JAY-Z SAYS "TAKEOVER" ETHER'D NAS, "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE"

People are really surprised that Jay is downplaying his loss?
Who would admit that? '' Yeah Nas shook up the world with ether, almost killed me ''........Imagine BIG saying '' Yeah hit em up is a classic, Pac got me good with that one ''.

I think takeover was better but im outnumbered 10 to 1 so it is what it is, more people feel Nas won so he gets the win.

Funny $#!+ is that Ninjahood keeps telling dudes to accept it, but he lives in a time capsule and still thinks Dipset will be on top again.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still waitin on that Kanye comeback that was supposed have everybody talkin?
nerd.gif

My point is we all have some opinions that go against the majority, its not that serious.

People are really surprised that Jay is downplaying his loss?
Who would admit that? '' Yeah Nas shook up the world with ether, almost killed me ''........Imagine BIG saying '' Yeah hit em up is a classic, Pac got me good with that one ''.

I think takeover was better but im outnumbered 10 to 1 so it is what it is, more people feel Nas won so he gets the win.

Funny $#!+ is that Ninjahood keeps telling dudes to accept it, but he lives in a time capsule and still thinks Dipset will be on top again.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Still waitin on that Kanye comeback that was supposed have everybody talkin?
nerd.gif

My point is we all have some opinions that go against the majority, its not that serious.

Who produced Ether and did he make any other songs? Cuz musically Ether is trash that beat is one of the worst I've ever heard.

Who produced Ether and did he make any other songs? Cuz musically Ether is trash that beat is one of the worst I've ever heard.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

All I'm saying is that in the matter of IF Nas Ethered Jay, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at Jay's career. I like to look at Ether as a very hard punch that staggers but doesn't get you the knockout. He didnt end any a career with Ether, but it did make you look at Nas and realize dude wasn't playing around or holding anything back but it definitely wasn't career-ending like what 50 did to Ja Rule or Jay to Mobb Deep. There careers were never quite the same after the beefs were said and done. Jay's career as all can see is doing quite well "The Jones' can't keep up, maybe my n**ga Nas, but I got stronger after Ether. Ether would have been career ending for almost anyone else. So IMO it's hard to say which was better and I'm as much of a Nas fan as is a Jay Fan. Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt were too of the greatest works of music (not just hip-hop) ever compiled. I cant render a clear decision based on what dudes voted for on a radio station, especially since it was based on Supa Ugly vs Ether. I'm pretty sure the majority can say that Supa Ugly wasn't nearly as nice as Ether, but against Takeover or even BP2, the jury will forever be out.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

All I'm saying is that in the matter of IF Nas Ethered Jay, you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at Jay's career. I like to look at Ether as a very hard punch that staggers but doesn't get you the knockout. He didnt end any a career with Ether, but it did make you look at Nas and realize dude wasn't playing around or holding anything back but it definitely wasn't career-ending like what 50 did to Ja Rule or Jay to Mobb Deep. There careers were never quite the same after the beefs were said and done. Jay's career as all can see is doing quite well "The Jones' can't keep up, maybe my n**ga Nas, but I got stronger after Ether. Ether would have been career ending for almost anyone else. So IMO it's hard to say which was better and I'm as much of a Nas fan as is a Jay Fan. Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt were too of the greatest works of music (not just hip-hop) ever compiled. I cant render a clear decision based on what dudes voted for on a radio station, especially since it was based on Supa Ugly vs Ether. I'm pretty sure the majority can say that Supa Ugly wasn't nearly as nice as Ether, but against Takeover or even BP2, the jury will forever be out.

When he says "for even in defeat there's a valuable lesson learned so that evens it up for me" he never actually admits defeat. He just said an old saying.

When he says "for even in defeat there's a valuable lesson learned so that evens it up for me" he never actually admits defeat. He just said an old saying.

NaS doesn't even perform "Ether" at shows anymore, I've seen him twice and he hasn't done it. I've heard he has done it a FEW times in the past. Jay.....does "Takeover" every chance he gets.
Ether is obviously that lethal and NaS has moved on, it's over. Jay will never let it rest and will continue to try to move forward, when Ether comes up he's quick to talk and speak. NaS doesn't even talk about it anymore, so how in the hell can you even say Jay won that battle? 

The whole condom in the back seat of the jeep line is so over praised. I don't understand why this is the "KO" to some of you. She was a groupie, she was NaS girlfriend (not his wife) and this is what groupies done? Did y'all see the condom in the back? It's a hot line but let's be serious. Jay sounded very desperate on Supa Ugly, the battle was already over. He was just desperately looking for something to connect. 

NaS doesn't even perform "Ether" at shows anymore, I've seen him twice and he hasn't done it. I've heard he has done it a FEW times in the past. Jay.....does "Takeover" every chance he gets.
Ether is obviously that lethal and NaS has moved on, it's over. Jay will never let it rest and will continue to try to move forward, when Ether comes up he's quick to talk and speak. NaS doesn't even talk about it anymore, so how in the hell can you even say Jay won that battle? 

The whole condom in the back seat of the jeep line is so over praised. I don't understand why this is the "KO" to some of you. She was a groupie, she was NaS girlfriend (not his wife) and this is what groupies done? Did y'all see the condom in the back? It's a hot line but let's be serious. Jay sounded very desperate on Supa Ugly, the battle was already over. He was just desperately looking for something to connect. 

^

That might be a reach saying he performs Takeover every chance he gets. You can't say Jay won that battle, but you can't say he lost the war either. The moment Jay became Nas' boss under Def Jam is the moment one could say Jay won the war. Had they made amends, yet Nas kept doing his own thing without Jay being his boss, then it's still goes either way. I don't know how many dudes you can beef with, arguably win the beef, and then let that same dude you beat, sign your checks and be your boss.

^

That might be a reach saying he performs Takeover every chance he gets. You can't say Jay won that battle, but you can't say he lost the war either. The moment Jay became Nas' boss under Def Jam is the moment one could say Jay won the war. Had they made amends, yet Nas kept doing his own thing without Jay being his boss, then it's still goes either way. I don't know how many dudes you can beef with, arguably win the beef, and then let that same dude you beat, sign your checks and be your boss.

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

but Superugly > Ether

i mean, dude $#+++% ya baby momma and and left condoms in ya baby seat

these is facts, not highschool jokes about not being able to grow a moustache
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

but Superugly > Ether

i mean, dude $#+++% ya baby momma and and left condoms in ya baby seat

these is facts, not highschool jokes about not being able to grow a moustache
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What does it matter his Mother 'made him apologize'?

He RE-murdered him on BP2.
laugh.gif
please...jay-z was at a REAL low point in blueprint 2...son had to pull da ol' "lemme retire" stunt to generate interest.

only reason jay-z's career was deemed over was because Nas removed his foot from Jigga's neck and left for 2 years like he always does, which left jay-z to recover from

a near fatal blow.

ninjahood all them NYC sewer fumes are clouding your brain.

Blueprint 2 had Bonnie and Clyde, which if im not wrong was a number 1 single for a while.
lol jay-z has never had a low point.
except the first 2, every jay-z album went platinum. so dead that.

and if we REALLY wanna get down to it, Nas got ripped from so many angles its sickening.
first jay, HE WAS SCARED OF CAM'RON. he never said a word to dude.

must we start posting the Hate Me Now Freestyle?

take your daughter/ r.kelly
have my way with her face....

nas has pretty much lost every battle he's been in.
he couldnt even take out cormega or prodigy.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What does it matter his Mother 'made him apologize'?

He RE-murdered him on BP2.
laugh.gif
please...jay-z was at a REAL low point in blueprint 2...son had to pull da ol' "lemme retire" stunt to generate interest.

only reason jay-z's career was deemed over was because Nas removed his foot from Jigga's neck and left for 2 years like he always does, which left jay-z to recover from

a near fatal blow.

ninjahood all them NYC sewer fumes are clouding your brain.

Blueprint 2 had Bonnie and Clyde, which if im not wrong was a number 1 single for a while.
lol jay-z has never had a low point.
except the first 2, every jay-z album went platinum. so dead that.

and if we REALLY wanna get down to it, Nas got ripped from so many angles its sickening.
first jay, HE WAS SCARED OF CAM'RON. he never said a word to dude.

must we start posting the Hate Me Now Freestyle?

take your daughter/ r.kelly
have my way with her face....

nas has pretty much lost every battle he's been in.
he couldnt even take out cormega or prodigy.

^

Jay is worth 400 or 500 milly, I'm not saying he's lost everything. He's the biggest in Rap right now, he's winning. When it came down to it, Ether was the knockout. EVERYONE was just stunned and shocked when it dropped. I remember being in 10th grade and on our bus going to an away basketball game and all we talked about the whole ride there and back was "Ether". Nobody saw it coming and it was a knockout. Supa Ugly has some lines, Takeover has some lines but Ether was just so vicious, it just hurt to hear it. I remember hearing that song and actually feeling bad for Jay at that time. 

^

Jay is worth 400 or 500 milly, I'm not saying he's lost everything. He's the biggest in Rap right now, he's winning. When it came down to it, Ether was the knockout. EVERYONE was just stunned and shocked when it dropped. I remember being in 10th grade and on our bus going to an away basketball game and all we talked about the whole ride there and back was "Ether". Nobody saw it coming and it was a knockout. Supa Ugly has some lines, Takeover has some lines but Ether was just so vicious, it just hurt to hear it. I remember hearing that song and actually feeling bad for Jay at that time. 

Back
Top Bottom