Is Niketalk one of the reasons why Sneakers Cost so much?

JB knows the demand is high for anything retro even the fusions so they price high. Even if the stuff dosen't sell they still make money cause the retailstores have already bought the units.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Ok lets take a second to think for a serious second.

Is all the sneaker Forums the reasons why sneakers cost so much. NikeTalk ISS and more for 24/7 talk about how much we want something retro'd and how much we paid for a pair of sneakers to get at. I hear people at my school talk about how they saw so and so sneaker on ISS or Niketalk and say how it looked good to them and everyone hyped it up.

Company's could be listening right now and pay attention to out buy/sell section and see what prices shoes get sold at. They Mimic prices within a reasonable degree and charge us the same for what has been constantly becoming a lesser product.

about if we didn't hype up all the jays # about how they should retro it then they wouldn't have released it at such high prices. Because paying 150 for VI's and 140 for 8's which is OVER TEN YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGY while you can get hyperdunks for 110$ doesn't make much sense.

1st of all, if companies listen to what prices we discuss in here, then they will get wrong opinion on setting their official price. and only few people canafford the hypest kicks. secondly, when we jordan heads buy $150+ jordans doesn't really mean we are buying a sneaker but much more than a sneaker. so *@@@off hyperdunks. but hell yah, it's good for balling. finally, why Sneakers Cost so much? ask the resellers

About the quality, JB knows the majority wont hoop in their retroes. So when exactly will the shoe fall apart when we wear them casually? We dont have animpact on Retail Price, but we do have a huge impact on resell value.

Originally Posted by PackersGotMe

Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the days of Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they can too

what he said..

Forums like NT greatly influence price for re-sellers, but if someone really wants that shoe then they don't care about the price. NT also influencescompanies like Nike to release sneakers in limited quantities, which makes it hard for a lot of people to get the shoe, therefore the re-sellers feed off ofthat and charge ridiculous prices. In short there is a direct correlation between the two.

AirUpHere23 wrote:
AgentPD21 wrote:
UPandCOMING32 wrote:
PackersGotMe wrote:
Niketalk has no say or so on most sneakers price because most if not all sneakers have a retail price that has been set before the days of Niketalk. Now setting prices for resellers I admit can be blamed on NT hype but also because FlightClub inforces a high price tag most believe they can too

couldn't say it any better

true

That's BS. Niketalk and ISS have LOTS of indirect say on sneaker prices because we hype these shoes each and every day before the shoes actually drops. You say that most if not all sneakers have a retail price set before the days of Niketalk so why does a pair of retro Jordans like the VIII's for instance retail for $10 more than what they originally cost in 1993 with inferior quality and outdated technology?

It's because as much as us sneaker connoiseurs love to talk about the latest retros on the marke, the companies take notice as well and charge us more than what they initially had cost because they know we want them and will hype it anyway, so that measely $10 surcharge they give us goes unnoticed by most. Deny it if you want but internet forums like Niketalk do affect pricing especially if Nike or JB knows it will be talked about.

Here's the biggest clue about NT. ITS ALL JUST TALK. When a shoe gets premiered in these forums, If the people at Nike satand fed into the hype, of all the boasting about people copping 2 pairs and more then we would have seen alot more retro's in the last years from jordanbrand. You are comparing a $10 up in price from 1993! Like all companies that have had experience if you create something mesmorable and bring it backin 10 years you can expect a slight difference in style and aswell in price because Jordan has bills too. Which brings me back to the point that it is adifferent subject when talking about an increase in original price and raping kids for retro aqua 8's for $300 +.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

couldn't say it any better
Agree

hype get built up in iss, spill in nt, then from then on its all about supply and demand

on the flip side of the coin if we feel niketalk is the reason for markup prices then why dont they actually release the shoes the average nike talk memberwants? most Nter dosent like 6 rings but they flood the market with them. I dont think we have that much effect on what they charge because we cant even getthem to make a dope drop. just look at the cdps

it's not NT's vault, although i'd admit we are definitely contributing to the hype factor. my theory for the current situation is the newercollectors mainly. i see way too many people copping doubles, triples, etc. of new releases and DS'ing them in hopes they'll be worth as much as a dsog 85 1 is nowadays. the truth is that will never happen with the releases we get nowadays. so it just comes down to economics again. jb keeps putting out somuch of a lame shoe and they keep selling out instantly because of this, and thus the price keeps going up until the shoes actually get a chance to sellnormally.

pointpd9.jpg

I think niketalk seriously affects sneaker price, but usually the hyped up ones. limited, sb's, jordans, etc
General Releases are not as hyped up by Niketalk, imo

totally agree.

I wouldn't say that it is the sole reason but it is partially responsible for the high prices. When I say high prices I don't mean MSRP, I mean theability to purchase a pair of shoes I like for cheap. Shoe prices normally dropped after a month or two on the shelf, and it would continue dropping untilthey're all gone. Nowadays most Jordans would sell out within two or three months, after that time if it isn't gone the price would be reduced slightlybefore they're all gone.

I think Niketalk has a lot of influence over the way people view retro/vintage products. When I was growing up (I was born in '83), people would only likenew styles of shoes, which was why after a couple of months shoes would be cheaper. Jordan retros didn't do too well here in Canada until probably theXIIIs. Sure, the XIs did fairly well prior to that, but many still sat on shelves for months. I remember deals such as IXs for $100, VI lows for $100, IIIs for$100, and so on. Can't see these type of deals anymore.

I also think NT influenced the amount of shoes one purchases. People see someone here post his/her pickup posts which consists of two or three pairs perpurchase and want to do that as well. I think the population has been steady, but when people buys like five pairs of shoes each month no wonder shoeswon't hit the clearance racks compared to the '90s. When I was in school, kids only had one pair of sneakers for the entire year, the exceptions wouldbe athletes whom would have one pair used specifically for indoors. Now, people buy more than one pair of shoes in a single transaction...

true..but people been overpricing nikes WAY before forums were around....

Back
Top Bottom