Is working at Lids really that bad??

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

They follow u around like ur gonna rob that little store

wow seriously, i guess thats what they are told to do. I walked into a Lids with a couple of friends a while ago and were lookin at the wall of hats...and thedude working there walks away from his register and literally goes to stand right in front of us...I'm thinking to myself..%$$, and im feeling hellauncomfortable so i turn around and look at the other wall lol. Then we bounced..made us all feel hella awkward and @#@%.lulz. i thought it was only the dude atthe store...maybe thats how he sells his @#@% lol.

my mans works at lids..the manager is this real chill spanish lady in her 30s i guess

none of the stuff yall talkin about goes on dere..with stores aat all depends on who's running the show n how they're doing it

i like it! easy money just like working at fnl

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Originally Posted by KnightHawk23

Everytime I walk in there a hat magically follows me out, FTW

lol

laugh.gif

most of the dudes around my way are younger cats that are on their phones or something.
but if i worked there i'd rock a diff fitted everytime i worked.

Originally Posted by Hiram408

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

yez they followz you in lidz. I hate that place cauze they alwayz think your going to zteal ztuff, which i dont even want to beginz with cauze the zelection is juzt terrible
dont believe in using the "s"?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by MeloVP

none of the stuff yall talkin about goes on dere..with stores aat all depends on who's running the show n how they're doing it

I hope your also talkin about that light paycheck

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

****Patiently awaits LM49ers****
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
This guy always complains about people asking for hats and not knowing the actual team
laugh.gif

I
indifferent.gif
ppl like that too

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

dudes really make 7.50 in there?
smh.gif
WOW

hell nah no truth in that. haha im still starving though. $9.00 per hour ftl.

come see me at newpark and talk that mess.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

They follow u around like ur gonna rob that little store

Because hella people do. I've seen so many dudes swap fitteds in there
laugh.gif
Walk in with one, walk out with another.

Considering how often the homies used to jack multiple fitteds from Lids back in high school/middle school, I'm not suprised that they stress havingemployees all over customers regardless of the size of the store.

Always thought about working there back in the day.. ended up working at Champs instead. It can't be that bad though, it seems like all you would do isring up, grab hats for people, and probably do inventory; that sounds real easy for a retail job. No dressing rooms or clothes to fold.

that $9/hour is somewhat takin an L (especially since i'm in college) but its so damn hard to find a job right now

yes it is that bad. i was an asst manager during college (it was the only job that allowed me to work around my schedule)
grin.gif

the pay is min and you will NEVER get a raise, no matter how well you do, dont even ask, it's not even up to the manager.
they force you to try and sell their stupid accessories like cap curver, passports, spray, hat rack, etc.
i had a cool manager and she got fired because the DM (i absolutely hated that guy) didnt like her numbers/performance, even though our store was doing aboveavg compared to others
at the end, i didnt give a *+$# any more, i would come in not dressed in uniform (blue polo/khakis/and a stupid fitted), and i grabbed a few hats and otherstuff
once finals came i was out and told them to just mail me my check.

have never stepped into another lids store again...

ask the worker to tell you why their mad?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom