is selling fake stuff on ebay legal?

laugh.gif

This thread is madness. Just because there are tons of fakes on eBay doesn't make it legal to sell. There are millions of auctions on eBay at any point intime, it would be impossible for them to shut them all down. Also to reiterate what someone said previously, unless someone reports it (Manufacturer, Buyer,etc.) eBay still makes their money on it, therefore why shut it down if there's no immediate "need" to.

congrats on your hustle sir. if you get any Verizon phones holla at me.

picked up 2 instincts, a blackberry, 4 rants, 3 m520's today for $300 and all im doing is laughin at everybody who is still hatin on me being 18 and having more bank than over half of NT my age or older...and BTW my job is paying over $500 a week

BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIN!!!!!

that is CEO salary.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

woww NT is full of a bunch of haters i guess...I WORK A FULL TIME JOB AND GO TO SCHOOL!!!!! there is nothing wrong with making cash on the side dangggg...I NEVER KNEW THAT YOU COULD HAVE SOOO MUCH MONEY THAT YOU WOULDN'T WANT MORE...and for all you haters that are knockin the hustle on top of my full time job, and going to school full time, i do have those phones that i hustle on the side, so for all of you that checked my ebay feedback and seen them sellin all im doing is sitting here laughing at you for being broke
roll.gif

i picked up 2 instincts, a blackberry, 4 rants, 3 m520's today for $300 and all im doing is laughin at everybody who is still hatin on me being 18 and having more bank than over half of NT my age or older...and BTW my job is paying over $500 a week
smile.gif

$12,000 a year after taxes
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So you brag about all the money you make, yet feel the need to con people out of their money with fake designer clothes?
Great%20Job.png

didnt want to buy a phone, see how much you were selling them for. i dont got sprint so why would i need a sprint phone.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

didnt want to buy a phone, see how much you were selling them for. i dont got sprint so why would i need a sprint phone.

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

woww NT is full of a bunch of haters i guess...I WORK A FULL TIME JOB AND GO TO SCHOOL!!!!! there is nothing wrong with making cash on the side dangggg...I NEVER KNEW THAT YOU COULD HAVE SOOO MUCH MONEY THAT YOU WOULDN'T WANT MORE...and for all you haters that are knockin the hustle on top of my full time job, and going to school full time, i do have those phones that i hustle on the side, so for all of you that checked my ebay feedback and seen them sellin all im doing is sitting here laughing at you for being broke
roll.gif

i picked up 2 instincts, a blackberry, 4 rants, 3 m520's today for $300 and all im doing is laughin at everybody who is still hatin on me being 18 and having more bank than over half of NT my age or older...and BTW my job is paying over $500 a week
smile.gif

$12,000 a year after taxes
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
how the hell do u figure 12,000???? 500 a week x 52 weeks in a year = 26,000 before taxes...hmm i wasnt quite aware that i was gonna get taxed14,000 u joke

WOWW PEOPLE HATE SOOOO MUCHHH...first of all...all i did was ask a simple question to try to make more money, i DID NOT, and AM NOT going to do thisobviously...i can bet that a lot of people on NT have/ or do sold weed/drugs before....that is wayyy lower and more unethical then what i never did, but simplyasked a question about.

Responding to the haters is just going to make the situation worse. Don't feel you need to show up a bunch of ppl on NT who are criticizing you because youare just stooping to their lame level.

It is illegal to sell fake anything on ebay because of obvious copyright infringements. If you are doing it on a small scale you probably won't run intomuch problems as long as you list your items as a variant or knock off. However if someone sees your auction and sees you are selling fakes, they can easilyreport you and have your account eliminated. Or if someone decides to report you to paypal after a completed transaction - you may run into some issues aswell.

Probably in your best interest to stick to selling phones. No sense in risking your well built ebay account to make extra loot off some fake belts. If youraccount gets canceled, how will you sell your remaining phones?

G-luck.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Responding to the haters is just going to make the situation worse. Don't feel you need to show up a bunch of ppl on NT who are criticizing you because you are just stooping to their lame level.

It is illegal to sell fake anything on ebay because of obvious copyright infringements. If you are doing it on a small scale you probably won't run into much problems as long as you list your items as a variant or knock off. However if someone sees your auction and sees you are selling fakes, they can easily report you and have your account eliminated. Or if someone decides to report you to paypal after a completed transaction - you may run into some issues as well.

Probably in your best interest to stick to selling phones. No sense in risking your well built ebay account to make extra loot off some fake belts. If your account gets canceled, how will you sell your remaining phones?

G-luck.
thank you for responding to my question.

Ebay doesn't seem to give a %!%+.......There's your answer.

If i were you I'd:
1) open an account solely to sell this stuff
2) work from a different IP address when selling this stuff
3) open a diff. paypal address to sell this stuff

Selling fakes is selling fakes but if Ebay doesn't give a %!%+ I don't see why we all should.
I don't feel bad for folks that spend $100 on a belt. If they're spending that much money on a belt they should buy from reputable sources or be ableto verify the product.

If someone asks whether its fake though than you should tell them it is. If they don't ask......

I wouldn't do this personally but Ebay seems to be sitting pretty facilitating 1k's of transactions like this a week so.......

Honestly, this post needs to be locked the hell up, who in their right mind could think it is legal to sell fake merchandise PERIOD. Whether it is on eBay, astreet corner, a flea market whatever. If you have such a great job for someone your age, I would assume your smart enough to already know this. Thats likemaking a post asking is it okay to sell crack on eBay, just because its eBay doesn't mean you won't suffer the same consequences as you would if yousold it out of the trunk of your car.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

Honestly, this post needs to be locked the hell up, who in their right mind could think it is legal to sell fake merchandise PERIOD. Whether it is on eBay, a street corner, a flea market whatever. If you have such a great job for someone your age, I would assume your smart enough to already know this. Thats like making a post asking is it okay to sell crack on eBay, just because its eBay doesn't mean you won't suffer the same consequences as you would if you sold it out of the trunk of your car.
Canal Streets busy..........with cops always nearby.

ebay makes money from counterfeit items being sold. they do not care... it's a business first and foremost

Back
Top Bottom