ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

I mean I don't see how it can be different.

Look at the size of the list.

first of all quality > quantity.

second, it could be a lot different.
there are so many artists out there that they could be booking, yet they recycle the same lineup all teh time.
like ive said before, even the techno/house djs are the same ones every festival. not just edc vegas. at every insomniac festival.

just look at the line ups for other festivals, even just the ones in north america like movement(demf), mutek, decibel, bpm, and even ultra.
not to mention european festivals like sonar.

they keep emphasizing that its about the "experience" and not the lineups themselves, yet instead of taking some risks by booking
"non mainstream" artists, they keep booking the same ol djs over n over.

let me add, to be fair though, edc/insomniac is just catering to their audience. but still. could be so much better.

Last edited:
i saw just blaze with baauer it was hands down one of the livest shows I was at. the floor was shaking so much I was legit kinda scared it was going to collapse. =x

like i said i want to cover almost all genres. not just electro / dubstep / house all day.

I'm definitely catching above and beyond. and maybe one other trance act.

I'm def planning on checking out art department

btw is bass house a real genre? really liked hanna wants stuff as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
i saw just blaze with baauer it was hands down one of the livest shows I was at. the floor was shaking so much I was legit kinda scared it was going to collapse. =x

this had to be at webster hall

the floor there gets shockwaves going through it when its packed

Last edited:

like i said i want to cover almost all genres. not just electro / dubstep / house all day.

I'm definitely catching above and beyond. and maybe one other trance act.

I'm def planning on checking out art department

btw is bass house a real genre? really liked hanna wants stuff as previously mentioned.

i dont listen to trance anymore at all, but i do still like to check out trance djs at festivals.
i like to do this when i wanna chill out to some uplifting break downs, and cool out from all teh dancing while smoking a joint.

and art department is cool. caught them at a warehouse party a while back. im not the biggest fan of
their sound, nor the other stuff crosstown rebel label puts out, the slower "hipster house", but they threw down
a good set with a mixture of house and techno.

and bass house? i dont think so lol. dont get caught up in the names and sub genres.
but as far as "bass-y" house, just check out dirtybird records stuff. lots of 808 sounds on their tracks.

live streaming maya jane coles essential mix right now.

groovin in my chair at work!!

she always brings it proper!

Last edited:
daftpunkhlemets.jpg

Just made a mix recently lmk what you guys think...not alot of known bangers..but they will be...or atleast i think so...check it out

http://snd.sc/12IiiE7

Tracklist:
Sub Focus - Endorphins (feat. Alex Clare)
Supermode - Tell Me Why (ESQUIRE NuFunK Remix)
Dirty Dutch Visionaire - Envision (Original Mix)
ZROQ - Scream Like This (Original Mix)
DallasK - Alienz (Original Mix)
Dimitri Vegas, Like Mike & GTA Feat. Wolfpack - Turn It Up (Original Mix)
Ralvero - **** What U Heard (Original Mix)
Jonathan Pitch - Slick (Original Mix)
Dannic - Viper (Original Mix)
Chuckie, Dzeko & Torres - Down To This (Original Mix)
Jonathan Pitch - Hands Up (feat. Angus Powell) (Original Mix)
Knife Party - LRAD (Original Mix)
Rivaz Benny Benassi feat. Heather Bright - Tell Me Twice (Original Extended Mix)
MEM - WTF! (Original Mix)
Fine Touch, Maurizio Inzaghi, Jonny Rose - Fine Touch, Maurizio Inzaghi, Jonny Rose - We Gotta Rage (Original)
Dirty Dutch Visionaire - Eclipse (Original Mix)
MONSTA - Messiah (Dirty South Extended Remix)
Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky (Will Afonso Remix)
Animal Kingdom - Strange Attractor (Dzeko & Torres Remix)

Last edited:
thiiisss guyyy LOL

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201304/avicii-tim-bergling-profile-gq-april-2013

smh at this part here.

"He should know, because Avicii kind of came out of nowhere. Four years ago, Tim Bergling was a high school kid in Stockholm, remixing songs on his laptop in the style of house-music acts like Swedish House Mafia and posting the results in the comments sections of music blogs. While his parents were confounded by the "constant donk-donk thumping" coming out of their youngest son's bedroom, his ear for melody caught the attention of Ash Pournouri, an ambitious then 26-year-old club promoter who could see the electronic-music boom coming and wanted in on it. Pournouri asked the 18-year-old to coffee, figuring at least he could use his connections to help him get some club gigs. But after Tim warily ambled up, all disheveled-Viking hipster, a grander vision began to take shape. "He started saying all of these things like, 'I'm going to make you the biggest artist; we're going to get there in two years; you're going to be bigger than that guy and that guy,' " Tim recalls.

Before Pournouri could make him the biggest DJ in all the land, however, he had to teach him how to DJ, which was something Tim had never actually done before. Thanks to computers, these days, DJing is mostly "before work," Tim explains. Most of the set list and transitions are worked out before he gets onstage. The notion of a DJ who determines what to play by reading the room "feels like something a lot of older DJs are saying to kind of desperately cling on staying relevant."

This is not to say there isn't some skill involved. "I kinda know what's going to work," he says, pulling up a screen of cardiogram-like shapes on his laptop, which he identifies as songs. "You have to retain the energy level throughout the set," he explains, moving the shapes around until they fit together, like Tetris pieces. "You can't just start out with an energetic song; you have to build up to it."

Since so much of it is predetermined, I ask, what is he doing onstage? He sure looks busy as hell up there: Twisting knobs and pushing buttons and smiling and dancing. But after watching his show a few times, the only real difference I notice when he twists a button or pushes a knob is that sometimes it gets a little louder or quieter, like he's deploying all of that energy just to change the volume.

"Yeah, it's mostly volume," he shrugs. "Or the faders, when you're starting to mix into another song, you can hear both in your headphones, you get it to where you want and you pull up the fader." "

:lol: he basically admitted he's not a dj

he also says in the article taht he "doesnt dance."

never trust a dj that doesnt dance. lol.

wow he says a bunch of funny/douchey stuff in the article lol

like this part here LOL : "They were really into that new one, the one that goes, brn-nrew-nrew nrew nrew nrew nam,"

Last edited:
I think everyone knows that avicii is an example of a producer that DJs, just like how you have DJs that produce. The key in the game today is that you have to do both to make it big, can't just do one or the other really well.

Crazy how he's pretty open with admitting that his whole style has a formula and admits that one of the hooks on his songs is stupid so that it has mass appeal. I don't think I've ever read a producer just straight up say I make watered down music :lol:

Last edited:
the new fabric mix by sandwell district is out. highly recommend it.

the first party with techno that i ever went to was with sandwell district (regis & function) doing a analog/digital hybrid live set with a 909 and everything.
needless to say ive been hooked on techno ever since. shes an unforgiving mistress.

Avicii has never tried to pass himself off as a legit DJ. He's a producer. That feature was great, because he basically told everyone he's trolling them, but they eat it up. It's not his fault that he's making money off it.

Maybe I just need to go to a festival to fully experience all this new stuff coming out cuz im not feeling 90% of it

It's starting to remind me of hip hop at around 07 when I was in high school and all that weak simple repetitive south music was infesting radio and tv. I had to dig into the underground and into the past classics to find music I can actually feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom