Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

Nah, yall Brady stans can't have it both ways. People love to act like Brady was lighting it up during those 3 SB's with no name WR's then cry now cuz he has no name WR's. His record ain't spotless either. It's been a decade since the Pats won a ring. We've seen Brady's teams WITH GREAT WEAPONS get punked by the Giants twice. Embraced by the Ravens twice. Looked bad this year against the Broncos. So yeah Peyton has had his failures but don't sit and act like other HOF QB's don't screw up either. Montana is probably the only one that was money every time.

Nobody is saying that these QB's don't have bad games or lose but the fact is that Brady dominated that playoof run in 07 and left his team with a lead wit around 2 minutes left. He didn't play exceptional but he didn't just start bombing the game, he took what he could made a few big plays and put his team in a position to win.

When they played the giants again he played decent at best but made the plays once again to put his team in a position to win the game. Tom Brady could be getting nothing all game but if he is anywhere in striking distance come 4th quarter you know he's going to take his game to the next level 90% of the time.

How many games has he had where his team has gotten completely beat down in the playoffs?... Where he had 0 touchdowns and more than one pick.... Came out in the first round after rest and lost to a wildcard team etc etc.. their isn't many... Peyton has a resume full of those

Speaking of cold, hard FACTS.

When will Tom Brady stop getting a pass?

What if we told you there was a quarterback in the last seven years that won two league MVP awards, won 78.4% of his regular season games, and had a 101.8 passer rating with a 203:63 TD-to-INT ratio? He led three of the 10 highest scoring teams in NFL history in that span.

Then what if we told you that same quarterback in the postseason had a 7-6 record (.538), 0-2 in the Super Bowl, lost two home playoff games by 26 points and had an 87.1 passer rating with a 27:17 TD-to-INT ratio? Finally, in those three historically high-scoring seasons, he lost in the playoffs by scoring only 14, 21 and 17 points (the 14 and 17 represent season-lows).

That is not a fictional quarterback at all. That is Tom Brady from 2005 to 2011.

Since he was a "clutch winner" early in his career, we're going to ignore the fact that he's been nothing more than decent for a decade? How are people still going to take a guy that hasn't been clutch for 10 years?

"But he didn't have weapons." Three of the top 10 scoring teams in NFL history. 18-0.

Brady didn't lead anything to the AFCCG this year. Bill Belichick and his running game did. Tom Brady was just along for the ride.

Last edited:
I'm surprised he got that much

No doubt Ty. Honestly I think Peyton's biggest problem in these marquee games is he completely over thinks the team and situation. If he just looked relaxed and played he would be fine. His greatest strength turns into his biggest flaw because it is amplified (IMO) to a level that is too high

Yes! Yes, yes, yes.

An it's expounded because of all the roles and responsibilities he takes on. He is, essentially, the head coach of the offense. Dungy and Fox completely relegated the offense to Manning. Peyton has carried the role of coach and quarterback for most of his career and that's not stretching it. It was evident that Denver wasn't ready. They were outcoached. Fox and Gase left it to Manning and it was just way too many roles to take on for him in a game against a team defense to the likes of Seattle.

Brady has learned a lot over the years, but he's not on Manning's level with that (this from many counts by current/former NFL players). He's had Bill Belichick. One of the greatest coaches and football minds of all time. Not a coach that needs high-end players. A coach that needs his guys. McDaniels and such cooperate with his vision. Brady, Bill, McDaniels attack the gameplanning with Brady's input growing plenty over the years, but always with the strong backbone, and probably more importantly to Brady, the organization, of Bill. Their best teams were all-around teams and not top heavy with talent. Brady fits right in to that. Underlying factor though...They had the look of a well-prepared, disciplined team that knew how to execute. The mark of a well-coached team.

Manning will always appear to have had more talent than Brady because Bill knows how it works. Team guys and system guys. Don't nitpick and give me exceptions because those are frickin' everywhere. But I also want people to realize where this Denver receiving CORP was before Manning got there. D. Thomas was EXTREMELY raw. Hadn't came too close to putting it all together until Manning came in. Decker was the most consistent and reliable guy on that team, but his numbers suffered. Manning comes here and he goes off and is on the cusp of getting paid millions because of a huge leap on the stat sheet. Mostly Manning's doing. Eddie Royal was the other guy there, but he didn't stick around.

Weigh it how you want, but it needs to be taken into account to. I could seriously go on and flippin' on, but these quarterback discussions are wearing on me. And notice. I did NOT say either was the better of the two. I'm saving that for the birds now. There's too many dynamics at play for ANYONE to know the 100% true answer to that question. Impossible. Subjective weights to specific circumstances also loom larger for each person doing the arguing and it's nothing but a hamster wheel of a debate.

Last edited:
yeah let's use rule out half of a guy's wins and use the rest of his record to judge him :rofl:

hey let's rule out peyton's regular season and judge him. how's he look? :nerd:

Last edited:
Brady is in my top 5. I have a lot of respect for what he's done but if we gonna point out playoff failures let's do it for everybody. He had a all time offense in 07 and only put up 14 points? And looked scared most of that game. That game against the Ravens in 09 was over after the 1st quarter. No you can't win every year but 10 years? That's a big gap.

Pipe down MMG. Only person I used the word hate for is you cuz you've made it pretty damn obvious. Nobody can you take serious when it comes to Peyton or the Texans. I see you were real quite on the Texans this year though. :lol:

yeah let's use rule out half of a guy's wins and use the rest of his record to judge him :rofl:

He's no longer clutch and needs to stop getting a pass. As soon as he does something, let me know. This isn't 2004 anymore.

so who is the most clutch QB right now in the league?

still taking brady over anyone right now in "clutch" situations

Last edited:
I honestly don't know. I don't think I can automatically say 12 like I used to, but then who instead?

I'd take Eli Manning, the dude that owned Tom Brady as recently as TWO YEARS AGO, over a guy who hasn't won **** in a decade.

Stop dwelling on the past. 2004 Tom Brady isn't walking through those doors.

Last edited:
peyton pisses his pants again on the big stage...peyton stans rush to make a thread highlighting the failures of brady. weird how that works :lol:

It's hilarious you guys can go back and forth for 20 pages on whether Peyton Manning or Tom Brady are overrated. They're both top 5, so someone having them as the GOAT is overrated.

Nah, yall Brady stans can't have it both ways. People love to act like Brady was lighting it up during those 3 SB's with no name WR's then cry now cuz he has no name WR's. His record ain't spotless either. It's been a decade since the Pats won a ring. We've seen Brady's teams WITH GREAT WEAPONS get punked by the Giants twice. Embarrassed by the Ravens twice. Looked bad this year against the Broncos. So yeah Peyton has had his failures but don't sit and act like other HOF QB's don't screw up either. Montana is probably the only one that was money every time.
So getting to the Super Bowl doesn't count for anything? 
laugh.gif

He was literally 2 plays away from from being 5/5.

peyton pisses his pants again on the big stage...peyton stans rush to make a thread highlighting the failures of brady. weird how that works :lol:

Overreactions by both fans. And they just feed off each other as the statements get more outlandish and brash. In the end neutral fans lose

Overreactions by both fans. And they just feed off each other as the statements get more outlandish and brash. In the end neutral fans lose

lock this up. this whole convo should be in the QB thread anyway. well the spirit of it...not the actual ridiculousness that's going on

I hate Tom Brady.

HHHHAAAATTTTEEE!!!!

Want to preface with that.

Patriots, too. I HATE DEADSETACE'S FOOTBALL TEAM!

HHHAAAATRED!!!

But if it's the Super Bowl, and I get to handpick between Brady or Peyton... it's not even a close call in my mind picking Tom.

I have never... EVER... seen Tom look the way Manning looked Sunday night.

He looked like an NTer out there. If CP1708 PMed me right now and told me he won a contest to replace Manning in the SB and that was really him in that orange 18 jersey, I'd absolutely believe him.

The balls he threw... were TERRIBLE. What was it, 3 picks? And he should have had like 2 more.

I have NEVER seen Brady look like that for an ENTIRE GAME... and again, I can't STAND that fool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom