Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

In a little different situation that most people, but thought this thread may be a good place to ask for some opinions. Been thinking of moving out to LA from Michigan for about a year now. Current company I am with recently gave me a promotion of 10k, so I am now at 45k. Have been interviewing with a company out in LA and am basically at the final interview/decision waiting to hear back. They would be offering me 55-60k. Side note my gf is moving out to LA regardless since he friend will be going to grad school out there. Should I make the move should I get the job or stay with my current company. Been thinking about it so much I truly don't know what I want to do..Cali would be REAL nice though..

In a little different situation that most people, but thought this thread may be a good place to ask for some opinions. Been thinking of moving out to LA from Michigan for about a year now. Current company I am with recently gave me a promotion of 10k, so I am now at 45k. Have been interviewing with a company out in LA and am basically at the final interview/decision waiting to hear back. They would be offering me 55-60k. Side note my gf is moving out to LA regardless since he friend will be going to grad school out there. Should I make the move should I get the job or stay with my current company. Been thinking about it so much I truly don't know what I want to do..Cali would be REAL nice though..

You gotta compare the cost of living. From what I hear the cost of living is pretty high in LA. If your expenses are little then definitely make that move. It's an excellent opportunity.

You gotta compare the cost of living. From what I hear the cost of living is pretty high in LA. If your expenses are little then definitely make that move. It's an excellent opportunity.
Thats exactly how it feel its an opportunity that doesn't come along often. Expenses are fairly low..car note, student loans about it. Kicker is I have a friend out there already who will let me stay in his condo for a few months until I am up on my feet how I would like to be. Been browsing cl and found some decent places around LA for about a stack a month. Guess time will tell..

Thats exactly how it feel its an opportunity that doesn't come along often. Expenses are fairly low..car note, student loans about it. Kicker is I have a friend out there already who will let me stay in his condo for a few months until I am up on my feet how I would like to be. Been browsing cl and found some decent places around LA for about a stack a month. Guess time will tell..

Sounds like you have things lined up already so I say go for it mos def.

In my dealings with HR when setting up interviews, you should have heard back from them yesterday at the latest. The reason why I say that is because you're not the only person being interviewed and they like to have the schedule set up and coordinated. If you don't hear anything back on Monday I would definitely call on Tuesday to find out what's going on. You don't want to wait a week and still not hear anything. By then, all interviews could be set up and you're no longer being considered.
I called earlier today and she told me that she was coordinating with another HR person on setting up interview schedules and that they would try to have it up by today.

I guess if I hear nothing ill call Wednesday morning to check again since in the email I told her my best date for an interview is this thursday

i'm going to start applying for work again tomorrow, i got bummed i never got a call back from this lawyer after i interviewed 3 times for this paralegal position few weeks back 
mean.gif

What are the requirements to be a paralegal? I've considered this, but I only have a B.S. in Criminal Justice. Do you need a certain type of degree?

Is it cool to start 2 jobs at the same time? I'm asking because I've yet to start at Whole Foods. My boy told me about this job at a Macy's warehouse and I think this is a good opportunity to have 2 part time jobs

Is it cool to start 2 jobs at the same time? I'm asking because I've yet to start at Whole Foods. My boy told me about this job at a Macy's warehouse and I think this is a good opportunity to have 2 part time jobs

I might be doing the same thing, atleast I hope I do...

Remember I was telling y'all about that Von's job?

Manager called me back saturday morning and I have an interview in 2 hours (at 3pm). She told me to bring my ID and SS card, which makes me think and believe that the job is mine to lose. Plus she said it was her 3rd or 4th time calling me. I hope I can this job too...

Manager called me from Walgreen's earlier today and told me my drug test and background check went through, I start later this week.

Gonna go shave/shower, print my resume, and get going...

Last edited:

As long as they don't conflict with one another. Tell the supervisor at each job. They'll probably appreciate your work ethic for holding down two jobs.

I used to work FT at Whole Foods after HS (was taking a break before college). Great job. I actually miss it. Co-workers were awesome. Very diverse customer base too.

Might be jobless soon. Will know tomorrow. If anything I will be applying to a lot of warehouse jobs and grocery stores. Also applied to chuck e. Cheese. I really don't care I just need something while I'm in school.

Chuck e cheese would be a nice change of pace.

What happened? Was it that beer incident?

I might be doing the same thing, atleast I hope I do...
I hope you do get both. But you gotta slow down on the kicks man :rofl:

As long as they don't conflict with one another. Tell the supervisor at each job. They'll probably appreciate your work ethic for holding down two jobs.

I used to work FT at Whole Foods after HS (was taking a break before college). Great job. I actually miss it. Co-workers were awesome. Very diverse customer base too.
Yea, I'm going to let both of them know. My boy already works at the warehouse and he says it's only Mon-Fri.

I actually had 2 jobs during my senior year of high school.

Mon-Fri at this small car dealership that I used to go into after school(like around 3PM until it closed). And then a job Sat-Sun at this flea market working for a vendor that sold ceviche and seafood.

Both had a fixed salary and paid under the table cash weekly. I didn't have to apply or interview to get them. But these were not "official" jobs, hence WF is my first.

The interview went well, just don't know if I want that job anymore... I thought the pay would be somewhere between 12 - 14 an hour, man it's 9 Bucks an hour :smh:

As if that wasnt bad enough, you have to be clean cut. No beard, goatee, etc...

I have 5 days to make up my mind...

Just got let go today from my long 1 year at Home Depot...I hated the job but loved my co workers. A lot of them said to file unemployment. But I'm not sure if I'd want to although my manager said they wouldn't deny me. Think I'm going to apply at lowes for the time being and see if they call me back.

Damn, bro. Keep it up. Don't stop. I'm not exactly jobless but where I'm currently at gets me by and that's it. I've been looking for a new position for about five months because I've already reached the maximum amount they're willing to pay me. I've gotten about six to seven interviews since I started and no luck. I really owe all my dedication and hard work to my girlfriend, she keeps pushing me. Otherwise, I'd probably be content to settle here. I got really upset when I found out I hadn't gotten it, but she helped me to think positive and keep going. So keep going, bro. Don't quit, I wanted to so many times. But when your output is like 10-15 resumes a day, you gotta get lucky some time, right? Haha.
thanks man, means a lot. haha i use to send my resume out a ton and i would get calls back from places i didn't even know i applied for. thanks
The interview went well, just don't know if I want that job anymore... I thought the pay would be somewhere between 12 - 14 an hour, man it's 9 Bucks an hour
mean.gif

As if that wasnt bad enough, you have to be clean cut. No beard, goatee, etc...

I have 5 days to make up my mind...
take it man, get what you can and keep looking elsewhere in the mean time.

My unemployment is being delayed due to the office being severely backed up. I was initially told that I should start receiving my benefits this week so I hope it kicks in soon.

I've been getting a lot of help from my family and I appreciate it. Definitely want to start earning my own again tho.

Well I had an interview with the President of this ad agency and the interview went well. Should be hearing something by tomorrow. Crossing my fingers

USAJobs has too much red tape to go through plus the jobs will go to veterans first and those that have the required government clearance. Public sector jobs are almost never worth the trouble unless you have a definite in.

They weed out hundreds of thousands alone with how long the app takes. No one has time to fill out an app that takes an hour

Been working at Home Depot since I got back from trade school in December. Job is decent. Can't complain. I'm part time while in school full time. Usually 30 HRS a week. Noticed they started slightly cutting hours for folks. Went from 30 to 25 to 23 or so. Got a call today saying don't come in Monday. Checked my schedule online and only have 14 hours week after next. I can't do anything with that. 14 hours does not pay tuition, gas, bills, etc. I'm not even mad. Just annoyed. Need to find something else that will work with my school schedule. HD can go to hell for all I care.

Last edited:
My interview today was short as hell so I'm worried.
They didn't even ask me that much, just told me what the job requires and how many hours they needed.
Sending thank you emails tomorrow but I doubt I'm gettig this job :smh:

even though LA is expensive id leave for LA from Michigan in a heartbeat

on your salary you will just have to live within your means...........i dunno your debt to income ratio you do. thatd be the biggest factor

60k is the minimum you need to be out there

18.. Just looking for job that doesn't involve retail.

Worked at 3 grocery stores and FNL. Can't do it anymore. The feels to jaw every rude *** person I encounter is too real.

Back
Top Bottom