IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Whats also silly is Longstroke's "formulas" on what makes one great or " not overrated".
Logical-Fallacies-fallacy-fallacy-620x390.jpg

Jersey sales? Ratings? Articles from nobodies? Blogs? Status updates? Morse codes?
roll.gif
mean.gif

Basketball numbers...don't lie.
Nope, you are not going to get away with that. The Kobe Fans brought up all of what you've questioned, and I've rebutted showing that they are wrong, just like you are about Basketball numbers.

If numbers mattered most, Pete Rose should be in the baseball hall of fame, regardless of what he has done.

If numbers mattered most, OJ Simpson  should still have his Heisman...

...so should Reggie Bush.

Last edited:
LeBron against the Spurs in the NBA Finals had terrible ratings. Overrated bum.
Tom Brady is 5th on NFL jersey sales in 2012. Don't get me started on the tuck rule or how he got bailed out by his kicker or his defense. Overrated bum.
Usain Bolt's legs are longer than everybody's so his stride is longer. He's not really that fast. Overrated bum.
Peyton Manning has 1 title in his long career despite all of those MVPs. Overrated bum.

This is fun. :lol: :smh:

Nope, you are not going to get away with that. The Kobe Fans brought up all of what you've questioned, and I've rebutted showing that they are wrong, just like you are about Basketball numbers.

If numbers mattered most, Pete Rose should be in the baseball hall of fame, regardless of what he has done.

If numbers mattered most, OJ Simpson  should still have is Heisman...

...so should Reggie Bush.

Numbers are numbers. Rose should be in the hall but he was involved with his betting scandal. Bush was involved with accepting gifts while in college which led to him being stripped of his Heisman. He was still a beast on the field. Simpson sold his Heisman...wasn't stripped...and was also great.

What does this have to do with Kobe's numbers being able to be comparable to greats again? :rofl: :smh:

What is happening here?

Last edited:
Numbers are numbers. Rose should be in the hall but he was involved with his betting scandal. Bush was involved with accepting gifts while in college which led to him being stripped of his Heisman. He was still a beast on the field. Simpson sold his Heisman...wasn't stripped...and was also great.
What does this have to do with Kobe's numbers being able to be comparable to greats again?
roll.gif
mean.gif

What is happening here?
The problem with your argument is that this isn't about Kobe's numbers being comparable to the all time greats.

This is about Kobe being overrated...

moving-the-goal-post.jpg

LeBron against the Spurs in the NBA Finals had terrible ratings. Overrated bum.
Tom Brady is 5th on NFL jersey sales in 2012. Don't get me started on the tuck rule or how he got bailed out by his kicker or his defense. Overrated bum.
Usain Bolt's legs are longer than everybody's so his stride is longer. He's not really that fast. Overrated bum.
Peyton Manning has 1 title in his long career despite all of those MVPs. Overrated bum.
This is fun.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
fallaciouscomparison.jpg

Overrated athletes who can get compared to greats simply by the numbers? Just reading that back sounds ridiculous. :smh: :lol: :rolleyes

Look...

I realize that some of you have self mandated agendas to bash certain players. If that's how you get your attention and want to waste your own time doing so by posting articles and what not to support your silly argument or opinion, enjoy.

But...overrated?

No. Just...no. You guys have fun though. Post another picture...please.

Last edited:
Overrated athletes who can get compared to greats simply by the numbers? Just reading that back sounds ridiculous.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Look...
I realize that some of you have mandated agendas to bash certain players. If that's how you get your attention and want to waste your own time doing so by posting articles and what not to support your silly argument or opinion, enjoy.
But...overrated?
No. Just...no. You guys have fun though. Post another picture...please.
SMH

mean.gif
roll.gif

The fact that people still want to bring this mans credibility down is amazing to me. I can honestly say Kobe is my all time favorite but a Jordan was better and Lebron could pass him up I'd he continues his current pace, why can't people take silly bias statements out of their arguments? Kobe is underrated if u ask me.

The fact that people still want to bring this mans credibility down is amazing to me. I can honestly say Kobe is my all time favorite but a Jordan was better and Lebron could pass him up I'd he continues his current pace, why can't people take silly bias statements out of their arguments? Kobe is underrated if u ask me.

longstroke how long have you been watching basketball? you make it seem like you've been watching since the ABA days for you to have the most knowledgeable opinion :lol: you're a joke

So long stroke continue to ignored question that he can't answer lol priceless

Name at least 5 nba players who have said kobe is not top 10

He can't do it lol

I think we all should stop feeding the troll

:rofl:

i see all the blocked posts by somebody in here. im guessing this is when dude starts going insane and posts articles from third world countries bashing kobe bryant on any topic possible from how he ties his laces to how he poops. lol for somebody who hates kobe bryant so much he sure does spend most of his life posting about him. but atlas this is what smallpoke does.. hes been doing it for almost a decade now.
let me guess two of the posts consist of the smush parker article and about the bryants maid? :lol:

Dude is running away from legit questions because he can't answer them lol

they showin Kobe's 81pt game on NBAtv right now

pimp.gif
They might as well since the current Lakers and Kobe aren't doing too much of anything.  If what your doing currently isn't working, sometimes it's best to look back on the past when times were better.

Ok to respond to the stats in regards to who people want to see. More AWAY games people come to see Kobe (even ALL of the HATERS), as well D. Wade (since his first day in the league) is the second person behind Kobe that I enjoy watching and will pay to watch, with that said MANY people (including) myself are paying to SEE D. WADE, so it is NOT totally about Lebron.

In response to complaining that "Kobe shot 46" shots when he scored 81 pts. Well you FORGOT to mention KOBE shot 28/46 50% (COMMON SENSE says give the ball to the HOT hand in ANY game), he also shot 7/13 from 3 point range 54% and 11/12 from free throw line 92%, so where in the world is there an ISSUE?! I NEVER hear people or you haters complain about WILT SCORING 100 PTS or JORDAN dropping 60 plus on the celtics (maybe you guys might be too young to know about that).

NO ONE in the league WORKS HARDER then KOBE. Seriously while everyone else was out partying this man was in the gym shooting jump shots after a finals loss in 2010, again I say AFTER the game (that is just ONE example of this mans work ethic).

YES, people still bring up what happended in Denver ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO, I am NOT saying that it was ok for him to cheat on his wife, but there are players in the NFL that had sex with minors in a bar (that the cops covered up and ESPN chose NOT to talk about OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, like they did and STILL DO talk about Kobe) to all of y'all shut up and sit down, move on with your life.

YEAH Kobe was robbed of an MVP from Nash, why you ask, because of the HATE period, NOTHING to do with other players, just POLICITCS AND HATE. PERIOD!

Lets see what else do I need to address, NO PLAYER has this man footwork or has WORKED harder on footwork, I mean come on now Kobe worked with the HAKEEM THE DREAM (for those who don't know who is, he is the center who played in the NBA with the GREATEST footwork above ANYONE ever)!

Shoes, Kobe has nowhere near the amount of marketing that Lebron gets for their sig shoes, but yet this man international buzz CAN'T be touched by Lebron or anyone else for that matter and they still sell like crazy. Common theme, everyone says Kobe does things on his own, why because with HATERS and POLITICS, he has had no choice for most of his career.

Last edited:
Oh and another thing, in regards to those that think players don't see Kobe as an ALL time GREAT, NOW.

Jordan flat out said he would pick Kobe.

When asked what player he would NOT want to play against. Kevin Durrants answer was Kobe. Since you guys are good at youtubing and etc, look it up and you will see him say it right out of his mouth. Kobe in his prime would have these dudes for breakfast, lunch and dinner even more then he is now.

Lebron the greatest, no, but most atheletic ever, yes. There is a difference.

Shoes, Kobe has nowhere near the amount of marketing that Lebron gets for their sig shoes, but yet this man international buzz CAN'T be touched by Lebron or anyone else for that matter and they still sell like crazy.
Really?
The data from the first three months of 2012 is in. If you’ve followed general footwear industry trends and habits for any given amount of time, all the top selling shoes from Q1 should be expected. If not, take a look at the list, courtesy of our friend Matt Powell, analyst at SportsOneSource.
- Nike Air Force 1 Low (White)
- Nike Air Force 1 Mid (White)
- Air Jordan 4 Retro (“Cement”)
- Air Jordan 10 Retro (“Stealth”)
- Air Jordan 12 Retro (“Playoffs”)
- Nike Dual Fusion Training
- Nike Air Monarch IV

To recap: white-on-white Air Force 1‘s never go out of style, Nike’s Air Monarch franchise is cheap and has long-running been one of the biggest selling shoes in the company’s history, Dual Fusion is mid-point priced and apparently being scooped up en masse, and then you’ve got your mass produced (but highly in demand) Air Jordan  retro product that all carries high price tags and sell out instantly, making them easy top sellers bait. Or cliffs notes: Nike Inc. all the way down.

http://counterkicks.com/2012/05/heres-the-top-selling-shoes-from-q1-2012/
I don't know where you are getting YOUR info from, but this does say all Nike, but no Kobe anywhere to be found.

Sorry.

Well champ given that perspective, It was either that or praise an overrated NBA player.  I made my decision and I'm sticking with it :D .

yea deuce king you have become garbage on niketalk now for co signing one of the dumbest posters and known troll that makes **** up on niketalk.. its not coincidence that the guy has been banned over 20 times because he goes overboard and thinks when he post its not opinion but fact.

you clearly need your head checked dogg

The fact that Kobe is going for 30,000 points tonight makes this thread sound a little odd.

Well champ given that perspective, It was either that or praise an overrated NBA player.  I made my decision and I'm sticking with it
happy.gif
yea deuce king you have become garbage on niketalk now for co signing one of the dumbest posters and known troll that makes **** up on niketalk.. its not coincidence that the guy has been banned over 20 times because he goes overboard and thinks when he post its not opinion but fact.

Say what you want but he (LONGSTROKE) is stated his opinion and backing it up with information.  Whether he's right or wrong he's just presenting his case.  This thread began with a question which was "Is Kobe Bryant......overrated?". A question was asked and not even by him, and he is providing his answer on the matter.  Simple as that.  Alot of people, Kobe fans in particular need to get over or get out of their feelings.  I'm not saying you or anyone needs to agree with what he is saying either, it is what it is.

236 to 56.

Have a nice day.

Say what you want but he (LONGSTROKE) is stated his opinion and backing it up with information.  Whether he's right or wrong he's just presenting his case.  This thread began with a question which was "Is Kobe Bryant......overrated?". A question was asked and not even by him, and he is providing his answer on the matter.  Simple as that.  Alot of people, Kobe fans in particular need to get over or get out of their feelings.  I'm not saying you or anyone needs to agree with what he is saying either, it is what it is.

yea i cant even see dudes posts but im guessing since from his past garbage he posts that it isnt very much "backing" at all. I mean who the **** is going to use smush parkers word each and every time to prove a point? If Michael Jordan and the rest of the nba legends consider kobe a top 10 player OR great, really what is all the overrated talk about? I dont think anyone is saying Kobe is the greatest player of all time so how can he be overrated? Michael Jordan picked kobe over lebron. Now who are you more likely to take opinion? The greatest of all time himself or some article from a blog from a guy whos never played sports in his life?

Kobe is Kobe. Just like every other player in the all time greats list.

I dont see threads about other players being overrated on here... Seems like op did this just to open up a can of worms.

Back
Top Bottom