Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

1647805671.png

Billy has to have some kind of undiagnosed mental disorder, dude gave no ****s. Even out on bail dude was still scamming :lol:

No mental illness. Just the drive to wanna do cool **** to stunt for the gram, at any expense :smh:

That is the climate we live in today

Plenty drug dealers go back to pushing while out on bond. This applies to almost anyone who resorts to criminal activities to make a living. Billy is just a criminal that is all.
This isn't a good comparison, drug dealers are usually drug dealers because they don't have many other options. Billy comes from a well off family, dude chooses to be a criminal. That's what's abnormal to me.

Normal people don't do what Billy did
Yea normal people aren’t as stupid :lol:

We gotta stop using “mental health” as the catch all for anything negative somebody does.

Billy is just a ****en moron who thought he was going to look cool on Instagram and bamboozle a ton of people without going jail. Even when he was out on bail he was saying he wasn’t going to jail

This isn't a good comparison, drug dealers are usually drug dealers because they don't have many other options. Billy comes from a well off family, dude chooses to be a criminal. That's what's abnormal to me.

The fact that he comes from a well off family, he's allowed to move in this space, a lot of white collar crime comes from people who are well off to begin with. A lot of drug dealers do have other options, but they want the "life" and choose to be a drug dealer.

We gotta stop using “mental health” as the catch all for anything negative somebody does.

Billy is just a ****en moron who thought he was going to look cool on Instagram and bamboozle a ton of people without going jail. Even when he was out on bail he was saying he wasn’t going to jail
A stupid person isn't able to continually finesse millions of dollar from investors. If this was just some dude who continually sold fraudulent shoes on ebay you'd have a point on the mental illness part because that's not extraordinary. Billy's behavior is extraordinary, he was/is clearly delusional about the consequences he could face for his actions.

Last edited:

When you have an extensive history and pattern of antisocial behaviors, I think it's more than fair to invoke mental health as the culprit.

Doesn't excuse the bad behavior.

The fact that he comes from a well off family, he's allowed to move in this space, a lot of white collar crime comes from people who are well off to begin with. A lot of drug dealers do have other options, but they want the "life" and choose to be a drug dealer.
Having options =/= better than dealing drugs, most drug dealers aren't delusional enough to think they're Escobar man, they're just trying to get by. Like really ask yourself this, who wants to live a life where they have to constantly have their head on a swivel so nobody takes their **** and or kills them in the process?

youngogjosh youngogjosh yea it’s called stupidity :lol:

I respect your point but we’ll agree to disagree.

I just don’t like how “mental health” is being thrown out for everything nowadays, where there is people with real mental health issues and it’s being compared with dumb petty stuff.

Everybody that gets arrested now just claims mental health

youngogjosh youngogjosh
I just don’t like how “mental health” is being thrown out for everything nowadays, where there is people with real mental health issues and it’s being compared with dumb petty stuff.

Everybody that gets arrested now just claims mental health
That's why you assess on an individual basis rather than simply believing everyone that makes the claim or throwing out a blanket denial of such claims.

Read the Mayo Clinic's link on Antisocial Personality Disorder and see how close it fits Billy.

He's just a privileged, narcissistic POS. You can cal it mental health if you'd like, because most criminals fall under some spectrum of "mental health" if you go by the DSM-5. But as we've seen with school shooters and urban street violence, not everyone is afforded the same luxury of being able to use mental health as factoring into their misdeeds.

Last edited:
Having options =/= better than dealing drugs, most drug dealers aren't delusional enough to think they're Escobar man, they're just trying to get by. Like really ask yourself this, who wants to live a life where they have to constantly have their head on a swivel so nobody takes their **** and or kills them in the process?

You'd be surprised how many middle class kids want that life. I don't get it either, but it happens a lot.

man i went to school with this one kid from my city, his pops was an elected politician in municipal and his moms was a nurse. I went to the school to escape alternative school and gang life and he’d been private schooled his whole life. Son graduated and became brim :rofl: still defeats me to this day

Watched the Netflix doc last night. Definetly 2 different spins on the situation. The Hulu doc made Billy look like a sociopath scam artist, while the Netflix doc made it kinda look like he didn't know what he was doing. Ja was ******* annoying in both docs tho. :lol:

You'd be surprised how many middle class kids want that life. I don't get it either, but it happens a lot.

It shouldn't be that hard to get, the lifestyle has been glamorized for the longest
Hip hop and movies make it seem so fun, of course some lil white kids wanna be a part of it

It shouldn't be that hard to get, the lifestyle has been glamorized for the longest
Hip hop and movies make it seem so fun, of course some lil white kids wanna be a part of it

I "get it", but I don't get when you have other options.

Planning on watching both HULU and Netflix docs this weekend, which one should I watch first? Does it really matter? Im thinking HULU then Netflix.

Back
Top Bottom