Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

peyton pisses his pants again on the big stage...peyton stans rush to make a thread highlighting the failures of brady. weird how that works :lol:

Overreactions by both fans. And they just feed off each other as the statements get more outlandish and brash. In the end neutral fans lose

The fans and the people who are so emotionally hurt by each of the QB's that they're blinded and react this way. Overrated is another one of those words that needs to be tossed in the overused pile. It's insane this type of ridiculous post goes 20 pages in two days.

We could have seen Brady look like that against the Seattle defense, but he couldn't pull out a win against Peyton Manning.

I mean, unless you completely support Alex Rodriguez, Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Chinese gymnasts, the East German swim team, Ben Johnson and Tonya Harding... you can't claim those Super Bowls.

Cheating is cheating.

Once again, the premise of this thread is a joke.  Even the most staunch Peyton Manning hater would agree that he is NOT the "Most overrated QB of all time."

I posted all year and in every WIR thread, hell I've prob posted more all this season than all the fair weather giants fans combined.

Still not sure what my posting habits have to do with Peyton's playoff success.

And I never denied I didn't like the Bum.

tremendous regular season QB, post he leaves ALOT to be desired.

Son went from the Texans #1 cheerleader in every thread to complete chill mode this year. You was quite as hell compared to last year, don't play dumb.

And agree with your last point on Peyton but I can say that about a lot of HOF QB's.

Nah, yall Brady stans can't have it both ways. People love to act like Brady was lighting it up during those 3 SB's with no name WR's then cry now cuz he has no name WR's. His record ain't spotless either. It's been a decade since the Pats won a ring. We've seen Brady's teams WITH GREAT WEAPONS get punked by the Giants twice. Embarrassed by the Ravens twice. Looked bad this year against the Broncos. So yeah Peyton has had his failures but don't sit and act like other HOF QB's don't screw up either. Montana is probably the only one that was money every time.

So getting to the Super Bowl doesn't count for anything? :lol:
He was literally 2 plays away from from being 5/5.

I already said he's in my top 5 ever but if he had played better he probably would be 5/5 but he didn't.

Last edited:
He's no longer clutch and needs to stop getting a pass. As soon as he does something, let me know. This isn't 2004 anymore.

and in that game that he only scored 14 he was barely getting any movement at all... then the 4th quarter came he found flaws in the defense, held on to the ball, and threw a TD to leave his team with the lead and a chance to win the championship... when Peyton was last put in that position of facing a defense that is pressuring u he had three turnovers and his team almost lost by 40. From the second he lost that snap it was all downhill.

ya'll named all these "bad" games of his yet outside of the Ravens game everyone ended with Brady putting his offense up and watching the defense squander it.

But once agin their is a difference between not playing great in the playoffs and being a straight up bum in the playoffs

Here are Peyton's stats in his 12 playoff losses

cmp % - 60
YPG - 263.5
TD/Int - 13/14

Lets take a better look at these numbers tho

In these 12 losses
-he's failed to score more than 1 TD 10/12
-He's thrown multiple interceptions 5/12
-In this List of Losses comes teams who are QB'd by Steve Mcnair, Jay fielder, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, & Phillip Rivers Twice (One of the games Rivers Beat him with a TORN ACL)
- 6/12 losses have been at home, 7/12 they have hat a better record than the team they faced.
- his biggest losses in the playoffs have come in the form of 41, 14,17, & 35

His playoff losses are heavily based on HIM ******g up rather than the overall team not playing well.

Tom Brady lost two Super Bowls to this guy:

eli-manning-shirtless-pool-04022012-04.jpg

Your argument is invalid.

That guy still has more rings and playoff success than his older brother and 90% of QB's

Last edited:
Nowhere near since they haven't played up to that level during the regular season unlike Peyton and Tom who have the regular season success to match their post season success. Those other guys have definitely gotten it done in the playoffs,in Ben and Eli's case on the road most of the time too but their numbers don't even come close to being mentioned among the greats.

I feel like future Peyton 'GOAT?' discussions should be further whittled down to 'Greatest Super Bowl QB of all time?'

I feel like future Peyton 'GOAT?' discussions should be further whittled down to 'Greatest Super Bowl QB of all time?'

No because that would be pretending he hasn't been horrible in playoffs also. It's hard to say someone is the best of all time when they have lost more playoff games then they have won. ESPECIALLY when he's lost to inferior teams a majority of the time.

No because that would be pretending he hasn't been horrible in playoffs also. It's hard to say someone is the best of all time when they have lost more playoff games then they have won. ESPECIALLY when he's lost to inferior teams a majority of the time.

Maybe I've missed it but who has said he is the best of all time? I'm fairly sure that his playoff play is the reason most of us don't have him as #1. The whole notion of him being overrated is based off people having him as the GOAT, and I just haven't really seen people say that in here unless I'm missing something

Last edited:
Nah, I'm w/ you, man.

Maybe I've missed it but who has said he is the best of all time? I'm fairly sure that his playoff play is the reason most of us don't have him as #1. The whole notion of him being overrated is based off people having him as the GOAT, and I just haven't really seen people say that in here unless I'm missing something

Think I remember seeing a poll on espn the week before the Superbowl that asked "If Peyton wins the SB,is he considered the greatest" and I think around 40% said greatest,19% said top 2 and 25% said top 3

Last edited:
Well I'm going off what I see here since the general public is (frankly) stupid with most topics. And on here I don't know if he is/was the top of many lists

I saw on ESPN this morning that Peyton has like 20 percent dip in winning percentage in the playoffs.

Last edited:
The thing that frustrates me in the conversation is how people offer rebuttals like "Oh, so just 1 game and he's knocked from glory? If he would have won, he'd be 2-1 in the SB, and he'd be argued CONFIDENTLY as the GOAT. But 1 game, and now he's buns?"

Nah, man, not 'buns'.

And...

Nah, man, not 'just one game'. It was the way he played. He looked soooo pedestrian. So Seattle's D was relentless, I get that. Who do you want him to play in the Super Bowl? The Crimson Tide? No matter who you play in the SB, it's going to be another top defense. No one's getting to the SB with a defense ranking at the bottom of the league for that year.

He flat out wasn't prepared.

And that's on him.

Well I'm going off what I see here since the general public is (frankly) stupid with most topics. And on here I don't know if he is/was the top of many lists

Yea I agree with that sentiment :lol:, you check the polls now and 36% say he's not even in the top 3 with 31% saying top 3. I personally have him in my top 5,you can't look over all he's accomplished and I think if he plays 2-3 more seasons and breaks all of Favres records I'd probably have him in my top 3.

Yea it's been discussed heavily prior to the SB if a win cements his place as #1. Many in here have agreed as far as top 3 also and that is still crazy to me because you have to account wins, and ability to lead your team under intense pressure.

The thing that frustrates me in the conversation is how people offer rebuttals like "Oh, so just 1 game and he's knocked from glory? If he would have won, he'd be 2-1 in the SB, and he'd be argued CONFIDENTLY as the GOAT. But 1 game, and now he's buns?"

Nah, man, not 'buns'.

And...

Nah, man, not 'just one game'. It was the way he played. He looked soooo pedestrian. So Seattle's D was relentless, I get that. Who do you want him to play in the Super Bowl? The Crimson Tide? No matter who you play in the SB, it's going to be another top defense. No one's getting to the SB with a defense ranking at the bottom of the league for that year.

He flat out wasn't prepared.

And that's on him.

I know u stated you hate him but ummmm Tom brady took that 31'st ranked defense to the SB against the Giants in 11 :lol:

I have no problem with someone having him in their three, same as no issue with Marino there. I also understand if he was left out of it

I know u stated you hate him but ummmm Tom brady took that 31'st ranked defense to the SB against the Giants in 11 :lol:

He did,sure didn't help him when he got to the game though :smh:. Also didn't A-Rod have one of the worst ranked D's the year they won too? I think they had a huge amount of takeaways though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom