Is Social Media Destroying Society? Former Facebook Exec Says 'Yes'

https://www.wionews.com/technology/...onds-after-joining-metas-virtual-world-449784

I don't even know where to start,

1) you have to be a different world of sicko to want to try & sexually assault someone virtually
2) how exactly does one get sexually assaulted in the metavers??? I didn't even know avatars could "touch" eachother
3) AM i really be insensitive to question how someone has real life anxiety from the encounter described? this is like me saying i have PTSD because random people in a GTA lobby shot me
trauma leaves triggers.

https://www.wionews.com/technology/...onds-after-joining-metas-virtual-world-449784

1) you have to be a different world of sicko to want to try & sexually assault someone virtually
2) how exactly does one get sexually assaulted in the metavers??? I didn't even know avatars could "touch" eachother
3) AM i really be insensitive to question how someone has real life anxiety from the encounter described? this is like me saying i have PTSD because random people in a GTA lobby shot me
To focus in the 3rd question, I think folks who take the internet way too seriously, such as folks who would want a metaverse in the first damn place, could def feel anxiety from that happening.

That's why this is not as laughable to me as this may have been 3 or 5 years ago. I got kids. They like screens. Metaverse is aimed at them. Imma try my damnedest to have my kids understand real life takes place not on a screen, but I simply dont know what they will desire as enjoyable as they become teens and adults. I'm sure my joy and satisfaction from playing video games as an adult is weird to the generation older than me. So I'm not naive to think my kids wont find joy in this metaverse ******** just because I tell them not to.

Its alarming. I'd honestly rather get rid of the net from my home completely verses letting my kids be exposed to this ****. But that would set them so damn far behind.

To focus in the 3rd question, I think folks who take the internet way too seriously, such as folks who would want a metaverse in the first damn place, could def feel anxiety from that happening.

That's why this is not as laughable to me as this may have been 3 or 5 years ago. I got kids. They like screens. Metaverse is aimed at them. Imma try my damnedest to have my kids understand real life takes place not on a screen, but I simply dont know what they will desire as enjoyable as they become teens and adults. I'm sure my joy and satisfaction from playing video games as an adult is weird to the generation older than me. So I'm not naive to think my kids wont find joy in this metaverse bull**** just because I tell them not to.

Its alarming. I'd honestly rather get rid of the net from my home completely verses letting my kids be exposed to this ****. But that would set them so damn far behind.

Yea man it's kind of insane to think that technology has advanced this far, this quickly. The next generation is going to grow up in an era where reality/online is going to be extremely blurred.

I guess it all depends on personal moderation, but as you stated the more the tech gets implemented ,the further the kids fall behind if they don't engage. Social media has set up a perfect segway into this.

More Social media posturing today with the rise in price of Amazon Prime. Continuous complaints about Amazons conditions, about their business practices, about Jeff Bezos capitalism...... but still after knowing that, these same people still have Prime subscriptions & wonder why Amazon is going to charge more

disappointed-laugh.gif

On some Black Mirror ****

Also apparently she is the CEO of a competing VR company named Kabuni (make of that what you will)

Last edited:
I would love to see a study in regards to Anime/Cartoon Avi's on social media & mental disorders.

I feel like everytime i see some wild senseless word vomit on Twitter it's coming from someone with an anime avi :lol: , whenever i see one i know a bunch of isms are to be following

I would love to see a study in regards to Anime/Cartoon Avi's on social media & mental disorders.

I feel like everytime i see some wild senseless word vomit on Twitter it's coming from someone with an anime avi :lol: , whenever i see one i know a bunch of isms are to be following
People get real bold when their avy isn't them :lol:

We may be witnessing the early days of the fall of Zuckustus. Facebook’s once unbeatable ad-tracking system — the engine that made it a more than $1 trillion company — has effectively been neutralized by the likes of Apple, which allows users to block the company’s trackers. (Google is set to start phasing in similar protections to its users over the next two years.) Facebook’s user base has started to shrink after revelations by whistleblowers and leaks that showed how harmful social media could be to teen users, who are flocking to less toxic competitors like TikTok anyway. And Zuckerberg — clearly bored with the company he founded 18 years ago — has shifted his vision into an immersive version of the internet, complete with headsets and digital avatars, that he calls the metaverse, an ambition that sets up Facebook’s competition not with another Silicon Valley company but with reality itself.

The important piece of this is the ads. Essentially, there are two main channels for advertisers to sell digital ads: one based on what you search for and the other based on which sites you’ve visited and your other online behaviors. The latter was Facebook’s business model — and the reason you would get uncanny ads for goods before you even knew you needed them. Apple and Google have decided they’re going to allow their users to disable code that tracks people across the internet, which happens to be good for their business model. According to The Wall Street Journal, the fallout has been so severe that advertisers are shifting their entire ad budgets to Google since Facebook is no longer profitable. It’s a bitter irony for the company as its opaque rules about what would show up on users’ feeds once led to the rise of clickbait farms like ViralNova and the decimation of an untold number of local news sites across the world.

Students talk about social media pressures

When a girl and a dude hold each other, it's assumed they are together. But what's funny is sometimes they write no caption, use an emoji, or they clarify that they're together or just friends. Confusing signals. The same way a woman says "my favorite person" can actually be a partner or its just a friend that they're close with.

Men have that same luxury….. y’all give women to much power. Better play the field and play the game also.

Last edited:

Dude almost got put in a pack messing around with people :lol:, dudes are out here mentally unstable, scared & have guns. a horrible mix in exchange for youtube views

Back
Top Bottom