real disservice missing out on seasons 3 + 4

Breaking Bad> The Wire > Entourage

1a 1b 1c

ea872262ae8afe00d7e6fda0f1cdab7d.gif

The Shield might be better than both for real for real. Forget every season, every episode of the Shield was great. That show kicked off with a bang. You ain't gotta watch 4-5 episodes to get into it.

I remember The Shield being ok... but definitely not on the same level as either of the 2 series being discussed.

The shield is up there. A little hokey in parts, mainly with some of the cases Dutch and Claudette work on, but the strike team stuff is strong from start to finish.

I have The Wire in one of my top shows overall, but the McNulty serial killer season was just a bit too ridiculous for me and is what causes me to put BB higher

Yes season 5 of the wire was rushed because they didn't know if they were getting cancelled. So Breaking bad is more complete

Back
Top Bottom