J cole = new beanie siegal/peedi crack

Cole World 22 wrote:
LMAO. Some of y'all are a joke. Dude really just criticized "Before I'm Gone," talkin' about give it to another rapper.

It's very apparent who actually listens to lyrics, and who just wants to listen to a beat/hook and dance. The latter are clowns, and prefer clown music. J. Cole is not for the latter. J. Cole is for real ni**as, not clowns.Go listen to lame %#! Kanye if that's what you call "exciting music."

You're a groupie who would let J. Cole smash to get in the liner notes of his debut album though.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

im struggling to pay attention to friday night lights.......he can rap, but there's no charisma....its like he's not selling

da rhymes he's telling you.
I'll disagree with this.
rhymes on paper =/= spoken raps

he's gotta change his approach.....his inflections is NON existent.

I don't know, we obviously have different preferences or opinions on that, but to me on almost the whole Friday Night Lights, I felt like I knew the little bummy looking shorty he rapped he was, like I saw the Student Loan bills in the mail he rapped about. The chick he knew from back in the day that got a couple baby daddy's now, but still look good... she live next door to me.... See world was extra inflicting to me as well...

those are just a few joints off the top, but to sum it up a little swifter...

I didn't check for Cole until I heard The Warmup mixtape, the Friday Night Lights did it for me. I am nothing close a college student or ever was and I can still appreciate whatever b.s. son went through and felt he could rap about like if I was still paying off loans or something.

I don't know, he's good money with me.

Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

im struggling to pay attention to friday night lights.......he can rap, but there's no charisma....its like he's not selling

da rhymes he's telling you.
I'll disagree with this.
rhymes on paper =/= spoken raps

he's gotta change his approach.....his inflections is NON existent.

I don't know, we obviously have different preferences or opinions on that, but to me on almost the whole Friday Night Lights, I felt like I knew the little bummy looking shorty he rapped he was, like I saw the Student Loan bills in the mail he rapped about. The chick he knew from back in the day that got a couple baby daddy's now, but still look good... she live next door to me.... See world was extra inflicting to me as well...

those are just a few joints off the top, but to sum it up a little swifter...

I didn't check for Cole until I heard The Warmup mixtape, the Friday Night Lights did it for me. I am nothing close a college student or ever was and I can still appreciate whatever b.s. son went through and felt he could rap about like if I was still paying off loans or something.

I don't know, he's good money with me.

J.Cole doesnt rap with passion???
laugh.gif
 The hunger in his voice is hella apparent.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Man at first I couldn't understand what dudes where talking about when they used to say J. Cole was boring. That is until I listed to Friday Night Lights.

Lyrically dude is nice, but I feel like once you've heard one J.Cole song you've pretty much heard them all.

Have to agree. 
I can't believe someone said he is "too profound" for our ears. Seriously? 
laugh.gif

Man at first I couldn't understand what dudes where talking about when they used to say J. Cole was boring. That is until I listed to Friday Night Lights.

Lyrically dude is nice, but I feel like once you've heard one J.Cole song you've pretty much heard them all.

Have to agree. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Evertime someone says J.Cole is boring I think aout how everybody was sayin jst a few years ago that rap lacks substance and how its dead and this and that...

"I thought that real +%!* is what you been fiendin bout, what you been prayin fo, what you been screamin bout. Ironic you been sleepin on the same one you dreamin about"

This > rappers rappin bout weed and tatoos in every song *kanye shrug*
okay. sooooooo let's use aquemini as an example. substancce. . . .but far from boring. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Evertime someone says J.Cole is boring I think aout how everybody was sayin jst a few years ago that rap lacks substance and how its dead and this and that...

"I thought that real +%!* is what you been fiendin bout, what you been prayin fo, what you been screamin bout. Ironic you been sleepin on the same one you dreamin about"

This > rappers rappin bout weed and tatoos in every song *kanye shrug*
okay. sooooooo let's use aquemini as an example. substancce. . . .but far from boring. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Have to agree. 
laugh.gif

thats what i dont get... people think if you dont like j cole u must like that +%#$ **$%... if i wanna hear lyrical rap imma listen to somebody who does it in an entertaining fashion... ie Lupe...

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Have to agree. 
laugh.gif

thats what i dont get... people think if you dont like j cole u must like that +%#$ **$%... if i wanna hear lyrical rap imma listen to somebody who does it in an entertaining fashion... ie Lupe...

I'll reserve my judgement for when he releases a STUDIO album, you know something that other producers help craft for him and the label puts money behind.

Can't judge a rapper off of mixtapes alone, but hey that's just me

I'll reserve my judgement for when he releases a STUDIO album, you know something that other producers help craft for him and the label puts money behind.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Why not, seeing as he produced most of it himself and it's his best work to date.  You're not going to get more genuine music than that and any studio album he drops will be pretty close to Friday Night Lights with possibly 2 or 3 more commercially appealing tracks.

Why not, seeing as he produced most of it himself and it's his best work to date.  You're not going to get more genuine music than that and any studio album he drops will be pretty close to Friday Night Lights with possibly 2 or 3 more commercially appealing tracks.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Oh, you misinterpreted my post. I'm a  fan of all his work. My post was directed at all the people in here judging him like his performance on his mixtapes (which were great IMO) are the end all be all

Studio albums with the backing and money from a label can sound 10x more polished than a mixtape and in his case I think his debut will if it's handled by the right people.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Oh, you misinterpreted my post. I'm a  fan of all his work. My post was directed at all the people in here judging him like his performance on his mixtapes (which were great IMO) are the end all be all

Studio albums with the backing and money from a label can sound 10x more polished than a mixtape and in his case I think his debut will if it's handled by the right people.

He raps well. Very well at times. But it really is hard to listen to 20 J. Cole songs in a row.

And he honestly doesn't say anything that should go over anybody's head. He sets his punches up and winks after them. They're cool though...for the most part. I mean, he's no Lupe. He's just a regular guy who can rap. Nothing really extraordinary. I don't think you can point to the thing he does that's really special.

I like Cole...but I really only listen to him when I can't decide what else to listen to. I'm not sure what that means.

He raps well. Very well at times. But it really is hard to listen to 20 J. Cole songs in a row.

And he honestly doesn't say anything that should go over anybody's head. He sets his punches up and winks after them. They're cool though...for the most part. I mean, he's no Lupe. He's just a regular guy who can rap. Nothing really extraordinary. I don't think you can point to the thing he does that's really special.

I like Cole...but I really only listen to him when I can't decide what else to listen to. I'm not sure what that means.

His appeal now is the same as Drake's in the beginning.

Raw, still developing rap, but mixed in with some realistic rhymes that most people can relate to.

I think that's why I fu_k with the young man so much, he's just being real.

His appeal now is the same as Drake's in the beginning.

Raw, still developing rap, but mixed in with some realistic rhymes that most people can relate to.

I think that's why I fu_k with the young man so much, he's just being real.

Back
Top Bottom