Is this your last year for buying Jordan's?

Originally Posted by OnlyRetroXi

JB is multi million dollar company... They will eventually cater to what people want. There is no way they're going to lose you... You may leave momentarily but they haven't lost you...

They have the new collectors on lock with shoes such as the fusions and the spizikes... They have old collectors locked with retro grails such as the carmines... And when the OG collectors start saying... "eff it... I cant take anymore of these horrible quality retros..." and sells start to show the slightest bit of decrease... They will unleash their secret weapon. Yes... the secret weapon... Most collectors dream come true... The infamous "NIKE AIR." (Thats alot of Jordan's to re-release with the Nike air on the back... [back in business!])

I'm sorry to say but they've got you locked and are executing business well. JB has a long time before it will lose hype. As long as anybody wants that most coveted Nike Air on their Jordan they are a puppet of the Jordan Brand.
I want to believe you, but watch JB screw the Nike Air logo, if that happens.

These retroes just don't have that same special feeling, idk why. It feels different or it don't feel right. Whether it's re-retroes or not,it's.....something's lacking. Maybe it's the quality issues. But I'll tell you this, the feeling I used to have for retroes J's back in 99-02, I'm experiencing the same feeling with some of the Nike retroes that will release and the shoes I'll buy.

But yeah, I want to believe that the infamous two words will reappear, but if that happens, even JB could screw that up. I lost all positive and highexpectations from JB. I don't expect anything great from them anymore. Maybe the newer generation sees it differently, or doesn't see it how I see it.But I surely don't.

jordan_3_ls_blue_01.thumbnail.JPG

e8_1.JPG

DSC04696.JPG

jordan-v-kenlu.jpg

jordan-1-undftd-main.jpg

air-jordan-viii-retro-ls-4.jpg

url

Air%20Jordan%20Retro%20V%20Burgundy.jpg

Is there a reason why we should continue? If Jordan Brand's list of accomplishments didn't look like what I just posted, maybe I would've purchasedsomething else besides the DMPs in the last three years.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

jordan_3_ls_blue_01.thumbnail.JPG

e8_1.JPG

DSC04696.JPG

jordan-v-kenlu.jpg

jordan-1-undftd-main.jpg

air-jordan-viii-retro-ls-4.jpg

url

Air%20Jordan%20Retro%20V%20Burgundy.jpg

Is there a reason why we should continue? If Jordan Brand's list of accomplishments didn't look like what I just posted, maybe I would've purchased something else besides the DMPs in the last three years.

laugh.gif

99ky0x.jpg

24pi8lh.jpg

r856z7.jpg

dg5j5u.jpg

2hqul9t.jpg

air-jordan-6-olympic-08-1.JPG

Stop it. You're hurting the younger generations' feelings that never saw MJ play live. Nah....they just care about what clothes to match.

laugh.gif
^^^Haha Good one! Those pics do show some highlights of the lastcouple years don't they?
laugh.gif
It's funny but it's a shame thatit's true...
smh.gif
Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by OnlyRetroXi

JB is multi million dollar company... They will eventually cater to what people want. There is no way they're going to lose you... You may leave momentarily but they haven't lost you...

They have the new collectors on lock with shoes such as the fusions and the spizikes... They have old collectors locked with retro grails such as the carmines... And when the OG collectors start saying... "eff it... I cant take anymore of these horrible quality retros..." and sells start to show the slightest bit of decrease... They will unleash their secret weapon. Yes... the secret weapon... Most collectors dream come true... The infamous "NIKE AIR." (Thats alot of Jordan's to re-release with the Nike air on the back... [back in business!])

I'm sorry to say but they've got you locked and are executing business well. JB has a long time before it will lose hype. As long as anybody wants that most coveted Nike Air on their Jordan they are a puppet of the Jordan Brand.
I want to believe you, but watch JB screw the Nike Air logo, if that happens.

These retroes just don't have that same special feeling, idk why. It feels different or it don't feel right. Whether it's re-retroes or not, it's.....something's lacking. Maybe it's the quality issues. But I'll tell you this, the feeling I used to have for retroes J's back in 99-02, I'm experiencing the same feeling with some of the Nike retroes that will release and the shoes I'll buy.

But yeah, I want to believe that the infamous two words will reappear, but if that happens, even JB could screw that up. I lost all positive and high expectations from JB. I don't expect anything great from them anymore. Maybe the newer generation sees it differently, or doesn't see it how I see it. But I surely don't.

As for this, I understand where you are coming from but all I am trying to get across is, no matter how bad JB could screw up, the fact of the matter isthat JB always has that "Nike Air" to fall back on if all else fails.... Heavens forbid, they could even try putting just a Swoosh on the back ofevery Jordan and even if that plan flops, they still know that they have that "Nike Air" to fall back on and that consumers would buy no matterwhat... (Meaning it could be years after 2008 and many people that claimed that 2008 would be there last year [half this thread] would end up purchasing.)

smh at those pics posted. i dont know but most of us will copp OG colors. its not the same anymore.

NO. Retros will come back out, and I believe they'll releases in CWs the people want. Maybe not january of 09' but they'll come back out. I'mnot stoppin'. Whether it means coppin' from the store or from ebay....i'm not stoppin'. (
laugh.gif
, dat rhymed.)

Originally Posted by SLP Product

Originally Posted by ijapino

It doesn't seem like the Gentry is focused on catering to what the people want, but rather release uninspired hybrid shoes and poorly executed retros. Sure that's fine for all the newer generation collectors but the loyal customers have been forgotten long ago.

Originally Posted by yungpyro07

IM GONNA JUST BUY OG AND EARLY RETROS THAT I DONT HAVE
I was just thinking about that a couple days ago.Just by looking at my J's that I've brought in the last 4 years, and it's like thereare so J's that I don't have that I always wanted. But I'm at point of my life that I need to start looking at other things in my life besidesbuying shoes. So I think I have 3 or 4 yrs left in me on buying J's. After 2008 I'm only into O.G & definently retros that I've been trying tofind for years.

I'm pretty much done myself, man. Been in the game since '85 dog, seen alot of things, rocked EVERY OG J from I-XIV. Hell, I still remember gettingkicked outta school in 7th grade for wearing one white/infrared VI and one black/infrared VI cause my dean thought it was " gang related". WatchedMike evolve from a birdseye seat here in Chicago. Got all the ones I really wanted, with the exception of true blue III's, so i'm good. I feel everyoneelse here with other responsibilities takin over

Honestly, no I don't think I will ever stop..I won't go crazy and like buy Jordan's every week but maybe once in a while.

Stopped buying after the Jordan XX release and the the last retro bought were the Jordan XIV Black/Carolina Blue.. Now, the 11 & 12 pack may change allthat.. It just depends on what they put out.. So I've been 2 years free from buying Jordans, and I can easily continue that streak with the garbage beingput out..

All i need is the XVI and i'll have "the set," but i want a fresh pair of XVIIIs so after that summer release, i think i will be done with themJordans...

If the brand release some more retros or make the 24s then yea. the 6 rings pair just ruin it for me. 09 is just air force ones and air maxs

Back
Top Bottom