Is Niketalk one of the reasons why Sneakers Cost so much?

Ok lets take a second to think for a serious second.

Is all the sneaker Forums the reasons why sneakers cost so much. NikeTalk ISS and more for 24/7 talk about how much we want something retro'd and how muchwe paid for a pair of sneakers to get at. I hear people at my school talk about how they saw so and so sneaker on ISS or Niketalk and say how it looked good tothem and everyone hyped it up.

Company's could be listening right now and pay attention to out buy/sell section and see what prices shoes get sold at. They Mimic prices within areasonable degree and charge us the same for what has been constantly becoming a lesser product.

about if we didn't hype up all the jays # about how they should retro it then they wouldn't have released it at such high prices. Because paying 150for VI's and 140 for 8's which is OVER TEN YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY while you can get hyperdunks for 110$ doesn't make much sense.

I think NT got me to buy 40% of my sneakers.
Lots of sneakers that "grew on me" started here.

Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the daysof Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they cantoo

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the days of Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they can too
couldn't say it any better

yeah NT may have a influence as far as reselling is concerned, but as far as a MSRP not at all. If the input from here was considered, the releases would bemuch more appealing on a wider scale and some lines might even be scrapped....hint,hint!

No.

Supply and demand.

They supply and the demand is high because people still are buying and camping out.

Last Jordan's I bought at a store was the 7/16 pack....but it does not matter, they are still making money off hypebeasts
smh.gif

^dont co-sign a weak, misplaced thread such as this.
This should be in general because its not JB related.
But if you ask for my opinion, NT staff is def getting fat off of this.
Hey, a business is a business right?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the days of Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they can too

true

man niketalk or no niketalk people would still buy j's and prices would still be rediculous

Im not blaming Niketalk Im saying does everyone asking for retros and buying them at resell price influence Jb to release sneakers at the price they do?

A lot out there would never know when or where a shoe was coming out if it wasn't for these internet message boards. People are lazy and won't callshops like a lot of you do...these sites offer convenience. Just look at people asking the same questions in these shoe posts over and over--they won'teven read back a page or two--of course they won't call a shop.

Also, a lot of people on these boards are impressionable and will buy kicks just because there's a 200 page sticky post on them, not because they actuallywant them. Look at the Eggplant Foamposite post: there are people in it asking other people to convince them to buy the shoe. These message boards get peopleexcited. They create hypebeasts. They create demand. They make people increase their max bid a few more times than they would have, driving up the resellerprices on ebay.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Nike looks to us when pricing all of their sneakers. Using the affordable Hyperdunk as an example is an error becausewe're really a niche consumer group who the rare, retro stuff is marketed to, while the Hyperdunk is Nike's #1 basketball shoe that is targeted to themasses who never visit these sites but might watch TV and go to the mall or local athletic shoe store. You don't see commercials on TNT for the CDP'sor Foamposite retros...I mean we're a big enough consumer group that, sure, maybe Nike looks at what we're doing to say, ok, there are people who willpay $310 + tax and take a shoe they might not want just so they can get the other shoe--after all, they pay 310 for the older version by itself, etc...

Man, when was the last time we paid for a Jordan shoe that was actually worth the price we paid for it??? Now the shoes are made way cheaper and we pay morenow then we did when the quality was good and the price was cheaper. Some of the shoe forums that are out there could be free marketing and advertising for anyshoe company not just Jordan Brand. Just like Beats05 said, you look at these forums long enough and once release date comes around your convinced that youwant the shoe.

Originally Posted by AgentPD21

true

That's BS. Niketalk and ISS have LOTS of indirect say on sneaker prices because we hype these shoes each and every day before the shoes actually drops. Yousay that most if not all sneakers have a retail price set before the days of Niketalk so why does a pair of retro Jordans like theVIII's for instance retail for $10 more than what they originally cost in 1993 with inferior quality and outdated technology?

It's because as much as us sneaker connoiseurs love to talk about the latest retros on the marke, the companies take notice as well and charge us more thanwhat they initially had cost because they know we want them and will hype it anyway, so that measely $10 surcharge they give us goes unnoticed by most. Deny itif you want but internet forums like Niketalk do affect pricing especially if Nike or JB knows it will be talked about.

Originally Posted by Beats05

A lot out there would never know when or where a shoe was coming out if it wasn't for these internet message boards. People are lazy and won't call shops like a lot of you do...these sites offer convenience. Just look at people asking the same questions in these shoe posts over and over--they won't even read back a page or two--of course they won't call a shop.

Also, a lot of people on these boards are impressionable and will buy kicks just because there's a 200 page sticky post on them, not because they actually want them. Look at the Eggplant Foamposite post: there are people in it asking other people to convince them to buy the shoe. These message boards get people excited. They create hypebeasts. They create demand. They make people increase their max bid a few more times than they would have, driving up the reseller prices on ebay.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that Nike looks to us when pricing all of their sneakers. Using the affordable Hyperdunk as an example is an error because we're really a niche consumer group who the rare, retro stuff is marketed to, while the Hyperdunk is Nike's #1 basketball shoe that is targeted to the masses who never visit these sites but might watch TV and go to the mall or local athletic shoe store. You don't see commercials on TNT for the CDP's or Foamposite retros...I mean we're a big enough consumer group that, sure, maybe Nike looks at what we're doing to say, ok, there are people who will pay $310 + tax and take a shoe they might not want just so they can get the other shoe--after all, they pay 310 for the older version by itself, etc...
very true.

I am definitely guilty of:
Originally Posted by Beats05

They make people increase their max bid a few more times than they would have

I think it is part of the reason, people including myself spend too much time thinking about how much they want a shoe, and then they will pay whatever theprice may be for it, just because they have told themself they want it so much, and they have listened to others talk about common interests in the same shoe,which makes them want it even more.

supply and demand plus the fact that people just buy them up and then sell them back to people that really want them with a hundred dollar mark up!

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Im not blaming Niketalk Im saying does everyone asking for retros and buying them at resell price influence Jb to release sneakers at the price they do?

lol no, most prices are set waaaay before release. its not like they are reading niketalk n sayin., "oh, we can charge 150 for this shoe rather than90" lol its simple supply and demand.....its the same reason shaq's cost 35 at kmart.....high quantity and low demand= CHEAP, high demand and lowquantity= EXPENSIVE.......lol plus if they were listening to niketalk they woulda never released the fusions and wouldnt be taking the major hit that they arenow lmao

agreed nt hype can boost resale price. i wonder if nt reactions/comments affects the marketing of various shoes/releases. --ex. we !@#$ on a shoe and it getsX'ed (not true as fusion releases continue)

Back
Top Bottom