[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Way more pleased with this album than Born Sinner. Love the promotion for the album too.. it's all love. 

https://spinrilla.com/mixtapes/j-cole-forest-hills-drive-chopped-not-slopped-remix

08677523c64c07ac6e52.jpg

:smokin

Barbershop Talk : getting a cut earlier and my barber started arguing about how trash the J.Cole album was " he stated that Cole isn't hiphop because "apparently " is getting radio play and he went on with this other dude that was cutting hair next to him saying that Ace Hood starvation was better than 2014 Forest Hills drive this whole time I'm sitting there heated ready to say something but I realize Dude have my hairline in his hands . Didn't wanna risk wolfing for another 1 month I said F it I'm gonna take that L and not school these dudes . But at the end of the day everyone is gonna have their opinions .

Last edited:
True words of wisdom or just plain common sense. Just like I definitely wouldn't want my dentist to be distracted if I was getting work done hhaha

Barbershop Talk : getting a cut earlier and my barber started arguing about how trash the J.Cole album was " he stated that Cole isn't hiphop because "apparently " is getting radio play and he went on with this other dude that was cutting hair next to him saying that Ace Hood starvation was better than 2014 Forest Hills drive this whole time I'm sitting there heated ready to say something but I realize Dude have my hairline in his hands . Didn't wanna risk wolfing for another 1 month I said F it I'm gonna take that L and not school these dudes . But at the end of the day everyone is gonna have their opinions .
Smart move bruh lol. Son gotta be from florida repping ace hood like that though.

I don't get the "hello" dislike 
laugh.gif

I love that track but I'm always a fan of those type of tracks 

I don't get the "hello" dislike :lol:

I love that track but I'm always a fan of those type of tracks 

I love that track too.

Same here. I think people complaining about the singing on the album is missing the point. It's not supposed to sound in key or like Jeremih...lol

It's supposed to be more like harmonizing your thoughts if that makes sense...

Man if only he officially released that Letterman version of Be Free as a single or at least bonus track...

Coulda been so much bigger during these past few months of tradgedy

good to finally hear some new cole. album was pretty dope, imo better than born sinner fosho.

I mess with "Hello" pretty heavy and I just started interpreting the song differently which only makes me appreciate it even more.

Yall tell me if I yall think I'm reaching but I actually think the track is about his relationship with Rap/Hip-Hop and Fame and not a woman.

If you sit with the lyrics I think you will be able to make the connections."Being together" is being the number 1 guy. The "kids" are his peers, more than likely Drake and K.Dot.

I think he is reflecting, reminiscing and finally coming to terms or being more comfortable about his status in the game. He is no longer caught up w wanting that title.

I dont think its far fetched at all since Cole has done this a few times in the past... most recently the "TKO remix" and "May the Bitter Man win" both of those verses you would think are about a girl but they are not.

I mess with "Hello" pretty heavy and I just started interpreting the song differently which only makes me appreciate it even more.

Yall tell me if I yall think I'm reaching but I actually think the track is about his relationship with Rap/Hip-Hop and Fame and not a woman.

If you sit with the lyrics I think you will be able to make the connections."Being together" is being the number 1 guy. The "kids" are his peers, more than likely Drake and K.Dot.

I think he is reflecting, reminiscing and finally coming to terms or being more comfortable about his status in the game. He is no longer caught up w wanting that title.

I dont think its far fetched at all since Cole has done this a few times in the past... most recently the "TKO remix" and "May the Bitter Man win" both of those verses you would think are about a girl but they are not.

Yea it skips, I thought my cd was scratched but my homie has the album and it does the same thing :lol:

Another 120k. This will probably be his first platinum album.

It's crazy man. Never seen so much public recognition for a Cole album before.

Even when Born Sinner did 300k first week it was basically his whole fan base buzzin.

This time around its his fan base AND everyone else buzzin.

Got TV people like Cari Champion posting it on IG, Actors like Michael B. Jordan and Micheal K. Williams posting it on IG, Charlamagne The God Posting about it multiple times, Rihanna mentioning it to her 28 million followers, and so on. whole bunch of other people with mass followings constantly posting and mentioning the album. It's crazy.

A part of me is sad because as an OG Fan I hate the thought of this much success changing who he is and his music, but the other part of me is proud he's made it this far. And judging by Forest Hills I think his music is heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom