Jay-Z-American_Gangster_Acappella-2007

Jay-Z & Beirut Music Present... "Beirut Gangster: The Re-Mixtape" 2007 from SOHH.com forums.

beirutgangsterpz0.jpg

This is
pimp.gif
. Surprisingly fire, he kept the same 70s vibe.

your "classic" better not be trash, if I hear one snap on that album......
No offense, I just got high hopes for all the producers working on this, but I look forward to everyone's work.
I might do a lil' Party Life Bachata Mix.
pimp.gif

I actually just finished remixing Fallin' already. Granted that it is a classic IMO too, I felt as if I did the song justice. I sampled the vocals onlyfrom "Fallen" by Alicia Keys and played everything else if anybody wants it for the remix album.

^good job jape..the 2nd verse on that is hard to sync up w/o soundin wack..you aint put it on?

Since nobody told me about it..Pray����

Buddha JAPE wrote:

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
thatssh.. is dope, beat is it bit bland but still nice, switchup is sick!!!

IYE2�thats pretty dope aswell. Yall cats gotsome skills.... i don't really pay attention to NTer's beats but i guess i need to.

iye...turn hov town a bit...dope #%*$...

jape its crack wit the vocals...

dude who did pray...that #%*$ is dope as well...

Plan Beats - that's amazing.

IYE2 - I'm not sure how you did it, but I really like the way it sounds like a totally different song... flow and everything.

ya'll wanna hook a brotha up with that zshare???

Plan I'm feeling the vibe on your joint. The sample fits perfectly for that song. I also feel the same way about IYE2's Pray. You gave the song a newvibe. Jape, the first verse is nice. Are you going to change the beat up at all for the rest of the song?

Good shh Jape dope as always, nice joint IYE2 it flows nicely

WOW Im not finished with it yet but I think I found a real good version of AG Lil Prophet's remix version is quite dope and most importantly he made helloBK sound real dope. The beat coulda been ussed for an actual rapper but I like how this meshes with both Wayne n Jiggga, Wayne's off key singingdoesn't even sound that bad. yall can d/l it on hiphopupdate worth the listen. The only good 1 Ive come across from dudes outside of NT attemptin it Imjust tight dude didnt try doin Blue Magic(anotha beat I really dont like) and American Gangster but that beat is hard to top or match

EDIT- The pitch on Party Life is terrible on this dudes joint, sounds like Jigga freestylin and it aint good, also his Roc Boys is on the New York Shh beatthats points off for me. The pitch is slightly off on success too

smokin.gif

I think Imma try and remix the whole album..I got 4 tracks done, Ill prolly post it in the beat thread in about a wk
nerd.gif
Im waitin for everybody lurkin around who aint postin yet to 'show em'.
IYE2 - I'm not sure how you did it, but I really like the way it sounds like a totally different song... flow and everything.
Ill prolly catch flack but.. you know what, I listen to American Gangster probably 1 time since it came out. The only jam I listen to is AmericanDreamin. I think its cool b/c its not like im tryin to 'recreate' somethin..its more like makin something 'new.'

nah you not alone...i didnt even fully listen to AG...thats why im hesitant on mixing AG i never really got in to it.
honestly i wish hov woulda dropped the acapellas for kingdom come cause some of the lyrics he spit on that really make me go
eek.gif
more so than AG. i know improlly by my lonely on that one.

Originally Posted by Buddha JAPE

nah you not alone...i didnt even fully listen to AG...thats why im hesitant on mixing AG i never really got in to it.
honestly i wish hov woulda dropped the acapellas for kingdom come cause some of the lyrics he spit on that really make me go
eek.gif
more so than AG. i know im prolly by my lonely on that one.

Naw u not KC lyrically was a good album just overall sonically it was mehhh but i still prefer AG over KC because its a great fusion of lyrics andproduction.

Back
Top Bottom