Is this your last year for buying Jordan's?

I been doing lots of thinking and i come to the conclusion that this is the last year for purchasing Jordan's for me. Most of all my grails will be retrodin the CDP's soo I'll just be trying to cop OG's after '08.Feel me?What you think?

I can't say for sure.

Whenever any III's come back out, I'll get them. Other than that, I don't want anything else.

sometimes i'm like eff JB, they bringin this wackness, but later on, they come out with somethin dope then i cop.
smh.gif

I am pretty sure that it is for me... There are a few gems that I am after and pretty much I can call it a career
smile.gif

Honestly I couldn't tell you. It seems like JB always has an OG colorway or two that have yet to be retroed in their back pocket to lure us back in with.(*cough* Carmines *cough*)

I think alot of people are feeling that this might be their last year collecting Jordans. It's a good year to go out on with the release of the XX3'sand all the countdown packs, but it's also due to the direction the Brand is heading.

It doesn't seem like the Gentry is focused on catering to what the people want, but rather release uninspired hybrid shoes and poorly executed retros. Surethat's fine for all the newer generation collectors but the loyal customers have been forgotten long ago.

JB is multi million dollar company... They will eventually cater to what people want. There is no way they're going to lose you... You may leavemomentarily but they haven't lost you...

They have the new collectors on lock with shoes such as the fusions and the spizikes... They have old collectors locked with retro grails such as thecarmines... And when the OG collectors start saying... "eff it... I cant take anymore of these horrible quality retros..." and sells start to showthe slightest bit of decrease... They will unleash their secret weapon. Yes... the secret weapon... Most collectors dream come true... The infamous "NIKEAIR." (Thats alot of Jordan's to re-release with the Nike air on the back... [back in business!])

I'm sorry to say but they've got you locked and are executing business well. JB has a long time before it will lose hype. As long as anybody wants thatmost coveted Nike Air on their Jordan they are a puppet of the Jordan Brand.

After buying a couple CDP this year, it may be the last that i buy what JB has to release. However i do see myself continuing to buy the releases from yearsago.

Yes

I got the white/black/royal XX3s and the CDP XI/XII and im pretty much done unless any pairs of XI/XII/XIII fresh colorways come out, OG or not.

Originally Posted by OnlyRetroXi

JB is multi million dollar company... They will eventually cater to what people want. There is no way they're going to lose you... You may leave momentarily but they haven't lost you...

They have the new collectors on lock with shoes such as the fusions and the spizikes... They have old collectors locked with retro grails such as the carmines... And when the OG collectors start saying... "eff it... I cant take anymore of these horrible quality retros..." and sells start to show the slightest bit of decrease... They will unleash their secret weapon. Yes... the secret weapon... Most collectors dream come true... The infamous "NIKE AIR." (Thats alot of Jordan's to re-release with the Nike air on the back... [back in business!])

I'm sorry to say but they've got you locked and are executing business well. JB has a long time before it will lose hype. As long as anybody wants that most coveted Nike Air on their Jordan they are a puppet of the Jordan Brand.

Yea i feel you on that.

as far and LS and general release i will be done after this year looking for J's and trying to keep up with them.... so later on if i see them ill buythem... but i aint gonna be hunting them down or anything.... unless i missed out on some that i liked

ijapino wrote:
I think alot of people are feeling that this might be their last year collecting Jordans. It's a good year to go out on with the release of the XX3's and all the countdown packs, but it's also due to the direction the Brand is heading.

It doesn't seem like the Gentry is focused on catering to what the people want, but rather release uninspired hybrid shoes and poorly executed retros. Sure that's fine for all the newer generation collectors but the loyal customers have been forgotten long ago.

Im done. All i really wanted is 1-23 and Im gettin it. The occational retro release Im down with. Gotta think about buyin a crib. Which some Jordans helpedme get my funds up
wink.gif
. Since everyone and there mother is a reseller nowI'm done with that as well. The game ain't the same so time for a new hustle. Collector status for now. Unless things change which I doubt. Don'treally care much for the NIKE AIR on the back but I know dats my time to come back and shine. Also deff the direction of the brand things seem way off overthere and I'm not interested in going where there taking it. You youngins enjoy the ride.

This is a question I've asked myself, there are so many pairs that I want that I haven't had the chance on copping yet. I've made up my mind to cop4 or 5 CDP's this year, and to split a couple more. With all those J's and other Nike retro's coming out this year (ie Penny II's, PippensFlightposites), there is no way for me to cop everything I want. I plan on copping everything Ive missed this year and past years, in 09. So to answer thequestion, not this year but maybe next. If Gentry stands by his comments on making retros difficult to purchase in the future and continuing to make terriblehybrid kicks, I'll be done with JB.

If Pat can quit I know I can quit. For the newbies Pat was one the greatest collectors on niketalk who had an extensive collection, man did he ever. Not todisrespect anyone else on Niketalk, but notice the term one of the greatest. Well I act like mike when it comes to the mikes. I quit and come back wearing the45, then quit again and comeback. Its hard for me because out of all of my holy grails I have 4 thats returning the hares, the carmines, xvi's &pippens. I'm just waiting for the nike pumps, blk/red IX, and the north carolina IX's. So i guess i'm basically done.

Back
Top Bottom