IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

yea deuce king you have become garbage on niketalk now for co signing one of the dumbest posters and known troll that makes **** up on niketalk.. its not coincidence that the guy has been banned over 20 times because he goes overboard and thinks when he post its not opinion but fact.
you clearly need your head checked dogg
236 to 56.

Have a nice day.
Oh no you just didn't.

Say what you want but he (LONGSTROKE) is stated his opinion and backing it up with information.  Whether he's right or wrong he's just presenting his case.  This thread began with a question which was "Is Kobe Bryant......overrated?". A question was asked and not even by him, and he is providing his answer on the matter.  Simple as that.  Alot of people, Kobe fans in particular need to get over or get out of their feelings.  I'm not saying you or anyone needs to agree with what he is saying either, it is what it is.
People did the same thing by posting information and backing it up with sources but Long Stroke is ignoring them and refuse to answer legit questions when brought upon him. Dude is fighting a losing battle lol.

You're right it is what is. At the end of the day more knowledgable analyst,  gm, coaches, including players have put Kobe in the top 10.

The ratio between he people who agree Kobe is in top 10 vs people who does not is pretty significant.

10-1. So once again. IT IS WHAT IS IT lol

You can't name 5 NBA players who didn't think Kobe is top 10. But you can search and find multiple players who put him in top 10.

IT IS WHAT IT IS Bruh.

yea i cant even see dudes posts but im guessing since from his past garbage he posts that it isnt very much "backing" at all. I mean who the **** is going to use smush parkers word each and every time to prove a point? If Michael Jordan and the rest of the nba legends consider kobe a top 10 player OR great, really what is all the overrated talk about? I dont think anyone is saying Kobe is the greatest player of all time so how can he be overrated? Michael Jordan picked kobe over lebron. Now who are you more likely to take opinion? The greatest of all time himself or some article from a blog from a guy whos never played sports in his life?
Kobe is Kobe. Just like every other player in the all time greats list.
I dont see threads about other players being overrated on here... Seems like op did this just to open up a can of worms.
People did the same thing by posting information and backing it up with sources but Long Stroke is ignoring them and refuse to answer legit questions when brought upon him. Dude is fighting a losing battle lol.

You're right it is what is. At the end of the day more knowledgable analyst,  gm, coaches, including players have put Kobe in the top 10.

The ratio between he people who agree Kobe is in top 10 vs people who does not is pretty significant.

10-1. So once again. IT IS WHAT IS IT lol

You can't name 5 NBA players who didn't think Kobe is top 10. But you can search and find multiple players who put him in top 10.

IT IS WHAT IT IS Bruh.
Straw Man arguments are quite comical to me...and then everyone else with awareness of what you guys are doing.

Speaking of which, why do you guys type the same?

The only thing comical is your attempt to duck the questions that were brought upon you.

Name 5 players who said kobe is overrated and is not top 10 lol. No answer lol

Players play the game and game recognize game. Multiple players, coaches have mentioned kobe is top ten.

It's really sad to see you're fighting a losing battle here. I thought you were honored as one of the greatest troll on NT. lol

The only thing comical is your attempt to duck the questions that were brought upon you.
Name 5 players who said kobe is overrated and is not top 10 lol. No answer lol
Players play the game and game recognize game. Multiple players, coaches have mentioned kobe is top ten.
It's really sad to see you're fighting a losing battle here. I thought you were honored as one of the greatest troll on NT. lol

30,000 points...
Kobe Bryant: What If He Had Shot 50% for His NBA Career?
For his regular season career, Michael Jordan shot 50 percent from the field (49.7 percent). I took the liberty of using Michael's career field goal percentage shooting clip and applied it to Bryant's individual 15 seasons. Bryant has never shot higher than 46.9 percent from the field for a season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/846927-kobe-bryant-what-if-he-had-shot-50-for-his-nba-career
Overrated.

Last edited:
So now we are gonna discredit the 30k? :lol: you guys realize only 5 people have done that right?

These dudes are silly.

Last edited:
30,000 points...
Kobe Bryant: What If He Had Shot 50% for His NBA Career?

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/846927-kobe-bryant-what-if-he-had-shot-50-for-his-nba-career[/URL]"]
For his regular season career, Michael Jordan shot 50 percent from the field (49.7 percent). I took the liberty of using Michael's career field goal percentage shooting clip and applied it to 
Bryant
's individual 15 seasons. Bryant has never shot higher than 46.9 percent from the field for a season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/846927-kobe-bryant-what-if-he-had-shot-50-for-his-nba-career
Overrated.
[/quote]
He's overrated because he's not better than Jordan?

219 is sooo misleading... Kobe's first 150 games, 143 were off the bench...
Jordan came in 38mpg rookie year. Kobe 15mpg rookie year.
And it's not even half of 4,292.. It's actually around 700 FGA

Numbers don't lie...again.

But no...we should listen to Smush Parker and some blogger. Yeah. :lol:

so long stroke call my reasoning a genetic fallacy but he was the one who post quote from smush parker and source from site like bleacher report dot com LOL TALKING ABOUT IRONY AT ITS BEST LOL

"As a basketball player, Julius was the first to actually take the torch and become the spokesman for the NBA. He understood what his role was and how important it was for him to conduct himself as a representative of the league. Julius was the first player I ever remember who transcended sports and was known by one name, Doctor". – his coach, Billy Cunningham.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Erving
Has anyone ever said that about Kobe Bryant?

Robertson was enshrined in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame  on April 28, 1980. He received the "Player of the Century" award by the National Association of Basketball Coaches  in 2000 and was ranked third on SLAM Magazine's Top 75 NBA Players in 2003, behind fellow NBA legends Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain. Furthermore, in 2006, ESPN  named Robertson the second greatest point guard of all time, praising him as the best post-up guard of all time and placing him only behind Los Angeles Lakers  legend Magic Johnson.[sup][17][/sup]

[sup]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Robertson[/sup]
In fifteen years, Kobe Bryant has had 18 triple doubles during his whole career, while Robertson averaged a triple double for his first five seasons. 

Has anyone ever said that about Kobe Bryant?

Why can't you answer any questions though? Plus...who cares about what someone said about Julius Erving? :rofl:

Do you want to compare Erving's numbers to Kobe? Didn't think so.

A lot of people criticize Michael Jordan himself for not being more of a voice about a lot of things during his time in the league. Does that make the man overrated?! :smh:

How this thread is still alive is beyond me.

In fifteen years, Kobe Bryant has had 18 triple doubles during his whole career, while Robertson averaged a triple double for his first five seasons. 

who the hell compares robertson to kobe?

have you even seen robertson play in person?

when did you start watching ball ? 1960's ? 70's? 80's?

can you answer me why the writer of the article OP posted to start the thread, said kobe was one of the great and now he thinks kobe is overrated?

only 5 people have scored over 30,000 points in NBA HISTORY...kobe is one.

Why Kobe Bryant Is Still One of the Most Overrated Players in NBA History

"I think it is because most great second options aren't hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread like Kobe is. A lot of people love Kobe so much they want to talk about his three championships without even mentioning Shaq. That in turn leads others without the rose colored specs on to say 'what? those were Shaq's teams!' That's really all you're looking at here.

It's kind of like if someone were to turn around and say 'Scottie Pippen is the best player ever because he won six rings'. Of course the rebuttal would be 'Sorry but Scottie was second banana to Jordan, those were Jordan's teams'. Then someone such as yourself may write an article about how even though Jordan was the man, Scottie was still a star. Like that clears up the issue.

Kobe was of course a great second option on those teams! The problem arises when people try to use those three rings as part of an argument to say Kobe is a better individual player than LeBron James or that he's the greatest player not named Mike or other such over the top declarations of his unstoppableness."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...uld-not-be-defined-based-upon-this-past-title

Last edited:
1044132.jpg

Kobe is top 5 all-time: OVERRATED.

Kobe is top 10 all-time: Not OVERRATED. He's around there..........for now, and moving up!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom