ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

Avicii has never tried to pass himself off as a legit DJ. He's a producer. That feature was great, because he basically told everyone he's trolling them, but they eat it up. It's not his fault that he's making money off it.

cant knock the hustle. thats for sure.

Maybe I just need to go to a festival to fully experience all this new stuff coming out cuz im not feeling 90% of it

It's starting to remind me of hip hop at around 07 when I was in high school and all that weak simple repetitive south music was infesting radio and tv. I had to dig into the underground and into the past classics to find music I can actually feel.

its not that the new stuff is any different. its more likely that your taste has evolved.

Last edited:
It's a possibility slim...

A few months ago I was in Miami and linked up with one of the dudes who started dayglow (those dudes throw a stupid party but are actually really into their music so that's why we connected)

We were at LIV for Calvin Harris on New Years and he was dipping to mansion for Carl Cox and told me to come thru to his table (and before you group me in with the suits, just know I'm a regular student who just has some rich friends,) I passed on it and he basically got into this thing about how there's an evolution of taste...

1. Starts with crossover stuff like Guetta
2. Then onto progressive house
3. Then experimenting with dub, electro, etc.

And I'm thinking to myself wow he's got me figured out so far

And then when he told me it was only a matter of time before I get into tech, it's like he told me there was a time-bomb in me and I was doomed to be reincarnated as someone completely different :lol:

Anyways I'm gunna post some songs I actually am feeling at the moment

Last edited:

well im a lil older than you so this was my progression :

1. 90s crossover stuff - i.e. the prodigy, the chemical brothers, basement jaxx, fatboy slim, etc. that used to get heavy play on MTV. yes they actually played music back then.

2. trance/breaks in late 90s/early 2000s.

3. house (not electro or progg tho)

4. techno

im now basically a house head 4 life. with techno as my mistress.

although, i do listen to other electronic music. i dont strictly do house/techno.
and i do listen to non dance music as well.

when i found house, i knew that this was it. you just get that "feeling"
techno was the same way.

Last edited:
some songs that I'm feeling right now...

Electrohouse: Botneks been working with Porter Robinson recently, gunna def get more well-known this summer.

audien also has a reaalllyy good remix to this song too

House: Chocolate Puma Remix. really cool indigenous aussie vocals on it

dub: there's a really dark/erotic video for it that's managed to slip through the youtube cracks. obv cant post it here.

songs that are/were popular:

Moguai - Champs
Alesso - If I Lose Myself
Sander, Mark Knight, Underworld - Ten (just saw its got a music video)
Anything Adventure Club
Nari & Milani - Vago, can def throw some bows to this :lol:

Last edited:
When I wrote dub, obviously as in dubstep in an edm thread, I was expecting some pretentious douche to come in and say something alone the lines of, "that isn't dubstep, it's post-modern nu brostep dude."

But you came thru and corrected it with something I couldn't even guess. Props.

When I wrote dub, obviously as in dubstep in an edm thread, I was expecting some pretentious douche to come in and say something alone the lines of, "that isn't dubstep, it's post-modern nu brostep dude."

of course i knew u were talking about dubstep. but i just dont think you should be referring to dubstep as dub,
when there is an actual genre called dub that has a huge following and history. just write out the "step". its only 4 more characters.

oh, and btw the word dubstep comes from combining dub (i.e. dub reggae/dub remix) and 2step.

Last edited:

:smokin repped.

Last edited:
Honestly adventure club is one of my favsand i'm kinda pissed they're not at edc.

don't mess with krewella at all?? there shows are honestly amazing. check out their troll mixes. they released 4 sets of awesome

what's the name of this dub video?

Honestly adventure club is one of my favsand i'm kinda pissed they're not at edc.

don't mess with krewella at all?? there shows are honestly amazing. check out their troll mixes. they released 4 sets of awesome

what's the name of this dub video?

It's paradise circus by zeds dead. Once u search it the vid is easy to find, no clue how the vid is still on yt, guess ppl that mess with the music just keep it that real to not snitch on some solid art

cool video actually dig the song too :lol:

obviously zed deads most popular song. fell in love first time i heard it
and it lead me to this which is cool. reading up and learning of em now. apparently the album released when I was in diapers so.... :lol:

Last edited:

well im a lil older than you so this was my progression :

1. 90s crossover stuff - i.e. the prodigy, the chemical brothers, basement jaxx, fatboy slim, etc. that used to get heavy play on MTV. yes they actually played music back then.

2. trance/breaks in late 90s/early 2000s.

3. house (not electro or progg tho)

4. techno

im now basically a house head 4 life. with techno as my mistress.

although, i do listen to other electronic music. i dont strictly do house/techno.
and i do listen to non dance music as well.

when i found house, i knew that this was it. you just get that "feeling"
techno was the same way.

My progression started in the 90s as well. It all started when I heard Reel 2 Real's "Go On Move" and "I Love To Move It" :lol:. I loved those songs, and I remember exactly where I was when I first heard Mighty Dub Katz's "Magic Carpet Ride" :smokin. I have amazing memories with club music, because my brother would bring back tapes with all the songs that were popular in all the major clubs in Mexico. I would pop them in my walkman and play them over and over and over again.

I must confess that I also had some REO Speedwagon, and Cranberries mixed in there :D..

After that I went

- 90's House
- Trance
- Happy Hardcore :x
- Prog/Electro
- UK Dubstep
- Traditional House / Deep House

I try to give everything a shot, but most of the time I get tired or it or it becomes very dull. I always end up back at good ol House. It NEVER dissapoints, and like you said man, you just get that feeling. A lot of people just don't understand..

I try to give everything a shot, but most of the time I get tired or it or it becomes very dull. I always end up back at good ol House. It NEVER dissapoints, and like you said man, you just get that feeling. A lot of people just don't understand..

yea same with me. good ol house and techno lol.
genres will rise and fall (and may rise again) in popularity, but house and techno will always be the backbone of dance music.

i do love other genres, but like you said, it gets dull at times, but house is always there.

"not everyone understands house music, it's a spiritual thing, a body thing, a soul thing"

always passed them off as too gimmicky/collegey

but im checking out the newest troll mix

they seem like they can throw down a sick party at an outdoor event

Finally gave Knife Party's new EP Haunted House a listen

Really feeling the first minimal drop on LRAD

EDM Death Machine's my favorite song on it though

once they started talking about the future I had a feeling there was gunna be robot references. and then when it said the human race will be extinct. I KNEW there would be :lol:. the daft influence.

Last edited:

whats a minimal drop??

contemplating whether to go see Omar S tonite or not. my body wont thank me for it tomrrow at work, but Omar S is just...superb.

donno why the video i posted below isnt showing up????
i guess ill just link it

Last edited:
knife party at edc will be amazing you don't even know. I might skip it though cause I've seen them like 3 times in about a year.

they had their live online show on anon.fm and theres this trap mix of internet friends... :smh: :smokin

my favorite internet friends though isn't theirs :lol: Revolvr murked it.

speaking of which he has a lot of KP influence and dropped something new today. on the fence about it.

still in love with hannah wants though... been jamming to a few of her sets the last few weeks after work.

(How the eff do you embedd soundcloud)

Last edited:
Finally gave Knife Party's new EP Haunted House a listen

EDM Death Machine's my favorite song on it though

once they started talking about the future I had a feeling there was gunna be robot references. and then when it said the human race will be extinct. I KNEW there would be :lol:. the daft influence.

EDM Death Machine is killer on my laptop speakers. I can only imagine how it is live :x :pimp: .

i'm aware that minimals a genre of its own

just my choice of word to describe one sound over basically just a 128 bpm kick drum.

it's pretty....

minimal?

who said anything about minimal techno?

dont get so defensive man, it was just a question.

i just never heard minimal used to describe a "drop" before, since "drops" are usually the opposite.
just wondering what you meant by that.

same with what i said about dub. i wasnt trying to be a douchebag, i just thought it was something you should be aware of,
since you seem to be genuinely interested in dance music.

Last edited:
Omar S's set last night was dope as always. DEETROOOIIITTT!!!

heres a dope track by one of my favorite producers, Levon Vincent.

my bad man, sometimes hard to tell over the interwebz if someones trying to genuinely drop knowledge, genuinely ask a question, or be a smartass. won't take any of your posts in a negative light anymore.

anyone here doing edc ny?

Last edited:

i miss the old W&W When they used to produce trance that took you on a journey instead off an over the top drop. Now they have succumb to producing big room/trouse/whatever like many other trance artists nowadays. i hate to say it, but my gods A&B have too :/

anyone going to EDC & Is interested in hearing some pure trance i highly Recommend Simon Patterson, indecent noise and Bryan Kearney.

Yea they kinda did the same thing showtek did from hardstyle

They're popularity has gone thru the roof and the amount of bread they're making has most likely gone up with it though

If people "sell out" early in their careers it's one thing imo

But if they pay their dues and leave a bunch of great tracks before they do

Then I ain't eem mad

And btw when I say selling out it doesn't necessarily mean I don't like their stuff. Lift off gets me hyped! Lol just means that I think they went the "edm" route or whatever you wanna call it for reasons other than artistry, passion, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom