JAY-Z SAYS "TAKEOVER" ETHER'D NAS, "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE"

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

Alright someone explain the Rockefeller AIDS line because I'm confused.
It's not referencing John D. Rockfeller but a guy in the hood Jay and Dame knew, a rapper, named Rockfella. Who died of AIDs. A track of him rapping was just posted by SEND ONE.

That was one of the things I didn't know about way back when it was talked about in the last thread.

It's quite obvious just by the name Rocafella and the symbol that they named their company after John D. Rockefeller, one of the most well-known New Yorkers of all-time.  It ties into the wealth and power aspect of the record label.  Also, going off memory Nas went on the radio showtime after Ether dropped and said he the Rocafella died of Aids line wasn't about John D. Rockefeller (as John D. Rockefeller didn't die of Aids of coure, although when Nas said that line most people took it for face value) but that Nas was talking about Rock Hudson who did die of Aids.  A reach on Nas's part, but it is what it is.  Now the information below is from wikipedia so anyone can take from it what they want to...........

Roc-A-Fella Records is an American record label founded by Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter, Damon Dash, and Kareem "Biggs" Burke. A subsidiary of Universal Music Group, the label's title refers to the American oil magnate John D. Rockefeller. 

You do realize that anyone can go into a wikipedia page and edit it right?

Its not thee most factual reference out there bro
laugh.gif

Dont put too much value into wiki. Rockafella was a drug dealer/rapper from Jersey who did die of aids. Being that Jay supposedly slung in Trenton it's not too far fetched.  It adds up and makes sense. I honestly neevr figured it was John D they named the label after, but I could be wrong. 

Dont put too much value into wiki. Rockafella was a drug dealer/rapper from Jersey who did die of aids. Being that Jay supposedly slung in Trenton it's not too far fetched.  It adds up and makes sense. I honestly neevr figured it was John D they named the label after, but I could be wrong. 

Its not thee most factual reference out there bro
laugh.gif

Which is why I said what I said in that sentence, I'll post it again for you, but thanks champ.........

Now the information below is from wikipedia so anyone can take from it what they want to...........

Which is why I said what I said in that sentence, I'll post it again for you, but thanks champ.........

Now the information below is from wikipedia so anyone can take from it what they want to...........

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What does it matter his Mother 'made him apologize'?

He RE-murdered him on BP2.

How when he only had a grand total of 7 bars directed towards him?

The entire song is him whining about the public perception and why didn't they chose him.

That song is Meh.  Real *%%!.  I don't see how people even consider that a diss.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What does it matter his Mother 'made him apologize'?

He RE-murdered him on BP2.

How when he only had a grand total of 7 bars directed towards him?

The entire song is him whining about the public perception and why didn't they chose him.

That song is Meh.  Real *%%!.  I don't see how people even consider that a diss.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

son is still salty after ether, how jay won?
laugh.gif

Exactly, surprised I didn't see this earlier. Granted I didn't listen to the radio interview itself, but I find it hard to believe the interviewer asked a question about ether, and if they did, Nas won. If they didn't why Jay talking about it still?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

son is still salty after ether, how jay won?
laugh.gif

Exactly, surprised I didn't see this earlier. Granted I didn't listen to the radio interview itself, but I find it hard to believe the interviewer asked a question about ether, and if they did, Nas won. If they didn't why Jay talking about it still?

Ether is the better diss record. I'm the hugest Jay fan but Nas' sneer on "Ether" was straight vicious.

Especially considering Jay was a Nas stan. He was trying to get him on mad records and reportedly had mad vinyl and rare Nas LPs and stuff...

Nas won the battle, Jay won the war.

Ether is the better diss record. I'm the hugest Jay fan but Nas' sneer on "Ether" was straight vicious.

Especially considering Jay was a Nas stan. He was trying to get him on mad records and reportedly had mad vinyl and rare Nas LPs and stuff...

Nas won the battle, Jay won the war.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

like it or not he did lose,, people voted n he lost, people gonna laugh it off and say ohh stupid radio voting doesnt mean issh, but at the time they took it seriously,, soo seriously that
jay went up to hot 97 thinking he won,, thats how serious he took it,, was soo stunned he almost cried on air, then tried to play it off saying something about his mom called him , gettin on him cuz he talked about nas baby mom,, he lost its a fact!! they left it up to ny to vote on it, n jay took the L homie got ether
They voted for ether vs. supa ugly.....not ether vs. takeover. Lets keep it factual.

Originally Posted by zapatito007

like it or not he did lose,, people voted n he lost, people gonna laugh it off and say ohh stupid radio voting doesnt mean issh, but at the time they took it seriously,, soo seriously that
jay went up to hot 97 thinking he won,, thats how serious he took it,, was soo stunned he almost cried on air, then tried to play it off saying something about his mom called him , gettin on him cuz he talked about nas baby mom,, he lost its a fact!! they left it up to ny to vote on it, n jay took the L homie got ether
They voted for ether vs. supa ugly.....not ether vs. takeover. Lets keep it factual.

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though

Funny how folks are leaving the few lines before the "But I will not lose" verse out lol.......They were both dope disses, Jay-Z dissed 3 rappers on Takeover and Nas went  hard at Jay on ether. Nas fans are going to say ether, Jay fans will ride with Takeover. I heard the interview. Jay didnt try to say that Takeover was a better diss but that it was a better record overall. The beat, lyrics, just a better record sonically. Ether was lyrically one of the best disses ever, besides the gun shots and the "*&^ Jay-Z" the beat was whatever for me. In fact, I prefer the beat that 9th Wonder did for God's Stepson. But this topic is one of those topics that will go on forever just like Kobe vs. Lebron. Instead of just enjoying both individuals we gotta pit them against each other.  

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though

Funny how folks are leaving the few lines before the "But I will not lose" verse out lol.......They were both dope disses, Jay-Z dissed 3 rappers on Takeover and Nas went  hard at Jay on ether. Nas fans are going to say ether, Jay fans will ride with Takeover. I heard the interview. Jay didnt try to say that Takeover was a better diss but that it was a better record overall. The beat, lyrics, just a better record sonically. Ether was lyrically one of the best disses ever, besides the gun shots and the "*&^ Jay-Z" the beat was whatever for me. In fact, I prefer the beat that 9th Wonder did for God's Stepson. But this topic is one of those topics that will go on forever just like Kobe vs. Lebron. Instead of just enjoying both individuals we gotta pit them against each other.  

Just Hawaiian shirts
That always makes me laugh. I say it at random times.

2 things, Jay WAS about to cry on the radio. I never hear anybody Pro-Jay say anything about that. Speak out! *Martin voice*

And those lines in BP2 are clearly saying he knows he lost. Deuce, pointing out the "But I will not lose" part was foolish, simply because you took it out of context. He said he will not lose, so even when he loses, he learned a valuable lesson so he ends up breaking even. Simple.

That _ knows he lost that battle. Can't make a dude who knows he lost be a winner. It just doesn't make sense.

Just Hawaiian shirts
That always makes me laugh. I say it at random times.

2 things, Jay WAS about to cry on the radio. I never hear anybody Pro-Jay say anything about that. Speak out! *Martin voice*

And those lines in BP2 are clearly saying he knows he lost. Deuce, pointing out the "But I will not lose" part was foolish, simply because you took it out of context. He said he will not lose, so even when he loses, he learned a valuable lesson so he ends up breaking even. Simple.

That _ knows he lost that battle. Can't make a dude who knows he lost be a winner. It just doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom