Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Thanks for the advice guys, Im leaning towards taking the offer and just hoping i can get out of it before the start date. I have at least 1 interview left and possibly another 2 coming up soon. Im also considering trying to find an internship to have more flexibility while im still looking for something full time. I have until tomorrow to make my decision and hopefully i make the right one.

Was watching the Lakers game yesterday, and my phone rings. I never answer numbers I don't recognize, so I let it ring. Checked the voicemail earlier today, and it was a Manager for a Von's I had applied to a couple weeks ago. She said she would love to set up an interview with me.

I looked up the position and they start that position at around $13 an hour...

She's off today, but she said she would call me back on Friday. I am excite lol

The pay cut would raise eyebrows

that tells them as soon as a better opportunity presents itself..you'll jump ship.

Makes sense, if anything I would keep that as a part time.

Used to work FT for b of a, and part time at cvs from 2006-2010. I quit cvs in August of 2010 making a little bit over 12, and then got fired from B of A in August of 2011 making about $16...

Those were the days lol

Fellas the govt is looking to hire more food inspectors. Pay is 45k a year minimum and is a lush job . Usajobs.gov is how you apply. Also once again if any of you can obtain a cdl license do so I know in some states you can learn for free (ie Texas). I applied for some oil positions in Texas and have been getting calls back immediately . Most start at 65-80k a year not including signing bonuses and quarterly bonuses as well and if your out of statue some provide housing for you . And if you want to stay in your city since summer is coming up a lot of beverage companies will be looking for drivers and delivery man as well as salesmen most of these positions don't require any experience. Pepsi, coke, dr pepper snapper group, annhueser Busch , bud light. I hope some nt fam can get on with some of these companies may not be what you went to school for but these are some well paying jobs to get you started while looking for a career

USAJobs has too much red tape to go through plus the jobs will go to veterans first and those that have the required government clearance. Public sector jobs are almost never worth the trouble unless you have a definite in.

Might be true but I've had no problem in getting through the hiring process for border patrol and dhs the only reason I didn't accept those positions were because at the time I didn't want to take a pay cut for the first 2 years . But it does take a while to get the ball rolling though.

USAJobs has too much red tape to go through plus the jobs will go to veterans first and those that have the required government clearance. Public sector jobs are almost never worth the trouble unless you have a definite in.

I applied for at least 100 positions on USA Jobs over 3-4 years. I got one call back to take an exam for Immigrations. I made a 90 out of 100 but I never heard a thing back after that. I guess that 10 point veterans boost killed my chances.

I applied for at least 100 positions on USA Jobs over 3-4 years. I got one call back to take an exam for Immigrations. I made a 90 out of 100 but I never heard a thing back after that. I guess that 10 point veterans boost killed my chances.

Same thing with the USPS, I applied and took the test like 6 years ago. I believe I got a 92, and never heard from them again...

Same thing with the USPS, I applied and took the test like 6 years ago. I believe I got a 92, and never heard from them again...
i must get lucky i got hired by the post office last nov after filling out an online application through usps. Its was for a mail delivery pos in atl.  turned it down cause i moved to cali though

Usually with Federal Government jobs, you have to have some type of experience, at least 2-3 years before they will even look at you. The veterans preference will kill some chances, but if you have 0 experience, then you can forget it. Most people look into the Local or State Government to gain some experience. Plus the hiring process with the Local or State is not a rigorous as the Federal Government.

^^^not necessarily... I had no experience with the government but I worked for TSA
And currently work for USPS
Test scores were not that high but I do feel like divine intervention took place
But in all honesty this job is not so secure anymore and getting a huge pay cut so I am out here looking for a second job plus going back to school.usps is hardworking and supervisors are hella demanding and we do have a time table on when to be back because of budget cuts( worked here for six years)
But with all that said it does take some luck to get on and the process definately takes longer then any other entity

Last edited:
got a interview for the Assistant Media Buyer position at this ad agency. I applied yesterday via Craigslist and just got a call today and got the interview set up for tomorrow. Hope it goes well. Keep you guys updated
Giving you guys a lil update on my progress:

Had the interview yesterday and it went very well, got to meet some of the staff and it seems like a nice place to work. Just talked spoke with the Business manager today and he told me he'll schedule another interview but instead i'll be interviewed by the CEO of the agency :wow: Never spoke to a CEO at an interview, but I think I'll be alright. They seem to like me a lot. The pay hasn't been discussed yet.

So I applied to an asset management company on Sunday and got an email around noon Thursday from HR asking for an availability for in person interview.

I replied back around 3 asking this coming Thursday around noon and said that if that's not a good time for them, that I will work things around my schedule to find a common time good for both me and them.

I haven't got a response yet and I was wondering when would be the best time to contact them again. I know that they sent the email asking for availability for interview out to other applicants as well so they might just be waiting to hear back from everyone to arrange a time.

Should I give them a call if no response by Tuesday noon?

In my dealings with HR when setting up interviews, you should have heard back from them yesterday at the latest. The reason why I say that is because you're not the only person being interviewed and they like to have the schedule set up and coordinated. If you don't hear anything back on Monday I would definitely call on Tuesday to find out what's going on. You don't want to wait a week and still not hear anything. By then, all interviews could be set up and you're no longer being considered.

these online apps that make you take this questionnaire thing where the questions make absolutely no sense drive me mad

Might be jobless soon. Will know tomorrow. If anything I will be applying to a lot of warehouse jobs and grocery stores. Also applied to chuck e. Cheese. I really don't care I just need something while I'm in school.

Chuck e cheese would be a nice change of pace.

Anyone know any warehouses or landscaping jobs a 18 year old can work at in Omaha, NE?

i'm going to start applying for work again tomorrow, i got bummed i never got a call back from this lawyer after i interviewed 3 times for this paralegal position few weeks back 
mean.gif

i'm going to start applying for work again tomorrow, i got bummed i never got a call back from this lawyer after i interviewed 3 times for this paralegal position few weeks back 
mean.gif
Damn, bro. Keep it up. Don't stop. I'm not exactly jobless but where I'm currently at gets me by and that's it. I've been looking for a new position for about five months because I've already reached the maximum amount they're willing to pay me. I've gotten about six to seven interviews since I started and no luck. I really owe all my dedication and hard work to my girlfriend, she keeps pushing me. Otherwise, I'd probably be content to settle here. I got really upset when I found out I hadn't gotten it, but she helped me to think positive and keep going. So keep going, bro. Don't quit, I wanted to so many times. But when your output is like 10-15 resumes a day, you gotta get lucky some time, right? Haha.

Reactions: Ox.
Back
Top Bottom