IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

How ironic Coach Hubie Brown is praising Kobe on TV right now and just said he's at the top and some older players have to move over.  But what does he know?

who the hell compares robertson to kobe?
have you even seen robertson play in person?
when did you start watching ball ? 1960's ? 70's? 80's?
can you answer me why the writer of the article OP posted to start the thread, said kobe was one of the great and now he thinks kobe is overrated?
only 5 people have scored over 30,000 points in NBA HISTORY...kobe is one.

Oscar Robertson...comparing him to Kobe is :lol:

Kobe is in elite company...and you know what I say next kills this thread.

Kobe came into the league playing second fiddle...pretty much up until 05. He wasn't a flat out starter like Mike either.

Dude shared the scoring load with Shaq people for half of his career, and he still manages to hit 30,000.

Please review the finals from 00 and 02...Shaq owned 01.

Face it..Kobe will go down as second best.

In fifteen years, Kobe Bryant has had 18 triple doubles during his whole career, while Robertson averaged a triple double for his first five seasons. 
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7684533/the-big-o-had-plenty-game-plenty-chips-shoulder

There are few happy Oscar stories. Teammates lived in perpetual fear of letting him down. Coaches struggled to reach him and ultimately left him alone. Referees dreaded calling his games, knowing they couldn't toss the league's best all-around player even as he was serenading them with F-bombs. Fans struggled to connect with a prodigy who had little interest in connecting with them. After he finished in the top five for assists and points for nine straight years, made nine straight first-team All-NBA appearances, averaged a triple double for the first five years of his career, won the '64 MVP with Russell and Wilt in their primes and transformed the role of guards in professional basketball, his team still decided, "We need to get rid of him." Even his hometown paper (the Cincinnati Enquirer) piled on by writing in February 1970, "For years, Oscar has privately scorned the Royals management; he has ridiculed Cincinnati and its fans; he has knocked other players, both on his team and others; and he has never been willing to pay a compliment. He is, has been and probably will grow old a bitter man, convinced that it was all a plot."

he was overrated by your definition because nobody liked him

O ok nevermind Then? I guess I don't see what u were getting at or what it has to do with the thread

Kobes first 3 season scoring totals: 539, 1,220, and 996

Jordans first 3 seasons: 2,313, 408, and 3041

/thread

Didn't read the thread. Don't care to read to thread. I don't have anything of substance to add. But anyone who thinks Kobe is overrated is mad. Work ethic, killer instinct, youngest to score 30K...the list goes on.

Stop with the hate. Stop being blinded by the "Great Michael Jordan." Stop with the talk about selfishness. Stop with the "making people better." Appreciate greatness and keep it moving. 

So you post a random blog from site like bleacher report but have the nerve to call my argument a generic fallacy? Lol too funny.

Didn't read the thread. Don't care to read to thread. I don't have anything of substance to add. But anyone who thinks Kobe is overrated is mad. Work ethic, killer instinct, youngest to score 30K...the list goes on.

Stop with the hate. Stop being blinded by the "Great Michael Jordan." Stop with the talk about selfishness. Stop with the "making people better." Appreciate greatness and keep it moving. 

while I love Kobe and HATE Lebron because of who he is but no doubt hes talented like no other. Hes gonna end up with the youngest ever to 30k.

still tho Kobe has a chance at the most points ever, I pray he gets it

/thread
essential stated that kobes first 143 were off the bench. mj started his rookie year.

/thread

essential stated that kobes first 143 were off the bench. mj started his rookie year.
So then what's the rebuttal to kobe needing nearly 4300 more shots to reach 30k?

I kid, I kid. Only a few have done it. Clap for him.

Last edited:
Bron will pass Kobe, then KD will pass Bron, the "youngest to" monicker is misleading unless you have always started and been the guy from the get go. Great accomplishment nonetheless.

The whole notion of "youngest" to reach "whatever milestone" is skewed, because of rule changes and philosophy.

Kobe came in at a time when high school players weren't immediately put in a position to be major contributors. Lebron was part of the last wave of high school players to go straight to the NBA, but after almost a decade of trial and error (much more than a decade, if you include Shawn Kemp...who did work out, ultimately) the philosophy had changed. Jordan is punished by coming out as a junior (but conversely being a more well-rounded player and more NBA-ready right off the bat). In the same vein, Durant is punished by the one-year rule that Lebron didn't face. So yeah, Lebron will get to 30,000 younger than anyone, but because of circumstances. It doesn't diminish anyone else's accomplishments.

I'm not even a Kobe fan, but to hit 30,000 in an NBA career puts him in elite company. Anyone on this board who attempts to diminish that is just a hater of epic proportions.

So you post a random blog from site like bleacher report but have the nerve to call my argument a generic fallacy? Lol too funny.
Numbers don't lie...again.
But no...we should listen to Smush Parker and some blogger. Yeah.
laugh.gif
so long stroke call my reasoning a genetic fallacy but he was the one who post quote from smush parker and source from site like bleacher report dot com LOL TALKING ABOUT IRONY AT ITS BEST LOL
LONG STROKE CANT ANSWER SIMPLE QUESTION AS USUAL LOL
who the hell compares robertson to kobe?
have you even seen robertson play in person?
when did you start watching ball ? 1960's ? 70's? 80's?
can you answer me why the writer of the article OP posted to start the thread, said kobe was one of the great and now he thinks kobe is overrated?
only 5 people have scored over 30,000 points in NBA HISTORY...kobe is one.
LONGSTROKE > Hubie Brown
No one knows best.

^Do you have a picture to use when you avoid answering questions?
Your question right there represents an incredibly subjective observation.

I've answered questions, you just don't like the answers.

The lead question in this thread, the one posted by the OP is if Kobe Bryant is overrated.

My answer is YES.

The rest of you really don't matter in this regard, as I've answered the question, and I have provided facts to support my position.

Sorry if you disagree with that position, but that's not my problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom