iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

Extra organized ftw
pimp.gif
Now I just have to work on getting all my poor-quality music up to good/great quality. Some of my songs are actually under 128 kbps
sick.gif
smh.gif
It's gonna take a ******ed amount of time to make this *$!% all >192.

Also, is the new iTunes worth downloading? Version 9.2?

Extra organized ftw
pimp.gif
Now I just have to work on getting all my poor-quality music up to good/great quality. Some of my songs are actually under 128 kbps
sick.gif
smh.gif
It's gonna take a ******ed amount of time to make this *$!% all >192.

Also, is the new iTunes worth downloading? Version 9.2?

Originally Posted by Physicx

organizing my itunes by genre is im-#!+$+%%-possible

otherwise i think its pretty spot on
Yes. I don't even attempt to organize by genre. Many of the artist I listen to, I'm not sure what genre they fit in or could fit in multiple genres.

Like others have said though, I organize mine as I go.

hv2nm0.png

Originally Posted by Physicx

organizing my itunes by genre is im-#!+$+%%-possible

otherwise i think its pretty spot on
Yes. I don't even attempt to organize by genre. Many of the artist I listen to, I'm not sure what genre they fit in or could fit in multiple genres.

Like others have said though, I organize mine as I go.

hv2nm0.png

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Have any of you tinkered with the ID3 tags on iTunes itself? I.e., has anyone added/corrected an ID3 tag manually on iTunes?

I'm thinking about doing this, but don't know how to start really.

iTunes does allow me to "Convert ID3 Tags" from "None" to "v1.0-v2.4" (select a song then Control+Click on Mac), but I don't know which version to select and I don't want to mess my library up.

My library is as impeccable as it can get (after an absurd amount of time spent organizing it). It just needs the correct metadata for all songs.

If you are going to convert the tag convert them to ID3 Tag v2.3 because not every media player can read v2.4. It won't change the metadata.
Once I converted my library to v2.4 and WMP 12 couldn't read the metadata.
I didn't really care until I went to listen to my music on my Xbox 360. All my songs were in an "Unknown" Album
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

When you import the song into another media player all the info will already be there when you have an ID3 Tag.

If a song doesn't play after converting download mp3val and scan your whole iTunes library and let the program fix any songs that have errors. The song will work after it is fixed.

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Have any of you tinkered with the ID3 tags on iTunes itself? I.e., has anyone added/corrected an ID3 tag manually on iTunes?

I'm thinking about doing this, but don't know how to start really.

iTunes does allow me to "Convert ID3 Tags" from "None" to "v1.0-v2.4" (select a song then Control+Click on Mac), but I don't know which version to select and I don't want to mess my library up.

My library is as impeccable as it can get (after an absurd amount of time spent organizing it). It just needs the correct metadata for all songs.

If you are going to convert the tag convert them to ID3 Tag v2.3 because not every media player can read v2.4. It won't change the metadata.
Once I converted my library to v2.4 and WMP 12 couldn't read the metadata.
I didn't really care until I went to listen to my music on my Xbox 360. All my songs were in an "Unknown" Album
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

When you import the song into another media player all the info will already be there when you have an ID3 Tag.

If a song doesn't play after converting download mp3val and scan your whole iTunes library and let the program fix any songs that have errors. The song will work after it is fixed.

Someday, when I have time, I will organize my iTunes.

Mine isn't that bad.  However, I do have some unknown albums and some artist are mismatched due to uploading burned cd's (
smh.gif
)

Someday, when I have time, I will organize my iTunes.

Mine isn't that bad.  However, I do have some unknown albums and some artist are mismatched due to uploading burned cd's (
smh.gif
)

Originally Posted by quik1987

What do y'all do when those new singles come out with no artwork available?
This is what really irks me, I sometimes throw it in with their album or a mixtape
laugh.gif

I work almost everyday on my iTunes keeping it with the right info and album art
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Bunch of stuff in my iTunes that my brother adds that has no AA and it gets me
mad.gif
mad.gif
sometimes

This is what really irks me, I sometimes throw it in with their album or a mixtape
laugh.gif

I work almost everyday on my iTunes keeping it with the right info and album art
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Bunch of stuff in my iTunes that my brother adds that has no AA and it gets me
mad.gif
mad.gif
sometimes

my girl use to threaten to delete my itunes and leave me because I use to spend so much time organizing my music. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

30k61ac.png

my girl use to threaten to delete my itunes and leave me because I use to spend so much time organizing my music. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

30k61ac.png

This thread has inspired me to organize my itunes library.
laugh.gif

So far so good.

This thread has inspired me to organize my itunes library.
laugh.gif

So far so good.

I'll just PS some quick artwork for it. Or
a) use a picture of the artist
b) wait until the single artwork releases

I'll just PS some quick artwork for it. Or
a) use a picture of the artist
b) wait until the single artwork releases

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

For some reason, I cant' get that black iTunes skin to work
smh.gif
Did you make sure to download the correct version? The one linked was the one for Macs so if you're using windows you have to click the link near the bottom of the entry. It looks
pimp.gif

This thread is super informative just like the last one was.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

For some reason, I cant' get that black iTunes skin to work
smh.gif
Did you make sure to download the correct version? The one linked was the one for Macs so if you're using windows you have to click the link near the bottom of the entry. It looks
pimp.gif

This thread is super informative just like the last one was.

Back
Top Bottom