iTunes Organizational Thread....tricks, tips, questions.....

I just organize as I download, It's the easiest way
pimp.gif

finally finished organizing mine last night
pimp.gif

fvyb6f.png

Only thing I might do in the future is organize them by genre and make new playlists based of my favorite producers (neptunes produced tracks, kanye , alchemist etc.)

finally finished organizing mine last night
pimp.gif

fvyb6f.png

Only thing I might do in the future is organize them by genre and make new playlists based of my favorite producers (neptunes produced tracks, kanye , alchemist etc.)

This is what mine is looking like now after countless hours importing it from my HP to my new Macbook, more than anything else I hate when my tracks don't play in the correct order that it is on the actual album. It's a pain in the +%$ editing all that stuff on your own, but I wouldn't have it any other way

This is what mine is looking like now after countless hours importing it from my HP to my new Macbook, more than anything else I hate when my tracks don't play in the correct order that it is on the actual album. It's a pain in the +%$ editing all that stuff on your own, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Originally Posted by JD214

pimp.gif
Exactly. You gotta build a library. Don't go nuts and get 20,000 songs, then one day say 'Damn. I listen to 10% of this, and can't find %*%$ for %*%$. I should do something about this.'
You're better off deleting everything you don't listen to, planned on listening to but didn't for more than 3 months or is just so badly labeled it's offensive. Work your way up, not down.

Originally Posted by JD214

pimp.gif
Exactly. You gotta build a library. Don't go nuts and get 20,000 songs, then one day say 'Damn. I listen to 10% of this, and can't find %*%$ for %*%$. I should do something about this.'
You're better off deleting everything you don't listen to, planned on listening to but didn't for more than 3 months or is just so badly labeled it's offensive. Work your way up, not down.

what do you guys do with songs that aren't from an album? I hate havin a bunch of "Unknown Album" tracks scattered all over the place
smh.gif

what do you guys do with songs that aren't from an album? I hate havin a bunch of "Unknown Album" tracks scattered all over the place
smh.gif

They have to be on SOMETHING (mixtape volume whatever). If not, make an album called misc and mixtapes for that artist and put a pic of them. Thats what I did for some mixtapes that I don't know the name of.

I recently organized my itunes as well. Its very frustrating but its worth it.

They have to be on SOMETHING (mixtape volume whatever). If not, make an album called misc and mixtapes for that artist and put a pic of them. Thats what I did for some mixtapes that I don't know the name of.

I recently organized my itunes as well. Its very frustrating but its worth it.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Yep.
T.I. Misc.
Wiz Khalifa Misc
etc.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Yep.
T.I. Misc.
Wiz Khalifa Misc
etc.

Have any of you tinkered with the ID3 tags on iTunes itself? I.e., has anyone added/corrected an ID3 tag manually on iTunes?

I'm thinking about doing this, but don't know how to start really.

iTunes does allow me to "Convert ID3 Tags" from "None" to "v1.0-v2.4" (select a song then Control+Click on Mac), but I don't know which version to select and I don't want to mess my library up.

My library is as impeccable as it can get (after an absurd amount of time spent organizing it). It just needs the correct metadata for all songs.

Have any of you tinkered with the ID3 tags on iTunes itself? I.e., has anyone added/corrected an ID3 tag manually on iTunes?

I'm thinking about doing this, but don't know how to start really.

iTunes does allow me to "Convert ID3 Tags" from "None" to "v1.0-v2.4" (select a song then Control+Click on Mac), but I don't know which version to select and I don't want to mess my library up.

My library is as impeccable as it can get (after an absurd amount of time spent organizing it). It just needs the correct metadata for all songs.

organizing my itunes by genre is im-#!+$+%%-possible

otherwise i think its pretty spot on

organizing my itunes by genre is im-#!+$+%%-possible

otherwise i think its pretty spot on

Back
Top Bottom