Jay-Z "Success" Question

Quick question, why is it that when a producer uses a music sample that was previously used a million times but flips it it isn't considered biting but when a rapper uses a line that 90% of hip-hop fans know it is considered biting.

Like I said before this is a stupid argument. Comparing a producers skill of making beats(something hip hop is founded on) to stealing lines fromother rappers only makes sense to those who want to see it that way when in actuallity its absurd. Notice how you say flip the beat. Now is taking one linefrom another person some type of skill? The person didnt take away or add anything to it(cuz if they did that would make it a whole new original line) andthats what makes it biting. If you think like this if rapper A rhymed the words "cool" and "school and then rapper B rhymes it in the opposite"school" and lets say " not cool" then he should be considered a biter as well and this is ridiculous logic. Producing and rapping are tovery different things. If you read some posts in this thread this question was already answered. Furthermore, the skill of lyricism should be held in a higherregard than that of beat production not because it is better but because its not rap music without lyrics where on the other hand a producer who flips beatsstill has a venue. Lyrics are what makes rap music rap music. Also its not fliping the beat that makes the difference its how you flip the beat. I meansseriously which is easier stealing a line or producing a beat with a sample?

Dudes is makin the most inane arguments for this. I'd be making my argument no matter what prominent artist was in question, we can even switch for anyother rapper. If this was Rakim I'd be sayinig it, if it was KRS One I'd be saying it, if it was any rapper I'd argue against biting because it iswrong.

EDIT - Also for legal purposes a producer who flips samples has to pay the artist/publisher/label or whoever to ok it, so with that logic maybe ppl who takeothers lines should pay the rapper who originally said it? right? I still wouldnt agree with it tho

smokin.gif

Because I'm actually impartial and speak facts...Jay-Z fans get aggy and feel attacked
Had to laugh at impartial, as we know thats not the truth

I'd be making my argument no matter what prominent artist was in question, we can even switch for any other rapper
Really dont think it would work if it wasnt a Rapper on Jay-Z's level...and if it was then they have already stole in some way ...wether it bea nursery rhyme lyric or another rapper
I really dont even see the big deal, lol This is the same dude who made the grammy family freestyle just to let you know he def. got it

And why do these posts always end up : If you defend Jay - you a stan, and you Make the other claim you a hater, how come it cant be both sides really feelingthe way they do

Really dont think it would work if it wasnt a Rapper on Jay-Z's level
Well yea I meant someone on his level or higher
And why do these posts always end up : If you defend Jay - you a stan, and you Make the other claim you a hater, how come it cant be both sides really feeling the way they do
Word some dudes I guess are so emotionally attached and get soo heated in these threads that they try to blow it off by calling someone a stan orhater. When the thing is if its a valid point it should still be respected and taken into consideration anything else would be ignorance

smokin.gif

all i am gonna say is I hate it when he does it...it pisses me off..like why are you spitting em's lines? If i wanted to hear that I would go listen toEminem. What makes me angry is what if someone never listened to Eminem and they hear Jay spit it? Then these little kids give the credit to Jay when it shouldbe eminem..You just can't assume everyone has heard the line you bit, there is no excuse for it. It's just being lazy.

Back
Top Bottom