Is it safe to say Breaking Bad > The Wire?

Entourage being in the same sentence :lol:

I wish I could dislike post.

:lol: And I love entourage but it's a "fun" type of show. It wasn't no great acting or great drama on it. Jeremy Piven was a beast playing Ari but other than him nobody was doing any outstanding acting.

Entourage being in the same sentence :lol:

I wish I could dislike post.

Can’t believe I’m replying to this but man are you high? Tell me Ari wasn’t the quint essential of a Hustler tell me who else could match with saying what he wanted when he wanted to Hollywood people with power? Not the hustle man down the street at the bodega ,Go ahead take ya time I will wait. same goes for the 2 that like that post as well:rofl:

Also Entourage has a movie already because there was enough demand for it out of the 2 that was mentioned

Last edited:
Man I haven't seen either The Wire or The Sopranos, or anything post season 1 of BB.

I was conversing with my workmate and he said he was jealous of my situation.. he'd love to be able to watch The Wire for the first time all over again.

I've only mustered watching maybe 20mins of The Wire.. but haven't been engaged. I think it's because I tried getting the mrs to watch me with and she's the queen of distraction (being on the fone etc.) and I always feel that pressure when she's not interested in it, we'll have to watch something else lol :lol:

Better watch it on my own..

I'll go ahead and chime in. BB is the greatest show ever. I have watched season 1 - 5 a total of 5 times. I notice something new everytime I watch through it. I just noticed in Season 1 that Crazy 8 was a snitch. :wow: I've managed to watch The Wire in it's entirety 2 times. BB has better pacing better writing better character development. The Wire is ruined by Season 2 and the ending of Season 5. Characters in the Wire stayed pretty much the same throughout the series as well. I haven't watched Sopranos in it's entirety at all but I have seen most seasons and it's very good but not BB. I need to see Dexter. Lost started out great and then was all over the place. The same can be said for GOT. Power started off good but now it comes off as unbelievable. TWD pilot is one of the greatest TV episodes to ever air but that show has gotten terrible. Friday Night Lights was my ****.

I'll go ahead and chime in. BB is the greatest show ever. I have watched season 1 - 5 a total of 5 times. I notice something new everytime I watch through it. I just noticed in Season 1 that Crazy 8 was a snitch. :wow: I've managed to watch The Wire in it's entirety 2 times. BB has better pacing better writing better character development. The Wire is ruined by Season 2 and the ending of Season 5. Characters in the Wire stayed pretty much the same throughout the series as well. I haven't watched Sopranos in it's entirety at all but I have seen most seasons and it's very good but not BB. I need to see Dexter. Lost started out great and then was all over the place. The same can be said for GOT. Power started off good but now it comes off as unbelievable. TWD pilot is one of the greatest TV episodes to ever air but that show has gotten terrible. Friday Night Lights was my ****.

Dexter started off good to great and declined after a phenomenal Season 4 fell off a cliff after Season 5. Season 4 is so damb good, man.

Can’t believe I’m replying to this but man are you high? Tell me Ari wasn’t the quint essential of a Hustler tell me who else could match with saying what he wanted when he wanted to Hollywood people with power? Not the hustle man down the street at the bodega ,Go ahead take ya time I will wait. same goes for the 2 that like that post as well:rofl:

Also Entourage has a movie already because there was enough demand for it out of the 2 that was mentioned

So according to this logic, Sex and The City is the best show of all time, because it had a movie and sequel :stoneface:

By the end, Entourage reached Ole Yeller status and just needed to be taken out back. Entourage was literally

1. Vince and the boys flourish
2. Vince takes an L
3. Vince grabs himself by the bootstraps
4. Vince bounces back
5. Rinse and repeat

For eight seasons and a movie. And you have the audacity and unmitigated gall to compare that to the depth, character development and wide ranging plots of Breaking Bad and The Wire while not even mentioning The Sopranos?

BDADC331-25DA-4802-8A61-660039ACC1DF.gif

By the end, Entourage reached Ole Yeller status and just needed to be taken out back. Entourage was literally

1. Vince and the boys flourish
2. Vince takes an L
3. Vince grabs himself by the bootstraps
4. Vince bounces back
5. Rinse and repeat

For eight seasons and a movie. And you have the audacity and unmitigated gall to compare that to the depth, character development and wide ranging plots of Breaking Bad and The Wire while not even mentioning The Sopranos?

BDADC331-25DA-4802-8A61-660039ACC1DF.gif

Lol @ at prop Joe and snoop as character development man ain’t nothing for us to talk about

Lol @ at prop Joe and snoop as character development man ain’t nothing for us to talk about

You are making a mockery of The Wire right now. Did you even watch the show? Say what you want about Proposition Joe’s character development and aside from being one of the only characters in all five seasons, he was very clearly the glue man in the drug community. He always kept the peace and negotiated with or on behalf of as well as manipulated the other factions (see: New Day Co-Op) and Omar. He was a very important supporting character but aight dog, talk to me about Shauna or Babs.

Not even in the top 10

The Sopranos > Breaking Bad > *
The Sopranos is excellent, but the experimental/"artsy" scenes throw me off and the m-word that they use for us annoys me, though I understand it's for authenticity. For me, it's: The Wire>Breaking Bad<>The Sopranos. They can all be interchangeable based on my interests at the moment, but " The Wire" is the first critically acclaimed show that I followed from week to week since I'm biased towards it not to mentioned it's more akin to the neighborhoods that I was raised in.

Season 2 of The Wire gets so much fake love it’s comical.
I feel as if people say they like it just to be different and act like they’re above those that trash it :lol:

Why would someone fake Iove it? :stoneface:

I genuinely think it's great television. Tied everything together perfectly and introduced more layers to the story to depict Baltimore (after all the entire show was about Baltimore according to David Simon). The struggling middle class, gentrification, higher tier drug trafficking, human trafficking, prison, etc. The Sobotka story plays like a Greek tragedy. Plot twists and character defining moments. The writing is exceptional. I think a lot of people don't like it because it's sort of the black sheep in that it slightly pivoted away from the Barksdale org. Which is fine because it's personal preference. But it was extremely well executed if you can get past that.

Back
Top Bottom