Jay-z wouldn't have had a career if Biggie and Pac didn't die - snoop

This thread is full of lulz
Old heads trying to teach the new heads
Besides the stuff snoop put out when he was on no limit records( but that mr.magic track was hard af)
Snoop catelog is superb in my eyes(partial because I am from the west coast)
But I really don't think jay would be as big as he is today
When PAC and big died the lane for jay and dmx(damn I wish he wasn't on that crack) opened up huge and alot of rappers to eat
And if you deny that, you are a young cat that didnt get to experience any of the music that was from 93-2001

Last edited:
I dont think anyone is trying to say that Deuce. Merely that had BIG not passed Jay might have continued to be overlooked the way he was in '96 when he dropped arguably his best work. He would've def had a career, but he might have been reduced to AZ status
.....but like I said earlier, there's simply no way for anybody to prove that, even though you put the word "might" into your statement.  It's still an endless argument/debate with neither side able to proves it's case.  As great as Big was/is, who's to say that he wouldn't have fallen off for whatever reason, like a Snoop, DMX or 50 Cent.  It does happen.  At the end of the day, we'll never know either way.  What we can go with without any uncertainty is that Jay has had one of the best careers of any rapper.  
Jay Z sabotoged Purple Hazed ...

Cam was on his way to running NY rap
Negative champ.  The only running Cam was doing was getting the hell out of Rucker Park before he ended up in the obituary section of the paper the next day, and for good reason.  Cam was doing good for himself at the time, no doubt about that, but at the end of the day everybody can't be Batman, somebody's got to be Robin, which is who and what Cam is in comparison with Jay Z.

.....but like I said earlier, there's simply no way for anybody to prove that, even though you put the word "might" into your statement.  It's still an endless argument/debate with neither side able to proves it's case.  As great as Big was/is, who's to say that he wouldn't have fallen off for whatever reason, like a Snoop, DMX or 50 Cent.  It does happen.  At the end of the day, we'll never know either way.  What we can go with without any uncertainty is that Jay has had one of the best careers of any rapper.  

Negative champ.  The only running Cam was doing was getting the hell out of Rucker Park before he ended up in the obituary section of the paper the next day, and for good reason.  Cam was doing good for himself at the time, no doubt about that, but at the end of the day everybody can't be Batman, somebody's got to be Robin, which is who and what Cam is in comparison with Jay Z.
No..

regardless of the Rucker Situation ..

The Dips were hotter than Jay Z during that time .. 

They was the hottest **** in Hip Hop period at the time 

It was obvious Jay ain't like none of them ****** ..

Had purple haze came out on time like it was posed to .. Jay would lost his crown.

Son said me against da world had fillers.....
laugh.gif
mean.gif

We need a board...

Reasonable doubt was just another mafioso album

That aint stick out in 1996..period.
He must not realize how many classics dropped that year ..

:lol: Cam isnt even Robin to Jay-z. Calling Cam Robin is giving him way too much credit.

-All tupac albums have filler. Dude made a ton of supbar - trash songs. That doesnt take away from the fact hes one of the most influential rappers ever and a phenomenal artist when he wanted to be.

-Jay-z is one of the best rappers ever, he still wouldve blew up and been regarded as one of the best and made a ton of hits. Would he be as big? Who knows. Him and Biggie would probably be running things together. If big was still alive though, I dont think Jay wouldve been bigger than Biggie.

Last edited:
:lol: Cam isnt even Robin to Jay-z. Calling Cam Robin is giving him way too much credit.

-All tupac albums have filler. Dude made a ton of supbar - trash songs. That doesnt take away from the fact hes one of the most influential rappers ever and a phenomenal artist when he wanted to be.

-Jay-z is one of the best rappers ever, he still wouldve blew up and been regarded as one of the best and made a ton of hits. Would he be as big? Who knows. Him and Biggie would probably be running things together. If big was still alive though, I dont think Jay wouldve been bigger than Biggie.

Me Against the World has no filler and All Eyez on Me was a damn double disc album and has one maybe 2 skips on a bad day still

I don't really care if they were throwaway tracks or not the **** was trash it's not an excuse.
your right x was huge that year but let's not act like Hard Knock Life was equally as massive... Money ain't a thang was ringing off CRAZY and he was doing numbers just like X i would say they were neck and neck at max if jay wasn't a lil ahead. (Hell even the Biggest Def Jam tour to date was called the hard knock life tour even with X at his height)

If not 98 then from 99 he had the crown
Jayz admitted the fact that DMX killed him on that tour in a few different interviews. despite the title of the tour DMX was the headliner jayz conceded that. if the dog wanted to be king of ny an had ambition an if not for coke pcp n whatever else drugs he was on jay woulda had a run for his money

Me Against the World has no filler and All Eyez on Me was a damn double disc album and has one maybe 2 skips on a bad day still

Last edited:

No..

regardless of the Rucker Situation ..

The Dips were hotter than Jay Z during that time .. 

They was the hottest **** in Hip Hop period at the time 

It was obvious Jay ain't like none of them ****** ..

Had purple haze came out on time like it was posed to .. Jay would lost his crown.

So your saying it's Jay's fault that Purple Haze didn't release on time?? Do you have any evidence to prove this??

honestly what was the reason for purple haze delay ? i know people pull the jay card cause he was president of def jam at the time and still has ill will toward cam but was it really that ?

SIDENOTE: Is there a version of "The Last Days of the Roc" complete? its torture looking through all 26 parts one by one.. choke no joke trolled

Jay z *In my lifetime vol 1 * > anything PAC ever done in he's career . PAC is trash

Last edited:
Wow the blasphemy on PAC
Roc la familia=trash
Blueprint 2 = trash
In my life time vol 3. = trash
PAC me against the world and 2pacolypse alone kill all of jayz catalog
Yeah I said it and I am a huge jayz fan
But PAC was not a lyricist but a story teller, a activist, he was so much more then jay has ever been

Last edited:
n_ said Jada was right on Jay-z heels.

WHEN THE HELL WAS THAT EVER THE CASE?!?!

a lot of bias and a lot of statements that lack credibility in here.

Not even a Jay-Z stan/fan, but Roc La Familia was trash? Really? :smh:

Nah. That album STILL goes hard to this day. The intro ALONE kills most ****** ablums coming out in this era.

Last edited:
Bruh he did not have rap from 98 on...not in NY. 

Not with Jada making waves in the late 90's early 2000's. 

When they battled on the R Kelly remix joint that let me know Jada was coming, and Jay was never the clear best, but now he had not only Nas as a contender but Kiss was right at his neck. 

Stillmatic took whatever crown Jay had at that time period. This guy was in the darkest point of his career in late 01-02 due to that Best of Both Worlds flop. If he still had NY during that run...
mean.gif
Jada was NEVER ****** with Hov.... Both had bars, Jada couldn't make hits like Jay & he damn sure couldn't configure albums like Jay so nah he was never a threat for the crown.

The only comp Jay had since Big died was Nas & X before he started to bug out.
Stillmatic took whatever crown Jay had at that time period. This guy was in the darkest point of his career in late 01-02 due to that Best of Both Worlds flop.

He dropped arguably his best album... Changed the ENTIRE sound of hip-hop with that album, had B.Siegel & Bleek all over the radio. The next year he dropped BP2 and released the rest of the roc roster upon the industry.

i'm not gonna argue your opinion if you think stillmatic was better than Blueprint that's cool its YOUR opinion. But to argue that it was bigger or somehow made the same impact as Blueprint is laughable.
umm blueprint 2 was a turd, he even released a diet version minus all da super turd with 2.5...

that whole album was jay-z whining on how he didn't lose to ether...
laugh.gif

he didn't regain his footing till he "pretended" to retire with da black album.

Dude wasnt even making music tho his moms was sick so he was tending to her

The way you stating his career was on decline you make it seem like he dropped a flop or something he didnt drop ANYTHING for 2 years
And your point is what? i said his career was on decline not his skill set.

If someone isn't doing music for two years especially in rap that a hit to your career. Add that to the fact that his last projects before that hiatus were Nastrodamus & that HORRIBLE QB project he headlined. if that isn't a downward spiral i don't know what is.
more revisionist history....

jay-z was da only person releasing albums every year in da 90's, most people waited 2 years ON AVERAGE.

its no wonder jay-z's almost every other album was meh... vol 1, vol 3, dynasty, blueprint 2, kingdom come, blueprint 3

I never said he wouldn't make good music... his career the past two years prior to Ether his career was on decline as far as attention and relevancy was concerned. That battle wit jay resurrected his career in the mainstream world and kind of gave him motivation again.
One could say the same about Jay.

After Vol.2 he lost a little steam with Vol.3 and The Dynasty. One could argue that battle lit a fire under Jays *** that made him make The Blueprint.

It benefitted both of them.
]Fam now your just talking to talk.... After Big died it was a scramble for who was gonna take that Crown you had Nas still Killin, X was MURDERING things, and Jay... Vol 2 dropped and the crown was his from 98 on it ain't ever been in question who runs this city. The People damn sure did give him the crown no questions asked YOU stop lying to out of towners
98? We talking about the same 98 when X dropped 2 MASSIVE albums and had not only the city, but the whole country in a headlock?

In 98 a lot of ppl still had a bad taste in their mouths with Jay from Vol.1 and the way he blatantly tried to jack his "man's" lane (see Sunshine, City Is Mine). Vol.2 did help ease the pain, but cats weren't trying to crown him immediately either.
all of this.

jay-z wasn't da "king" until blueprint 1 and even then he lost that title QUICK to Nas after ether, it wasn't till da black album that people

started to buy into his best rapper alive gimmick.

cuz jay-z stans LOVE to ignore that DMX RULED rap music in 1998-2000

Not even a Jay-Z stan/fan, but Roc La Familia was trash? Really? :smh:

Nah. That album STILL goes hard to this day. The intro ALONE kills most ****** ablums coming out in this era.
To each his own but that album was garbage all the way through
American gangster was in my eyes his last great album
Blueprint 3 mainstream but good
Black album>>>>> roc la familia
Hell kingdom come was better then roc la familia

Back
Top Bottom