Is this your last year for buying Jordan's?

Lol nobody will stop, You will see some shoes that might grow on you or you just want a pair because it's so cheap.

that's an insanely difficult question to answer.i mean,if i can look into the future and see all JB releases after this year would be fusions and teamshoes then maybe so.all i can say is live for the moment and not look too ahead.enjoy this year for what it is.the year of the xx3's and some solidretro's in OG colorways that haven't dropped for a long ,cold minute.

Originally Posted by ijapino

It doesn't seem like the Gentry is focused on catering to what the people want, but rather release uninspired hybrid shoes and poorly executed retros. Sure that's fine for all the newer generation collectors but the loyal customers have been forgotten long ago.

This will probably be the last hurrah for me. I know JB has a few tricks up their sleeves, and they will release some OG retro colorways which means I willprobably buy. However, last year, and this year as well, JB has made it easy to take a step back and slow down. I only bought OG colorways last year, noRetro + (Except CG III's). This year, I have bought both CDP's but I sold the XIV and plan to sell some of the others (XXI, XVII, XIX, XXII, XVIII,etc.). I also bought a couple of XX3's.

Other priorities are taking center stage in my life, furthermore, my bank account is in good shape right now. I like seeing that extra zero in there. Also itis going to be time soon to take that extra step with the Mrs'.

I have enough shoes to last me a lifetime.

I've already stopped basically- I'll only buy retros that are done CORRECTLY from here on out (which probably will never happen) - and new models thatinterest me (which probably will never happen).

never thought i'd live to see the day when im not hyped for J's anymore but aside from a couple CDP's and some grail status stuff i dont see toomuch more of my $ goin to the down spiraling Brand Jordan...

I will pretty much quit the online waiting and lining up after this year. CDP and a few retro releases are left on my list. Besides that, if i stumble uponsome og's or old retros at a good price, i'd still cop.

after this year im done with jordans....period.

only packs im gettin are da 6/17 7/16 for sure.....

with no sig line and all the retros being "sold out" this year, i see little attraction. buying more would be seldom at most. besides, after thethree packs i'm copping this year (2/XX1, VI/XVII, XI/XII) on top of what i already got, i won't need more shoes for a while. i might fall asleep onthe jays like i did between 97 - 05 and pay little attention.

I cant even remeber the last time I bought some Jordans. I think it was August on some Infrared VI's and to be honest it doesnt bother me one bit notbuying any of this new crap. If anything I'll continue buying older retro's but thats slowed down as well.

After this year ill just focus on some older retros i want badly and the newer nike retros. Unless JB puts out some good stuff (like the rumored Space Jams)then i wont buy nothin

Yep 08 is a good stopping point for me as well as far as JB is concerned. I got basically all the Jordans i've wanted over theyears, I really don't see any point in going past XX3. My only pick-ups this year will be:

XX3 (any colorway I can get my hands on)

6/17, 7/16, 5/18, 3/20, and 11/12 countdown packs (contingent on how they turn out).
ohwell.gif

Eh, I'm content with what I've got now. All I need are some 94 retro I's White/black/red and I'll have every OG colorway that's beenretroed except Olive 9's and the 2 XI I.E. lows which I can live without. I only buy I-XIV anyways since that's when he was with the Bulls. The Wizardyears were wiped from my mind.
laugh.gif

been in the game sice '85. it's been a crazy ride... many fond memories, many recent not so fond memories.
inevitably, with me turning 29 (
eek.gif
) this summer, i see retireent on the horizon slated for the end of '08, early '09.

my 1-23 collection will be complete as well, so...

it's been a wild & wonderful ride, but it's almost my time...
pimp.gif

Not exactly. This will most likely be my last year buying more than 10 pairs of J's, since Jordan Brand will make the purchasing process worse than itis now.

yeah this is pretty much my last year, i'm done school now so majority of my time is spent at work. i don't have the biggest collection at 60+ pairsbut i don't even have time to wear most of them. so after the 7/16 pack i'm pretty much done except for the penny 2s, 16s are last pairs of jordans ineed to have 1-23. just with work and owning a house now and all that responsibility i don't have the same passion anymore. i don't want to be atstores at the crack of dawn anymore, i really just rely on my contacts these days. so i feel like unless there is a great release, not no pack bs where i onlywant one pair i'm pretty much done

I haven't bought a pair this year yet. I don't even feel like I've missed out on a pair. Since last year when I heard about these packages, I hadthe feeling that I was going to cop less this year. I'm not about to waste money on shoes I don't want. I'm just waiting for certain packages todrop, then cop individual pairs.

Back
Top Bottom