Jay-Z-American_Gangster_Acappella-2007

smh.gif
laugh.gif
really? F-in idiot...thanks.

yea it happens from time to time... in the booth u usually dont realize it... but alot of pellas have this... ask flu about the pellas i sent him...lol

imma post up my "say hello" remix when I get to the house...

it doesn't sound like the typical time beat ill tell u that...

Ehh... I'll play. "I Know" is about the only one I figuredI had a chance in.

I hate Pharrell for not turning down his headphones, though. Idiot. All that clanking during the choruses...
smh.gif

Sorry for the abrupt beginning. I was too lazy to move everything around, after gettin' it finished.
laugh.gif

��

Originally Posted by TW3EK

yo check me out son

www.soundclick.com/timefrom216

"Say Hello"

pimp.gif
You mad versatile. The keys are nice..organ or w/e it is. Bass onpoint..tearin my sub up
laugh.gif
Like mez said turn the vocals up. Good stuff.
pusha-thatjoint is good. it actually sounds like a neptunes beat.

mez-i see what you were sayin w/ the intro now how you blended it in w/ the 2nd tracks..same thing id did.

gunna do is good, you got some serious chop..you dont use recycle do you?

plan-anxious to hear the mixed version...myspace sucks on my laptop..ish always cuts out after like 20sec. sounded good what i heard.

_intro

_no hook snp

_sweet snp

Damn! I come home from work and I got all these tracks to listen to...
smile.gif

9th Wonder's Success is really good, but his American Gangster is
eek.gif

Time -� The "Say Hello" is pifferous just turn the vocals up a "smijjin."
Pusha x Vinsanity - The "I Know" is really ill. I like how the vocals aren't identical to the OG. Theonly thing is it sounds kinda similar to the OG.
IYE - Intro is nice just add some changes and you'll be gold.
� � � � � No Hook
eek.gif
I've beentryna get those kinda airy drums for a while. No Hook is givin me problems so kudos to you.
� � � � � Sweet beat is hot but it doesn't seem to match perfectly.

Had this for a while but I foolishly looked for a better version of the "I Know" acapella but SMH at Pharell. Here's my version. Too lazy to makea snippet so...

Plus... Ig'nant Issh. Stepped away form the samples for this one..not done tho. Needs a bassline.

DJ Benzi killed it. I don't expect most of you younger heads to dig it, but dude straight brought the HEAT.

Pray:
American Dreamin':
No Hook:

Plan
Party Life - Really feelin it, but I think some hi-hats would turn it into more of a full track, cuz it sounds like it has that "interlude" type feelto me, maybe that's what you were going for.
Hello Brooklyn - I love the way you switched up the mood of this track, it's sick. That tambourine really adds depth to the drums. Throw some strings intothat, low pitched. That sample has been used countless times, so maybe chop it up a little bit or switch it up, but honestly I like it the way it is. Goodwork.
Ignorant %+#@ - Love the way the drums and bass work together. I like this track a lot, your tracks seem like the album will have some good cohesiveness,nicely thematically linked.
Success - Not feelin this one as much, mainly because of the drums, maybe if you that snare out of the layer and just leave the clap it would sound better,just me though.

Buddha Jape
No Hook - Definitely feelin that, look forward to the full thing.

IYE2
Pray - Nice, I like it, I like the way you switched up the flow. Sick sample.
Intro - I'm kinda partial to that Beatles song, so if the chop and use of the sample is not flawless I'm gonna hate, sorry, man.
laugh.gif

No Hook - Drums are sick, the progression of the sample is kinda helter-skelter to me, maybe make it sound less forced and more naturally flowing, cuz it takesaway focus from Jay's vocals, at least to me.
Sweet - Can't do much to this one, great work.

iceman21542
Fallin' - I like the idea, but I'm not really down with that sample's feel with the track. Turn down Jay a little bit though, he kinda overbearsthe track.

MezOne
Pray - Sick man, you killed that sample. I really like the strings that come in. Might wanna mix it down a little more though.
Ignorant %+#@ - Ehh, not really feelin it to be honest, I don't think the 6/8 sample really flows with the mood of the track, just me.
Intro - I hear that karate chop up of that sample, feelin this one... lookin forward to the full joint.

Half Amazin
Pray - I like the beat, especially the bass, but I don't really like it with the mood of the track. And that brass that comes in sounds kinda off key?
Roc Boys - Sick man, love this, really epic. Perfect for the track.
Sweet - Mix is kinda muddy, but I like this track a lot, love the way you switch up the drums.
Party Life - So chill, this is tight as hell. I wanted that exact type of sound for this remix, but you beat me to it.
Ignorant %+#@ - Ehh... next...
Success - This is sick as hell, probably my favorite out of all of your remixes. Bass kills it, man. If I were you, I'd just have a kick-snare-kick-snarepattern though, with switch ups, cuz it would sound sick with the bass, cuz the bass is not on the downbeat. Looking forward to your full joint as well.
I Know - See Ignorant %+#@.

Pusha x Vinsanity
I Know - It sounds kinda offbeat, but I like what you did with it, sounds like a legitimate Neptunes beat.

Osh Kosh Bosh
Blue Magic - What is this, the watcher?
laugh.gif
Not sure what the Dre brassand orch hits are doing in the beginning, but overall this is pretty nice, but Id like to hear the drums hit harder and maybe pick a lower-pitched hi-hat tofit the laid-back, irreverent feel of the track.

I just reviewed quite a bit of tracks, so if you guys would be so kind as to lend me some input as well, it would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom