Iverson to the Pistons

anybody that knows ANYTHING about basketball knows that if you WANT TO WIN you simply cannot have a player like A.I. running your offense!!! THIS IS NOT AVIDEOGAME!!!

This goes for my teams too, idk how the experiment with AJ Abrams handling our PG responsibilities is going to go
ohwell.gif

SERIOUSLY though you "fans" think A.I. is going to make that team better?
This is clearly a vote of confidence in Stuckey imo. A.i. is just a tool to get cap room

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

the %*@% man
indifferent.gif

i don't want to be a pistons fan
smh.gif

my girl lives in michigan..so it sorta works out

but still
i hate that organization.
this is some BS
laugh.gif
that's some trillapino reasoning....

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

To the person asking when the last big shot Chauncey made was, didn't he hit a 3 to win against the celtics last year early in the season? I seem to remember him breaking Rondo's ankles and pulling up for a game winner. Was I just imagining that? If not, then that is the last big shot I saw him hit, and I only see 3 or 4 Pistons games a year.

No. He pulled up from the free throw line and drew a foul on Tony Allen. He hit the free throws to ice it.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

anybody that knows ANYTHING about basketball knows that if you WANT TO WIN you simply cannot have a player like A.I. running your offense!!! THIS IS NOT A VIDEOGAME!!!

This goes for my teams too, idk how the experiment with AJ Abrams handling our PG responsibilities is going to go
ohwell.gif
How is A.I. running the offense? He's not going to be the primary ball handler and he has already proven that he can carry a team to theFinals. He's older, but he still puts up numbers and he has significantly more weapons at his disposal than he did on his Sixers teams. I'll be curiousto see how he responds since this is his best shot at a title.

I can't see how this move can be defended from Denver's perspective. They dumped salary in the Camby trade only to ruin their flexibility in the futurewith this one. It's really hard to contend and rebuild at the same time and the Nuggets broke the most important rule by screwing up their cap space.

this is a better deal for the nuggets. you need to make melo the go-to guy. with iverson, he just holds the ball too much. melo needs everything to be aroundhim and i think with that, he'll reach his potential. now he has shooters in billups and smith on the perimeter so you can put melo at the high post andlet him go to work.

pistons will still be good. but iverson jsut holds the ball way too much for him to be effective with that team. the best team iverson was on was when he gotfree reign over the offense and did whatever he wanted.

Billups to the Western Conference
eek.gif
. Dude didn't score that much thisseason yet, let's hope he scores more, word to my yahoo fantasy being 2nd to last
laugh.gif
But that's interesting trade. I'm not too sure what to think about it. I would say it spices up the Western Conference, because the more I thinkabout it, I think Billups fits in decently in _enver.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by 22 Deuces 22

im confused, so its....

PG- Stuck
SG- RIP
SF- Prince
PF/C- Wallace
PF/C- Maxiell

6th- A.I.............off the bench and the closer????

Mcdyess to the Lakers!!!!! Do it Mitch!!!
*+!$.

Words cannot describe how much I hate Lakers fans. I just absolutely cannot stand them.
laugh.gif

1. Maxiell doesn't even start
2. IF he did, he wouldn't be a Center
roll.gif
roll.gif
3. Why would the Lakers want Mcdyess, they have too many big men already they dont need another one.
2. A.I. CAN NOT play PG nor can he run an offense nor is he even going to pick up the offense for at least a month... thats just dumb to throw a washed up scorer to run a offense he does know!!!!!!! .... + Stuck is the truth imo
3. PF and C are interchangeable positions in the Eastern Conference..and if Maxiell is not starting he SHOULD... dude is a beast

Step your game up!
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I read that Joe D reaaaaaally likes Iverson...maybe it's that hunger and intensity that Allen plays with.

I think that is exactly what this group of complacent veterans need...someone to spark a fire, kind of like what Ben Wallace used to do (defensively)

One thing that you can't deny is that Iverson creates offense. Detroit scores in the regular season like it's nobody's business but has alwaysstruggled in the playoffs to score points...one of the reasons they were so high on Stuckey is because they finally have a guy who can create his own shot. Idon't know if you guys remembered or even watched any Detroit playoff series last year, but for a while most of the guys just watched as Stuckey kind ofdid is one on one thing.

Oh and about all that cap space when Iverson comes off the books...BOSH in 2010 baby
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dumars really is a genius. He gets to rent Iverson for a year, which is great for the Pistons as it gives them a true go-to scorer, and a great tandem ofscoring guards who can still play defense. After this year, we will lose AI's contract, and after already getting rid of Chauncey's, have money to makea run at some of the BIG name free agents. LeBron to Detroit? I doubt it will happen, but is that what Joe is gunning for?

I like this deal. Denver gets two positions filled that needed healthier and/or pass friendly players, and Iverson will have a much easier time in the eastgoing for a ring to complete his career. Not to mention detroit needed some offense. My nuggets are starting to look sharp, too bad we couldn't have keptCamby, and once we ship off Nene overpriced @@@, I'm going to pop bottles.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

this is a better deal for the nuggets. you need to make melo the go-to guy. with iverson, he just holds the ball too much. melo needs everything to be around him and i think with that, he'll reach his potential. now he has shooters in billups and smith on the perimeter so you can put melo at the high post and let him go to work.

pistons will still be good. but iverson jsut holds the ball way too much for him to be effective with that team. the best team iverson was on was when he got free reign over the offense and did whatever he wanted.

Melo is my boy...but he is NOT going to post anyone up...he wants to shoot threes
tired.gif

did anyone notice that he cut his hair?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait rip just got a new 3 year deal and is suppose to be coming off the bench now?

Who said Rip is coming off the bench ?

I would be insulted if I was RIP.

Does anyone else think Detroit just needs to bend at A.I.'s will on the offense and continue to play defense as they have for quite some time? I mean, theonly working formula for A.I. has been to surround him with a defensive squad. When Philly began to decline, they started bringing in offensive counterparts tocomplement Iverson. A.I. is a loophole on the D so you can't even think to put another one like him on the floor at the same time.

I think the only way to truly be successful is to have the offense tailored through him, while the defensive reigns fall on the rest of his team (and him aswell). What that will mean is that he dominates the ball of course, whether at PG or SG, doesn't really matter. He is a very effective PG dishing out 7.1over the last few seasons, even before getting to Denver.

I was straight HATED the way Philly declined, with players such as Dalembert (still hate him) and Iggy is ight, but something is missing. He has never beengiven another chance to carry a DECENT offensive team, with exceptional defense. I still think know my dudecan carry an offense, get his 30 ppg, and be successful with a group of defense-oriented players.

People gotta realize this man is a rare breed of player that can't really fit any regular mold. You can win with him with the previously mentioned formula.

honestly, what makes you think otherwise? ^^

If anything, he's playing better.

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by nyk buc

this is a better deal for the nuggets. you need to make melo the go-to guy. with iverson, he just holds the ball too much. melo needs everything to be around him and i think with that, he'll reach his potential. now he has shooters in billups and smith on the perimeter so you can put melo at the high post and let him go to work.

pistons will still be good. but iverson jsut holds the ball way too much for him to be effective with that team. the best team iverson was on was when he got free reign over the offense and did whatever he wanted.

Melo is my boy...but he is NOT going to post anyone up...he wants to shoot threes
tired.gif

did anyone notice that he cut his hair?
melo scored 31ppg b4 denver acquired iverson shooting 49%. with the offense around him now, he'll do his thing. plus, it'll force him tobe the leader.

Forget the trade.....
A.I has been on the same team for 11yrs and now this is his second in a couple of years.
Kobe Bryant still be whooping that ***
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom