JAY-Z SAYS "TAKEOVER" ETHER'D NAS, "IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE"

JR Paperstacks wrote:
merely pointing out the fact that people are semi-quoting that verse in BP2 to make the argument that Jay was admitting defeat. If you're going to quote that verse, don't just take out bits and pieces...that's what's wrong with media today, they take soundbites and snippets and try to flip what a person is really saying similar to the title of this thread. Jay-Z never said that takeover ether'd Nas. At the end of the day it's opinion. It is not fact that Ether was better than Takeover or vice versa. Merely opinion. There were people in this thread that are Pro-Jay that will say that Ether was better, there are Pro-Nas fans that will say they liked Takeover better. This dude is married to one of the baddest women on the planet, and is one of the wealthiest men walking so I'm sure he could care less who thinks what was better or what diss track that happened years ago won. Let it go.

JR Paperstacks wrote:
merely pointing out the fact that people are semi-quoting that verse in BP2 to make the argument that Jay was admitting defeat. If you're going to quote that verse, don't just take out bits and pieces...that's what's wrong with media today, they take soundbites and snippets and try to flip what a person is really saying similar to the title of this thread. Jay-Z never said that takeover ether'd Nas. At the end of the day it's opinion. It is not fact that Ether was better than Takeover or vice versa. Merely opinion. There were people in this thread that are Pro-Jay that will say that Ether was better, there are Pro-Nas fans that will say they liked Takeover better. This dude is married to one of the baddest women on the planet, and is one of the wealthiest men walking so I'm sure he could care less who thinks what was better or what diss track that happened years ago won. Let it go.

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though

Funny how folks are leaving the few lines before the "But I will not lose" verse out lol.......They were both dope disses, Jay-Z dissed 3 rappers on Takeover and Nas went  hard at Jay on ether. Nas fans are going to say ether, Jay fans will ride with Takeover. I heard the interview. Jay didnt try to say that Takeover was a better diss but that it was a better record overall. The beat, lyrics, just a better record sonically. Ether was lyrically one of the best disses ever, besides the gun shots and the "*&^ Jay-Z" the beat was whatever for me. In fact, I prefer the beat that 9th Wonder did for God's Stepson. But this topic is one of those topics that will go on forever just like Kobe vs. Lebron. Instead of just enjoying both individuals we gotta pit them against each other.  
Are you going to ignore that line? 

"For even in defeat, there's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me"

I've been real all my life, they confuse it with deceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
When the grass is cut, the snakes will show
I gotta thank the little homie Nas for that though

Funny how folks are leaving the few lines before the "But I will not lose" verse out lol.......They were both dope disses, Jay-Z dissed 3 rappers on Takeover and Nas went  hard at Jay on ether. Nas fans are going to say ether, Jay fans will ride with Takeover. I heard the interview. Jay didnt try to say that Takeover was a better diss but that it was a better record overall. The beat, lyrics, just a better record sonically. Ether was lyrically one of the best disses ever, besides the gun shots and the "*&^ Jay-Z" the beat was whatever for me. In fact, I prefer the beat that 9th Wonder did for God's Stepson. But this topic is one of those topics that will go on forever just like Kobe vs. Lebron. Instead of just enjoying both individuals we gotta pit them against each other.  
Are you going to ignore that line? 

"For even in defeat, there's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me"

Originally Posted by cguy610

I comprehend there champ. For the 3RD TIME. Dont semi-quote part of verse when trying to prove a point in rap beefs. No need to bold a line twice when I clearly read it the first time it was typed.

Originally Posted by cguy610

I comprehend there champ. For the 3RD TIME. Dont semi-quote part of verse when trying to prove a point in rap beefs. No need to bold a line twice when I clearly read it the first time it was typed.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What does it matter his Mother 'made him apologize'?

He RE-murdered him on BP2.
laugh.gif
please...jay-z was at a REAL low point in blueprint 2...son had to pull da ol' "lemme retire" stunt to generate interest.

only reason jay-z's career was deemed over was because Nas removed his foot from Jigga's neck and left for 2 years like he always does, which left jay-z to recover from

a near fatal blow.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What does it matter his Mother 'made him apologize'?

He RE-murdered him on BP2.
laugh.gif
please...jay-z was at a REAL low point in blueprint 2...son had to pull da ol' "lemme retire" stunt to generate interest.

only reason jay-z's career was deemed over was because Nas removed his foot from Jigga's neck and left for 2 years like he always does, which left jay-z to recover from

a near fatal blow.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Hot 97 interview of Jay-Z nearly in tears = Ether
Jay-Z Supa Ugly apology = Ether
Bringing it back up 9 years later = Ether

Soul's burning real slow over that one

jay-z just gotta rock that scar like manio and keep it pushin...you're never gonna try to re-visit and change history.

Originally Posted by mossman75

Hot 97 interview of Jay-Z nearly in tears = Ether
Jay-Z Supa Ugly apology = Ether
Bringing it back up 9 years later = Ether

Soul's burning real slow over that one

jay-z just gotta rock that scar like manio and keep it pushin...you're never gonna try to re-visit and change history.

Originally Posted by Onslaught23

Nas won that battle (Diss track) but Jay-z darn sure won the war (Career and business moves)
and for some reasons Jay-z fans STILL ain't happy with just that....
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

even Jordan got spanked by da pistons...people lose sometimes.

Nas won that battle (Diss track) but Jay-z darn sure won the war (Career and business moves)
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

That's admission of defeat. How could you interpret those opening lines any other way? Don't matter who he talking to.

Plus he was crying on live radio when he was told he lost. So, he lost.
Eh, we'll just agree to disagree then.  I just wanted to get my point across as you got yours across. I'll say this though..........."I came in your bentley backseat, skeeted in your jeep
Left condoms on your baby seat" kills this entire battle debate as far as I'm concerned. I said this before and I'll say this again, there's perception and then there's reality, it's up to you dudes which one means more to you in life.

why wont jay-z fans just LET IT GO...Nas fans have moved ON YEARS AGO.....

Originally Posted by Deuce King

That's admission of defeat. How could you interpret those opening lines any other way? Don't matter who he talking to.

Plus he was crying on live radio when he was told he lost. So, he lost.
Eh, we'll just agree to disagree then.  I just wanted to get my point across as you got yours across. I'll say this though..........."I came in your bentley backseat, skeeted in your jeep
Left condoms on your baby seat" kills this entire battle debate as far as I'm concerned. I said this before and I'll say this again, there's perception and then there's reality, it's up to you dudes which one means more to you in life.

why wont jay-z fans just LET IT GO...Nas fans have moved ON YEARS AGO.....

^

I would move on too seeing as how Jay-Z's career turned out vs. Nas' Career. You can lose a battle (if those feel he did) when you come out winning the war the way Jay did.

^

I would move on too seeing as how Jay-Z's career turned out vs. Nas' Career. You can lose a battle (if those feel he did) when you come out winning the war the way Jay did.

^

Yea because Nas is suffering. We all know these two rappers are very different. It seems ya'll don't take into consideration each ones personality and how it contributes to their fame/success. We all know Jay is a self centered individual who loves attention and is willing to take much more risks than the introverted Nas, don't we? Jay's success stems from his ability to branch out of rap, this having nothing to do with his hip hop career. Why do you guys leave that out when ya'll brin his success up? "Oh yea, homeboy making millions and Nas living in dirt" From his hip hop career? Naaaaaaaah. From all of his other wise investments and ventures? Yep.

EDIT- I also find this funny. Let's say, for example, you and your homeboy get into a verbal argument and somehow word gets to your momma about it. If she makes you apoligize and all of your friends hear what happened, you finna look like a sucka no matter what you do. Specially if you almost break down and cry in a public setting.
laugh.gif

Last Edit- Also, you guys gotta put yourselfs in both of these rappers positions. Who would you rather be? The big guy who has been proclaiming the throne and taking shots at his own idol or the underdog who is patiently waiting to strike and ends up striking unexpectedly? Of course, you also have to take into consideration the time frame when this happened. I think a lot of you forget or don't take this factor into full account. When these records were released not only were people patiently waiting for an answer from Nas, but everybody was riding Jay and proclaiming his vicotory. Then out of nowhere Nas attacks. Also, consider that when this diss record releases it caught everybody off guard. The thing about it is that now a days we are able to look at Nas's song with much more insight and time to break it down. To analytically analyze it and call it a childish diss, but when it came out nobody had the time or patience to analyze the song or break it down. How could they? They didn't have the internet (not everybody had internet back then) like we do now. Now a days a beef a joke. Why? Because we no longer wait for it. We have this source of information where everything is located, back then everybody relied on interviews, magazines with the latest input on so and so. Makes you think why a lot of these magazines are garbage? They are just trying to keep up with the times, and therefore selling out. How can you keep up with a source that is updated instantly when back then you had to wait a month or 2 weeks to go to your local liquor store and get it? When you had to wait for your favorite rappers to come and speak on the radio station? It made you build anticipation didn't it? Well apply all that to this beef and you'll see, as a lot of you have mentioned already, that Nas destroyed Jay when he released his song. No matter what you say, you will agree that when it came out everybody couldn't believe Nas had verbally abused Jay z with cursed words. I mean, he must of done something right to make Jay-Z cry right? And then there's this Super Ugly record that only avid Jay fans seem to know about. Ask someone who isn't an avid fan of his if they've heard superugly and everybody is gonna be like "What?" Now ask them if they remember the battle between them and you'll see that everyone remembers Ether, not by the name, but probably something along the lines of "Yea, that Nas song where he disses Jay was the *!!%/sucked" but most of the time it will be "the *!!%." I feel that when Superugly came out not only was the battle over, but nobody gave a damn about the beef anymore. How could they when Jay had accepted defeat in one of the most listened to radio station at the time? You can't take away from that. You can't accept defeat and come back and say that even in defeat, you still won.

Just the way I see it, I suppose. I apologize if it doesn't make any sense, I have no desire whatsoever of proof reading.

^

Yea because Nas is suffering. We all know these two rappers are very different. It seems ya'll don't take into consideration each ones personality and how it contributes to their fame/success. We all know Jay is a self centered individual who loves attention and is willing to take much more risks than the introverted Nas, don't we? Jay's success stems from his ability to branch out of rap, this having nothing to do with his hip hop career. Why do you guys leave that out when ya'll brin his success up? "Oh yea, homeboy making millions and Nas living in dirt" From his hip hop career? Naaaaaaaah. From all of his other wise investments and ventures? Yep.

EDIT- I also find this funny. Let's say, for example, you and your homeboy get into a verbal argument and somehow word gets to your momma about it. If she makes you apoligize and all of your friends hear what happened, you finna look like a sucka no matter what you do. Specially if you almost break down and cry in a public setting.
laugh.gif

Last Edit- Also, you guys gotta put yourselfs in both of these rappers positions. Who would you rather be? The big guy who has been proclaiming the throne and taking shots at his own idol or the underdog who is patiently waiting to strike and ends up striking unexpectedly? Of course, you also have to take into consideration the time frame when this happened. I think a lot of you forget or don't take this factor into full account. When these records were released not only were people patiently waiting for an answer from Nas, but everybody was riding Jay and proclaiming his vicotory. Then out of nowhere Nas attacks. Also, consider that when this diss record releases it caught everybody off guard. The thing about it is that now a days we are able to look at Nas's song with much more insight and time to break it down. To analytically analyze it and call it a childish diss, but when it came out nobody had the time or patience to analyze the song or break it down. How could they? They didn't have the internet (not everybody had internet back then) like we do now. Now a days a beef a joke. Why? Because we no longer wait for it. We have this source of information where everything is located, back then everybody relied on interviews, magazines with the latest input on so and so. Makes you think why a lot of these magazines are garbage? They are just trying to keep up with the times, and therefore selling out. How can you keep up with a source that is updated instantly when back then you had to wait a month or 2 weeks to go to your local liquor store and get it? When you had to wait for your favorite rappers to come and speak on the radio station? It made you build anticipation didn't it? Well apply all that to this beef and you'll see, as a lot of you have mentioned already, that Nas destroyed Jay when he released his song. No matter what you say, you will agree that when it came out everybody couldn't believe Nas had verbally abused Jay z with cursed words. I mean, he must of done something right to make Jay-Z cry right? And then there's this Super Ugly record that only avid Jay fans seem to know about. Ask someone who isn't an avid fan of his if they've heard superugly and everybody is gonna be like "What?" Now ask them if they remember the battle between them and you'll see that everyone remembers Ether, not by the name, but probably something along the lines of "Yea, that Nas song where he disses Jay was the *!!%/sucked" but most of the time it will be "the *!!%." I feel that when Superugly came out not only was the battle over, but nobody gave a damn about the beef anymore. How could they when Jay had accepted defeat in one of the most listened to radio station at the time? You can't take away from that. You can't accept defeat and come back and say that even in defeat, you still won.

Just the way I see it, I suppose. I apologize if it doesn't make any sense, I have no desire whatsoever of proof reading.

Back
Top Bottom