ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Officially made my mind up and I'll be seeing Hardwell at Govenors Island... any NT'ers going or have an extra ticket lmk much appreciated.

i'll be there, cant wait :smokin

went to the gorgon city + chris malinchak "secret" event in brooklyn on friday, probably one of the most unique musical experiences i have had, they (rinsed) went for the old school chicago house scene approach by renting out a warehouse, throwing up some lights, and hosting a pleasantly aggressive night of dancing. ace of a night.

Last edited:
Went to Turnt this past Friday. I know a lot of people don't like AraabMuzik, but I enjoy what he does. Really went to see Heroes X Villans, who went on after him. The place was probably at capacity when Araab went up and there were probably 40 people max after he was finished :lol:.

so why is there so much hate for the mainstream DJ's in here who are putting out crazy heat / dance tracks. Simply because they are popular?

so why is there so much hate for the mainstream DJ's in here who are putting out crazy heat / dance tracks. Simply because they are popular?

For me, it isn't its popularity. It's the lack of creativity. Damn near every mainstream producer/DJ is following the exact same formula for every track they produce. Whether it's Electro-House, Progressive House, or American Dubstep. They all sound the same! Every damn track.. Then people go crazy over those songs like it's some new earth shattering sound. It's a very superficial sounding music, and there is absolutely nothing beyond what you hear. The problem is that the music they produce has to have instant gratification for the new masses of fans, in order to keep them entertained, and prevent them from getting bored. With that formula all you get is "build up/big drop/build up/big drop/build up/big drop", rinse, repeat.

I have standards for the music I listen to. Which is why I don't listen to most popular music regardless of genre.

Slim, that track you posted is nice..

Last edited:
i'll be there, cant wait :smokin

went to the gorgon city + chris malinchak "secret" event in brooklyn on friday, probably one of the most unique musical experiences i have had, they (rinsed) went for the old school chicago house scene approach by renting out a warehouse, throwing up some lights, and hosting a pleasantly aggressive night of dancing. ace of a night.

I always wonder how people get access to this info. Is it just lucky connections or what...

On an unrelated note and back to mainstream.

I had no idea skrillex was in dog blood :lol:

Last edited:
I always wonder how people get access to this info. Is it just lucky connections or what...

well aside from just knowing the right ppl i think its really about keeping your ear to the ground and keeping tabs on multiple media sources..in my case, my friend and i have been going to a significant amount of shows all year and we both have made it a habit to check the twitters and pages of not only the promoters from each event that we've been to but also the venues, by doing so weve been able to hear a lot of different artists that we didnt know as well as get hip to a bunch of smaller shows.

im hoping to get wind of all the rooftop sets and day parties once it gets warmer out, but i feel like those are a lot more exclusive

Wow it's funny how Wolfgang just said this in his latest interview and I'm just reading it right now. It echoes my last reply in this thread perfectly..

To be perfectly honest, and I hate to sound negative, cynical or condescending in any way but that’s probably how this will come off, I’ve been really bummed with most of the new music that’s been making waves in 2013. I feel like the “big” sound in dance music right now is just this mashup of every single subgenre possible, to try and appeal to the most people possible, with these cheesy played-out trance pads and vocal hooks, it all sounds exactly the same and it’s really bad for the most part, and the scariest thing is that people are reacting to this stuff, crowds at festivals and clubs are wanting more of it. A few of us have deemed it the EDM Apocolypse. Dance music is in a really weird place right now. I don’t know where it’s going to go. In some way I’m hoping Daft Punk single-handedly destroys this phenomenon we’re experiencing and un-brainwashes everybody into realizing that real music should have some soul and authenticity to it, and not just be a big kick drum and a trance breakdown with a cheesy one-liner and a “big drop.”

It's almost identical to what I said. Crazy..

Last edited:
right when there started being some peace in this thread dude had to bring that up :smh:

i will say though that although the prog/electrohouse scene isn't dead to me, i'll agree that its wayyyyy too repetitive and lacking innovation at the moment.

another negative imo is that there's been an "Atom" effect on the scene. when atom was first dropping in festivals it was crazy different and just blew everyones mind when they first heard it. now every producer is trying too hard to make the next atom instead of the next song that will have the mindblowing effect atom did.

also another thing is that producers aren't focusing enough on dancefloor music and focusing too much on making festival ragers

the games kind of stale at the moment but new innovative DJs always breathe life back into it. things go in cycles.

Last edited:
Weird that you posted the wolfgang thing as i was typing up my other post. for a while now i've been having somewhat of an identity crisis where I thought maybe I just haven't been feeling a lot of the new stuff anymore because I just need something new, or because it's almost become the fad with my age group. and i never want to be the type of dude that will stop liking something because it's popular. i always want to think that i like something for the level of quality and/or entertainment it gives me, and try to keep the influence of others out as much as i humanly can.

i'm a big fan of the site www.1001tracklists.com. In the past you were able to just look at what the hottest songs were. and often they were actually the best and good quality (from a prog/electrohouse fans perspective,) but now i'll check out alot of these songs and think to myself, is this song REALLY that good?

also, it's just easy to pick up when a producer is making music because of their passion for it and expression, and when they're doing it to try pleasing crowds.

Last edited:

dont sleep on rudimental... dudes are talented and work with awesome vocalists. The chicks bad too

Last edited:
what yall know bout this?
heard this out a few times in the past couple months.
let me add, get to know the roots folks. it just may influence your taste. i know it did for me.

Last edited:
With that formula all you get is "build up/big drop/build up/big drop/build up/big drop", rinse, repeat.

I have standards for the music I listen to. Which is why I don't listen to most popular music regardless of genre.

Slim, that track you posted is nice..

yup. basically.
kids these days dont appreciate the subtleties.
if youve been to a party with techno, youd know this. something as simple as a high hat coming in will have the crowd going nuts!

and yea i love jimpster. hes playing this saturday in LA. 4 hour set!!

Last edited:
EDC LV lineup

A&B and Armin duh, but Beyer, Kearney, Indecent Noise, Simon Patterson, Sasha, Digweed, Hawtin, Carl Cox should be great. wish a few of them would be at EDC Chicago.

Last edited:
EDC LV lineup

A&B and Armin duh, but Beyer, Kearney, Indecent Noise, Simon Patterson, Sasha, Digweed, Hawtin, Carl Cox should be great. wish a few of them would be at EDC Chicago.

its the same ol lineup again.

richie hawtin, carl cox, adam beyer, loco dice, paco osuna, jamie jones, art department, crosstown rebel djs, dirtybird djs, etc

its same damn techno/house djs at every single festival i swear lol

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M HYPED.

150+ artists if you can't find something you like oh well. I've got my eyes on a few but I'm open to recommendations on who the 'deep house crew' might recommend

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M HYPED.

150+ artists if you can't find something you like oh well. I've got my eyes on a few but I'm open to recommendations on who the 'deep house crew' might recommend

if i were going, these are who i would check out : above & beyond, adam beyer, art department, booka shade, carl cox & friends (wonder who the friends are), claude vonstroke, cosmic gate, craze (assuming this is the dj craze that i know), crosstown rebels presents get lost (wonder who teh djs are), damian lazarus, dubfire, empire of the sun, green velvet, jamie jones, john digweed, just blaze (did yall know he likes/spins house? lol), justin martin, laidback luke, loco dice, major lazer, mark knight, markus schulz, i would check out what opulent temple stage is all about (its a burning man thing), paco osuna, richie hawtin, sasha, sander van doorn, subb-an, the do lab stage, tiga, umek, yousef.

and like i always do at festivals, id go check out random djs ive never heard of. thats one of the funnest parts of a festival. i recommend you do that as well.

Last edited:
:lol:  Did I just see Just Blaze in a EDC lineup?

he's an older black dude from nj/ny, which means its not surprising that he's heard/likes/spins/produces house.

same goes for jazzy jeff. hes also from the northeast, older, black. he's put out house b4.

just blaze posted this mix a while back. a lotta classic house in this one.

and this one. a house track.

Last edited:
EDC is the same ol recycled line up as last year except they replaced the dubstep with trap :lol:

Back
Top Bottom