IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Role players when they were champions,,,,, not the game changer like Kobe Bryant

Asking Kobe to play like Kidd and Fisher
roll.gif
Kidd is regarded as a great court/team leader same with Fisher.  

Kidd is regarded as a great court/team leader same with Fisher.  

yet when kidd won, he was nothing but a role player.. and so was fisher... not taking anything away of jkidd's accomplishments, but when he won the title, he was a shadow of his former self...

Yes, he was a shadow of his former self.

And yes, you are taking away from his accomplishments by saying he was just a role player.

Save your stats. Will not read. :lol: Numbers VERY SELDOM tell a whole story.

Yes, he was a shadow of his former self.

And yes, you are taking away from his accomplishments by saying he was just a role player.

Save your stats. Will not read.
laugh.gif
Numbers VERY SELDOM tell a whole story.
but...
Have any of you ever heard about the relationship between FGA and assists? Ever been taught that your shot attempts should never be TOO far away from your assist total?

For example: 21 shots... 3 assists... bad night. 17 shots... 6 assists... more like it. 12 shots... 9 assists... great night.
confused.jpg

which is it?

Last edited:
It was a question about stats.

Not an argument/rebuttal built solely on stats.

Question... argument... two different things.

Have any of you ever heard about the relationship between FGA and assists? Ever been taught that your shot attempts should never be TOO far away from your assist total?

For example: 21 shots... 3 assists... bad night. 17 shots... 6 assists... more like it. 12 shots... 9 assists... great night.
The guy that came up with this knows nothing about the game. The guy that repeated it knows less if he believes it's true; especially when talking about positions outside the point. Sorry, DarthSka. I'm talking about you.

You should probably look into suspending yourself.....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by thadocta  
welll isnt this awkwardd...
Not at all.

entire career > 2 games

Right? I mean, forget the fact of who we're talking about or what the discussion is. Just as a general rule, an entire career > 2 games, right?

"Oh my gosh, you can't even give him credit for 2 games?"

Yes I can. But the question was about this being awkward, like these last 2 games renders the overrated argument null and void. Nope, because that argument is about his whole career.

Nice couple games, though, no doubt. Back2back 14 assist games is SUPER appreciated by me, most definitely.
smokin.gif
Too lazy to read back 5+ pages....I don't get this. How many assists do people want their 2 guard to average? He's a career 5 per game player. That's not good enough? He's top 5 all time, argubly top 3. If you weren't around for Jordan, he's the best you've seen.

Too lazy to read back 5+ pages....I don't get this. How many assists do people want their 2 guard to average? He's a career 5 per game player. That's not good enough? He's top 5 all time, argubly top 3. If you weren't around for Jordan, he's the best you've seen.
See, I know you're mad young. And you don't know any better. But Kobe isn't even a top 3 Laker.He's arguably a top 5 laker. So how can some one who isn't even undeniably top 5 of his own organization be top 5 of the whole league. OF ALL TIME? :lol:

To the whole passing thing. "He averages 5 a game isnt that good enough?" This is the problem with new school fans. "Basketball positions were created so a novice can follow the game." Shooting guards sole purpose isn't to shoot. Just as a point guard's purpose isn't to point. The way he played during that 14 assist run was amazing and proves he has the ability to facilitate for most of his career. No real reason a guard with that kind of passing ability should average 4.7 assist career wise. Other than being you know... Selfish.

4.7 a game isnt a big accomplishment when he's played in the triangle almost ALL of his career. Let me correct myself playing in the triangle offense with an All star 5 most of his career and an all star 4 AND 5 the second half of his career makes it fairly easy to gather some dump to the 7 footer assists. He should have raked up more assists and less shots since the ball was in his hands most of the time.

And what do you mean the best you've seen since MJ is Kobe? What are you basing this off of?

See, I know you're mad young. And you don't know any better. But Kobe isn't even a top 3 Laker.He's arguably a top 5 laker. So how can some one who isn't even undeniably top 5 of his own organization be top 5 of the whole league. OF ALL TIME? :lol:

To the whole passing thing. "He averages 5 a game isnt that good enough?" This is the problem with new school fans. "Basketball positions were created so a novice can follow the game." Shooting guards sole purpose isn't to shoot. Just as a point guard's purpose isn't to point. The way he played during that 14 assist run was amazing and proves he has the ability to facilitate for most of his career. No real reason a guard with that kind of passing ability should average 4.7 assist career wise. Other than being you know... Selfish.

4.7 a game isnt a big accomplishment when he's played in the triangle almost ALL of his career. Let me correct myself playing in the triangle offense with an All star 5 most of his career and an all star 4 AND 5 the second half of his career makes it fairly easy to gather some dump to the 7 footer assists. He should have raked up more assists and less shots since the ball was in his hands most of the time.

And what do you mean the best you've seen since MJ is Kobe? What are you basing this off of?

so magic, Kareem and WHO? So much stupidity in this post. Anything to discredit Kobe. He's selfish based on what? Because YOU think so? I mean the guy has shown on many occasions he can do what is needed to win. He got to where he is by scoring and you refuse to respect that. Shame considering I'm sure you're a huge Jordan fan. The guy who shot considerably more

^jerry west and shaq. jordan's shots are super efficient though, your boi kobe is now the player that has the most miss shot of all time, and his still behind jordan in total points scored. Also, jordan didnt have the privileged to play with a dominate center his whole career, your boi kobe used gasol, dwight, and bynum as if they are just there to rebound for him

laugh.gif

No one under the age of 60 should ever call jerry west a top 5 Laker.  Half of you wouldn't even be able to point him out in a lineup.

^jerry west and shaq. jordan's shots are super efficient though, your boi kobe is now the player that has the most miss shot of all time, and his still behind jordan in total points scored. Also, jordan didnt have the privileged to play with a dominate center his whole career, your boi kobe used gasol, dwight, and bynum as if they are just there to rebound for him

Jordan was selfish period. No one is talking about who's more efficient. Doesnt make him less selfish. And neither Jerry West nor Shaq were better Lakers. Stop making excuses, Jordan played with a top 5 sf but let's ignore that. Smh.

See, I know you're mad young. And you don't know any better. But Kobe isn't even a top 3 Laker.He's arguably a top 5 laker.

Wrong. Kobe is arguably the best Laker of all time. I'm not even a fan of Kobe. I've said it on many of occasion, I do think Kobe is a high volume guy who's had the fortune of playing with prime time big men along with the greatest coach of all time.

However, facts are facts.

17 seasons and counting with the franchise
15 asg appearances
5 rings
2 scoring titles
over 30k points
1 mvp
Countless all NBA selections

No other Laker can bounce with that. MAYBE Kareem, and even his resume when thoroughly analyzed with Kobe's doesn't hold up. He's definitely the greatest LAKER of all time.

He's only overrated when people say he's the best of all time. That, definitely is wrong. He is in the top 10 though.

Who's ignoring it?

most dominant player in the league (possibly ever) > top 5 at the time

:rofl: , haters will do WHATEVER they can to discredit this man. Anyone that even entertains this thought has ZERO credibility.

All I can say is that haters spend so much time hating that they will never understand that they missed one of the greatest players ever.

jordan's shots are super efficient though, your boi kobe is now the player that has the most miss shot of all time, and his still behind jordan in total points scored. Also, jordan didnt have the privileged to play with a dominate center his whole career, your boi kobe used gasol, dwight, and bynum as if they are just there to rebound for him

You do know Jordan is 5th with 12,345.

Kobe has played 136 more games than Jordan.

Jordan missed an average of 11.5 shots per game

136 x 11.5 = 1564.

1564 + 12,345 = 13,909

Kobe in regular season has missed 12,951 in the regular season.

By the way.... Scottie Pippen was selected as one of the top 50 greatest players of All Time in 1997. Let's not act like he also didn't have one of the greatest rebounders of all time as well in the last 3 peat... No one is without help.

Last edited:

136 x 11.5 = 1564.

1564 + 12,345 = 13,909

By the way.... Scottie Pippen was selected as one of the top 50 greatest players of All Time in 1997.

Logical stuff like this doesn't matter to these fools on NT. :lol:

Can't believe this thread is still going. :smh:it really is sad. That people hate this much. I mean if you dislike this dude cool.
But to just try to act like what he has accomplished in his career is "overrated" is just sad.
Kobe can be an ******* I understand but he don't deserve this. That dude has worked his *** off

136 x 11.5 = 1564.

1564 + 12,345 = 13,909

By the way.... Scottie Pippen was selected as one of the top 50 greatest players of All Time in 1997.

Logical stuff like this doesn't matter to these fools on NT. :lol:

Can't believe this thread is still going. :smh:it really is sad. That people hate this much. I mean if you dislike this dude cool.
But to just try to act like what he has accomplished in his career is "overrated" is just sad.
Kobe can be an ******* I understand but he don't deserve this. That dude has worked his *** off

Kobe hate tonight?
Ray Lewis hate tonight? Both in their 17th seasons?

Hmmm,....

See, I know you're mad young. And you don't know any better. But Kobe isn't even a top 3 Laker.He's arguably a top 5 laker.

Wrong. Kobe is arguably the best Laker of all time. I'm not even a fan of Kobe. I've said it on many of occasion, I do think Kobe is a high volume guy who's had the fortune of playing with prime time big men along with the greatest coach of all time.

However, facts are facts.

17 seasons and counting with the franchise
15 asg appearances
5 rings
2 scoring titles
over 30k points
1 mvp
Countless all NBA selections

No other Laker can bounce with that. MAYBE Kareem, and even his resume when thoroughly analyzed with Kobe's doesn't hold up. He's definitely the greatest LAKER of all time.

He's only overrated when people say he's the best of all time. That, definitely is wrong. He is in the top 10 though.

But who was Finals MVP?

Magic had 3
Shaq has 3
kobe only 2 but somehow he's the best right? :rolleyes

check out Magic Johnson's facts

5× NBA champion (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987–1988)
3× NBA Finals MVP (1980, 1982, 1987)
3× NBA Most Valuable Player (1987, 1989–1990)
12× NBA All-Star (1980, 1982–1992)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1990, 1992)
9× All-NBA First Team (1983–1991)
All-NBA Second Team (1982)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1980)
4× NBA assists leader (1983–1984), (1986–1987)
2× NBA steals leader (1982–1983)
NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
NCAA champion (1979)
Los Angeles Lakers #32 retired

We gonna need to see your top ten list.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom