[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Wonder if he Does Tour again and if He'll have Sean on it again. Would be dope if him and Drizzy did a tour together like they did in 2012.......

Wonder if he Does Tour again and if He'll have Sean on it again. Would be dope if him and Drizzy did a tour together like they did in 2012.......

I couldn't imagine Drake & Cole doing a tour together now, it would have to be a co-headliner like Drake vs Wayne and I think their styles are a bit too different for that. Doubt either one would be willing to open for the other when they can both sell out a tour individually.

Album is very J Colish to me.

I knew what I was getting, so I wasn't really excited to listen to this on Friday at 12am.

J Cole is for the fake deep, they use J Cole and Kendrick to balance out the other 99.9% of the stuff they listen to. A lot of young women are like this. See, I like J Cole, I'm not a bird, respect me. I doubt some of them even listen to him like that.

J Cole just doesn't have a lot of replay value for me.

Like I've said before, I like the idea of Cole and that he exist in popular music more than I like his music.

I've thought he needs to stop playing it safe with production and get someone to push him and be more experimental. I don't hear a whole lot of growth as an artist since The Come Up.
Agreed with all. 

As great as some of these songs are, How would any of these songs be good live :lol: album too slow paced

They've made good songs together, but at the stage they're at right now, I couldn't imagine them touring together :lol:. Too much of a contrast in styles

Cole mentioned he won't be touring for a while. I wonder if this is the actual next project of his or if he has something else dropping in 2017.

Album is very J Colish to me.

I knew what I was getting, so I wasn't really excited to listen to this on Friday at 12am.

J Cole is for the fake deep, they use J Cole and Kendrick to balance out the other 99.9% of the stuff they listen to. A lot of young women are like this. See, I like J Cole, I'm not a bird, respect me. I doubt some of them even listen to him like that.

I liked She's Mine
Deja Vu was like a mixtape remix song because of Bryson to me
The Tupac imitations were cool.

J Cole just doesn't have a lot of replay value for me.

Like I've said before, I like the idea of Cole and that he exist in popular music more than I like his music.

I've thought he needs to stop playing it safe with production and get someone to push him and be more experimental. I don't hear a whole lot of growth as an artist since The Come Up.

The Cole clan bout to come :lol:

Nah man. Not all of us stans are delusional.
I didnt see anything outlandish in that review.

Everything Magic said is understandable. Coles been my favorite rapper since the warm up, but his inability to stray too far from his comfort zone when it comes to production and actual construction of songs hurts him a lot. I mean, it doesnt hurt HIM, it hurts the experience we have as fans because we feel like we're hearing redundant music with different lyrics.

You guys gotta stop assuming all Cole fans are just blind stans with no objectivity, **** is getting mad annoying. Not all of us are just rooster riders with no constructive ability to critique his music.

Only issue I had with that "review" was the generalization that Cole is for the "fake deep".

Like I said before, I relate to most of the things he raps about so the replay value is high to me. I don't entertain the opinion of anyone who says he's trash, that's for sure. I do understand if certain people aren't into his music though. Different strokes for different folks.

Actually loving this album, it has a very neo-soul feel to it. It's just very... musical like something the Dungeon Family would have produced once upon a time. Was just listening to DC4 (which I like) and there couldn't be a greater contrast.

I keep coming back to these thoughts:

The final track is one of his best ever.
This thing is too short.
There needs to be a couple tracks to pick this thing's tempo up. Man is it low-key.

I was a huge fan of Cole's mixtapes, but let's be serious, he hasn't made an album better than FNL. He plateaued at FNL and that's unfortunate. I don't think any of his 4 albums have been bad, but they just don't compare.

I think everyone expected him to improve from FNL, just how he improved from the Warm Up, but it hasnt happened.

Cole's music is relatable, but I question when people call it "deep". KRIT, Wale, and Kendrick have all made more conscious songs than Jermaine in his last 3 albums, and IMO, have all made better overall albums. Like somebody said, some women use his music to balance out their ratchetness/ignorance (I literally know one who is JUST like that :lol:)

What I will say is that Cole staying off social media and rarely dropping music/doing interviews between albums has benefited him greatly. I don't think people would hold him in the same regard if he was on Twitter/IG/Snapchat all day and was doing endless features.

Ya think this album was literally for someone? 

To think he may drop another album in 2017? Because I didn't hear none of the instruments in his documentary, "EYEZ" on Youtube. 

Back
Top Bottom