ITT: Everything Electro/Dubstep/House/Trance Music

If you live in NY and are into tech, you need to hit up Output in BK (Williamsburg).

No table/bottle service, and no picture/video taking allowed.

Been there twice, both good times :pimp:

If you live in NY and are into tech, you need to hit up Output in BK (Williamsburg).

No table/bottle service, and no picture/video taking allowed.

Been there twice, both good times :pimp:

is that like a new thing? referring to techno/tech house as "tech"? ive never heard anyone use it as a stand alone term like that until recently.

ive heard good things about output. also judging from the lineups, blkmarket membership sounds like a good time too.
ive had my eye on some spots/parties in NYC in case i visit.

Any Drum n Bass heads out here?

im not too knowledgeable about dnb, but i know the kind i like and the kind i dont like.

i dont like the jump up/clownstep stuff. i like the deep, liquid/atmospheric jungle type stuff. like ltj bukem type stuff.

put me on some good tracks man

Last edited:
Of course.  Liquid DnB is the best.

Clownstep is indeed horrible 99% of the time though I won't lie when the mood strikes...it goes hard.

My favorite varieties

1. Liquid DnB

2. (Ragga) Jungle (DnB with a reggae influence)

3. Sambass/Drum n Bossa (DnB with a brazilian influence, mostly samba and bossa nova

4. Old School stuff...

(this is the track that launched DNB really...its not a mix.  the song really is 21 minutes long)

another classic

Last edited:
Of course.  Liquid DnB is the best.
Clownstep is indeed horrible 99% of the time though I won't lie when the mood strikes...it goes hard.

i love the ragga jungle track. ive heard the sambass stuff b4 which i also love.
and that goldie track and the album is definitely timeless.

and i gotta agree with you, i cant deny that ive rocked out to some jump up at festivals b4 lol.
but i cant listen to the stuff lol

i think DnB is gonna make a comeback, as all things go in cycles.
dubstep pretty much replaced DnB at festivals the past few years,
but id love to see DnB make its way back.

its so hard to find a good underground jungle/dnb party tho. i dont think ive ever properly experienced the jungle vibe.
i would love to tho.

i love the ragga jungle track. ive heard the sambass stuff b4 which i also love.
and that goldie track and the album is definitely timeless.

and i gotta agree with you, i cant deny that ive rocked out to some jump up at festivals b4 lol.
but i cant listen to the stuff lol

i think DnB is gonna make a comeback, as all things go in cycles.
dubstep pretty much replaced DnB at festivals the past few years,
but id love to see DnB make its way back.

its so hard to find a good underground jungle/dnb party tho. i dont think ive ever properly experienced the jungle vibe.
i would love to tho.

Agree 100%. I may sound like a Debby downer but I think while overall DnB will come back, ragga jungle wont. May find a few underground clubs that play it but most big venues won't play it imo.

My boy just did his new mix check it out and give some feedback thanks NT fam 
nthat.gif

Personally wasn't feeling the tracks though the way you mixed it was pretty good.

I feel like people who are new to EDM/most casual American listeners would enjoy it.

Agree 100%. I may sound like a Debby downer but I think while overall DnB will come back, ragga jungle wont. May find a few underground clubs that play it but most big venues won't play it imo.
I think considering how many of the past fabric CDs have been DnB, it's safe to say that DnB hasn't entirely gone away. Fabric is not the only place that holds regular DnB nights. Rinse still has several jungle / DnB DJs, most notably, Uncle Dugs. However, whether or not it will make a comeback in a big way, I don't know that it needs to. I guess only in America it would need to, but seeing as how Goldie and others still draw big crowds, that may not be necessary for a lot of the DJs / artists. I mean, Marcus Intalex / Trevino still releases a lot of stuff as Marcus Intalex.

This week's FACT mix from Prosumer is good, a lot of disco, etc - kind of like a DJ Harvey mix minus the heavy balearic/psychadelic vibe.

http://www.factmag.com/2013/06/03/fact-mix-385-prosumer/

I just want disco house to come back to the forefront.  From 1995-2003 none of the greatest songs of the era lacked a disco sample (except for maybe One More Time, and even that is in dispute).

Went to see kaskade in OC last night. Damn he was good. Played alot of tunes I didn't know. Straight jackin house. My goodness. Too bad I'll never hear him spin deep stuff for a long *** time lol. He was godly.

Went to see kaskade in OC last night. Damn he was good. Played alot of tunes I didn't know. Straight jackin house. My goodness. Too bad I'll never hear him spin deep stuff for a long *** time lol. He was godly.
Jackin house..i thought the jacking dance was dead.
I don't know, man. This is from 1999, and still owns.

Ooooo...this is indeed nice. *proceeds to download*

Wouldnt call it one of the best songs of the era.

Jackin house..i thought the jacking dance was dead.

yea jackin as a standalone dance has been dead since the 80-90s chicago era, but it is one of the foundations of what we now call "house dance".
jackin, footwork, and "lofting" are the 3 major foundations of house dance. if you see a good house dancer they are almost always "jacking",
as in their hips/torsos are always bouncing up and down even when theyre doing a step like loose legs.

theres a guy dancing in his space jams in the last video. i would never house dance in my space jams lol

but yea when people say jacking house these days theyre not really referring to the dance. theyre just referring
to the harder, less soulful/deep sound of the track that makes you wanan jack.

btw anyone know what the 1st track on the 1st video is? been hearing it for a while, never did figure it out.

speaking of jacking, i like this track. heard it on some of the movement sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom