is selling fake stuff on ebay legal?

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

I personally knew someone who sold fakes for about 2 months. Not worth it, he got the boot from eBay and about 10 chargebacks on paypal. People who are willing to pay that much for stuff like Gucci Belts are not stupid they know real from fake.

sike..
i know a bunch of stupid !%!+% that put up bank for fake @*%% knowing it's fake
the things people do to impress others
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Its legal,BUT the actual company can make ebay shut your auction down if they catch it. But it makes no sense because I sold some authentic evisu jeans before and evisu contacted ebay and had them shut the auction down saying its was a trademark violation or some @%*+.Then i relisted them a week later and it was all good.

But yeah,why would u make this thread anyway??? You interested in buying and selling fake merchandise
laugh.gif
smh.gif

So doesn't that make it Illegal?

This thread made my day at work LOL dude trying to bring canal street to the Internet ... Then gets caught watching gay movies womp womp

op, i think you better ask for this thread to be locked. you're just gonna keep gettin ripped.

Originally Posted by undefinedinc

Its legal,BUT the actual company can make ebay shut your auction down if they catch it. But it makes no sense because I sold some authentic evisu jeans before and evisu contacted ebay and had them shut the auction down saying its was a trademark violation or some @%*+.Then i relisted them a week later and it was all good.

But yeah,why would u make this thread anyway??? You interested in buying and selling fake merchandise
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Obviously not because EBAY doesnt shut it down on their own.... If the company doesnt act on it then EBAY will just keep the auction up because they get paidregardless and they dont care. Legal but Unethical

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Obviously not because EBAY doesnt shut it down on their own.... If the company doesnt act on it then EBAY will just keep the auction up because they get paid regardless and they dont care. Legal but Unethical
I remember now, I had a few authentic New era caps up but New Era reported to eBay that they were "fake", and I got suspended for that
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

WTH bobby. Selling fake crap is illegal regardless of what ebay does or doesnt do about it. Now, there is the whole VERO thing with eBay and authentic goods.Many sellers of authentic goods get their auctions shut down for one reason or another by VERO.

to answer ur question, yes u can get in trouble. as someone already mentioned, u r leaving too much of a paper trail. also, coming on here bragging about howmuch money u're making isn't the greatest idea either. u might want to save that money though, cuz u might need it for an attorney.

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Obviously not because EBAY doesnt shut it down on their own.... If the company doesnt act on it then EBAY will just keep the auction up because they get paid regardless and they dont care. Legal but Unethical
I remember now, I had a few authentic New era caps up but New Era reported to eBay that they were "fake", and I got suspended for that
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Exactly....Same BS that happened to me.And if the company assumes its fake,who is ebay to tell them no its not??? They pretty much have no choice except toremove it
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nawth21

WTH bobby. Selling fake crap is illegal regardless of what ebay does or doesnt do about it. Now, there is the whole VERO thing with eBay and authentic goods. Many sellers of authentic goods get their auctions shut down for one reason or another by VERO.
The VERO +%*# been on EBAY for years.That program is BS though and doesnt work at all. As I said, I have NEVER sold a fake item
eyes.gif
in my life and I have had many items removed because of a copyright violation.+%*# is stupid

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ok, EBAY doesn't shut it down on their own because they are not experts of the merchandise. eBay cannot detect if a Gucci belt is fake, Guccican. Now you tell me, if gucci shuts down your auction doesn't that mean something is wrong? Think about it, how many storys have you heard of peoplegetting jail time for selling fake merchendise, obviously it is illegal to sell fake things right? If it wasen't illegal people would not face jail time.So your telling me if you sell fakes on eBay its ok? Thats like saying selling weed on the streets is illegal but once you sell it on eBay it is perfectlyfine. Come on man, smarten up.

Originally Posted by roback1991

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

What's your e-bay name?
isellfakegucci...whats your ebay name?

Actually your e-bay name is the same as this.
http://myworld.ebay.com/mnmballa2323http://myworld.ebay.com/mnmballa2323

I sent an e-mail containing a link to this thread to E-Bay Counterfeit authority.

Oh and here's a video you posted on youtube of your guido friends making out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9dmJGgLOc8

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ok, EBAY doesn't shut it down on their own because they are not experts of the merchandise. eBay cannot detect if a Gucci belt is fake, Gucci can. Now you tell me, if gucci shuts down your auction doesn't that mean something is wrong? Think about it, how many storys have you heard of people getting jail time for selling fake merchendise, obviously it is illegal to sell fake things right? If it wasen't illegal people would not face jail time. So your telling me if you sell fakes on eBay its ok? Thats like saying selling weed on the streets is illegal but once you sell it on eBay it is perfectly fine. Come on man, smarten up.

Sounds like youve been a victim of buying fake merchandise
laugh.gif
.... When did I EVER say selling fakes was OK???? Read everything before you put words in mymouth. I clearly stated that I have never sold anything fake... %+#! ive never owned anything fake except once when I got got for a pair of fake Black/Red XI.I disputed those,lost the dispute because paypal is the worst. I ended up giving them to a homeless man in the train station....Anyway, like I said its NOTILLEGAL to sell fakes on EBAY....Would I do it? NO WAY

Any type of fake is a 'no-no' on NT. Should have known that OP before getting all mad.

What's your e-bay name?

I sent an e-mail containing a link to this thread to E-Bay Counterfeit authority.

Oh and here's a video you posted on youtube of your guido friends making out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9dmJGgLOc8

nothing gets past NT detectives
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Ok, EBAY doesn't shut it down on their own because they are not experts of the merchandise. eBay cannot detect if a Gucci belt is fake, Gucci can. Now you tell me, if gucci shuts down your auction doesn't that mean something is wrong? Think about it, how many storys have you heard of people getting jail time for selling fake merchendise, obviously it is illegal to sell fake things right? If it wasen't illegal people would not face jail time. So your telling me if you sell fakes on eBay its ok? Thats like saying selling weed on the streets is illegal but once you sell it on eBay it is perfectly fine. Come on man, smarten up.

laugh.gif
.... When did I EVER say selling fakes was OK???? Read everything before you put words in my mouth. I clearly stated that I have never sold anything fake... %+#! ive never owned anything fake except once when I got got for a pair of fake Black/Red XI. I disputed those,lost the dispute because paypal is the worst. I ended up giving them to a homeless man in the train station....Anyway, like I said its NOT ILLEGAL to sell fakes on EBAY....Would I do it? NO WAY
Yea I copped a fake Iceberg shirt back like in 01, I paid 20.00 for a 150.00 shirt...Honestly what did I expect right? Anyway I don'tunderstand how you turned this into a topic about you and your stance on selling fakes as well as the fakes you purchased, its kind of irrelevant. Anywaytaking straight from eBay

"Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such ascopies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include(but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media".

Goodnight

laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
.... When did I EVER say selling fakes was OK???? Read everything before you put words in my mouth. I clearly stated that I have never sold anything fake... %+#! ive never owned anything fake except once when I got got for a pair of fake Black/Red XI. I disputed those,lost the dispute because paypal is the worst. I ended up giving them to a homeless man in the train station....Anyway, like I said its NOT ILLEGAL to sell fakes on EBAY....Would I do it? NO WAY
Yea I copped a fake Iceberg shirt back like in 01, I paid 20.00 for a 150.00 shirt...Honestly what did I expect right? Anyway I don't understand how you turned this into a topic about you and your stance on selling fakes as well as the fakes you purchased, its kind of irrelevant. Anyway taking straight from eBay

"Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media".

Goodnight

laugh.gif
Now you just sound plain stupid.... Once again,READ CLEARLY ANDREMEMBER WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE RESPONDING.You say what I said is kinda irrelevant but you DIRECTLY ASKED ME...

You asked and I answered your question the best I could

"Counterfeits, unauthorized replicas, unauthorized items (such as counterfeit watches, handbags, or other accessories) or unauthorized copies (such as copies of software programs, video games, music albums, movies, television programs, or photographs) are not permitted on eBay. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) copies that are pirated, duplicated, backed-up or bootlegged. It is illegal to sell unauthorized copies of media".

laugh.gif
Cmon homeboy...This policy is a JOKE. EBAY doesnt care what goes on aslong as they get their listing and final value fees.People sell Bootleg Cd's ,Dvd's, clothes,kicks etc.... Cds and DVDs will never get removed andBootley air force ones wont either

Another example is years ago with all of the obvious bootleg Jerseys being sold on ebay and those auctions not being removed.However, when I sold all of myMitchell and Ness jerseys years ago,at least 40% of my listings got removed.... I have no idea why since all of my jerseys were purchased by me from the NBAstore or Distantreplays... I guess your gonna tell me the NBA store sold fake Mitchell and Ness
laugh.gif
. Like I keep saying,Its not illegal but I wouldnt do it

laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
Yea I copped a fake Iceberg shirt back like in 01, I paid 20.00 for a 150.00 shirt...Honestly what did I expect right? Anyway I don't understand how you turned this into a topic about you and your stance on selling fakes as well as the fakes you purchased, its kind of irrelevant. Anyway taking straight from eBay

Goodnight

laugh.gif
Now you just sound plain stupid.... Once again,READ CLEARLY AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE RESPONDING.You say what I said is kinda irrelevant but you DIRECTLY ASKED ME...

laugh.gif
Cmon homeboy...This policy is a JOKE. EBAY doesnt care what goes on as long as they get their listing and final value fees.People sell Bootleg Cd's ,Dvd's, clothes,kicks etc.... Cds and DVDs will never get removed and Bootley air force ones wont either

Another example is years ago with all of the obvious bootleg Jerseys being sold on ebay and those auctions not being removed.However, when I sold all of my Mitchell and Ness jerseys years ago,at least 40% of my listings got removed.... I have no idea why since all of my jerseys were purchased by me from the NBA store or Distantreplays... I guess your gonna tell me the NBA store sold fake Mitchell and Ness
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Wow, you obviously lack sense. Lets start with this, when Isaid the Gucci EXAMPLE, when I said YOU I did not mean YOU, it was an hypothetical example I thought you would have had enough sense to realize that, I guess Iwas wrong. And you never answered my question, you started talking about homeless people in train stations? About your jerseys, now you claim they were real?Ok, I guess you didn't make a strong enough case in your auctions to prove they were real, thats your fault. Mitchell & Ness had them taken down undersuspicion they are fake, you are infringing on their trademark, which is............ILLEGAL . Honestly I'm done with this, like Isaid over and over again if something you sell is illegal on the streets, its still illegal on the internet simple as that.

^^this little argument is competely pointless. the answer is that it's ILLEGAL. just because it goes undetected or overlooked (purposely or not) doesntmake it legal.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif

Goodnight

laugh.gif
Now you just sound plain stupid.... Once again,READ CLEARLY AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE RESPONDING.You say what I said is kinda irrelevant but you DIRECTLY ASKED ME...

laugh.gif
Cmon homeboy...This policy is a JOKE. EBAY doesnt care what goes on as long as they get their listing and final value fees.People sell Bootleg Cd's ,Dvd's, clothes,kicks etc.... Cds and DVDs will never get removed and Bootley air force ones wont either

Another example is years ago with all of the obvious bootleg Jerseys being sold on ebay and those auctions not being removed.However, when I sold all of my Mitchell and Ness jerseys years ago,at least 40% of my listings got removed.... I have no idea why since all of my jerseys were purchased by me from the NBA store or Distantreplays... I guess your gonna tell me the NBA store sold fake Mitchell and Ness
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Wow, you obviously lack sense. Lets start with this, when I said the Gucci EXAMPLE, when I said YOU I did not mean YOU, it was an hypothetical example I thought you would have had enough sense to realize that, I guess I was wrong. And you never answered my question, you started talking about homeless people in train stations? About your jerseys, now you claim they were real? Ok, I guess you didn't make a strong enough case in your auctions to prove they were real, thats your fault. Mitchell & Ness had them taken down under suspicion they are fake, you are infringing on their trademark, which is............ILLEGAL . Honestly I'm done with this, like I said over and over again if something you sell is illegal on the streets, its still illegal on the internet simple as that.

Do you rock gucci??? Like do you seriously go into the Gucci store and cop gucci? If you did you would realize that was the DUMBEST brand to bring up as anexample. If you can tell a fake gucci belt from a picture then your the man cause I know i cant.. Stop buyin gucci on ebay and go to the store and cop...

And you said I lack sense saying I never answered your question and started talking about some other +@%@...ONCE AGAIN READ,I clearly answered your question asto if selling fakes is illegal and I clearly said NO... Just because I didnt agree with you doesnt mean that I didnt answer your question
laugh.gif

What's your e-bay name?

Thats a %*@ move, let him hustle. You probably the same person calling cops on people because they making money on the block.

Back
Top Bottom