Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

dude.............................................................
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

how about the guy calls me 10 mins after the scheduled interview time talking bout he was on the phone with his superiors and was being told that they have found somebody to fill the position internally. Sooooo he just wanted to let me know that he will again keep my resume on file just in case the gig may require 2 consultants from their firm which he may get word on in 4-5 days.

grin.gif
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

shhh sucks

lol hard out here for a pimp

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Good luck to all y'all on the hunt for a job. I remember the struggle and I hated it so much.

yeah.  yall without jobs should keep checkin in this thread everyday.  keep yall motivation up.

here's a tip when i was feeling down.  this is something my dad never taught me cus he in prison.

when i went to my first interview i was real nervous. 
i sat on the bus going to the place and was about get off and walk home. i knew in my heart i was gonna fail this interview and embrasses myself.
but i'm glad i didn't get off.  i really pumped myself up by telling myself to stop being a little *#$*$.

then i thought..i might be only 15 but i'm growing into becoming a man.. i know this becus my mind has changed.  i'm seeking a better life than jus video games, hookers, and weed.
On the bus I just kept telling myself that real men don't let their fears take over them.  real men don't fear other people...

I told myself no matter what happens during this interview... that i know i'm doing the right thing because i'm trying to conquer the world.
I'm not going to let the world pass me by while I do nothing but sit on my butt and play videogames all day.

if you go into a interview with this mentally you will win... trust me.  O, and do whatever it takes during the interview.. to get notice.
I told every lie in the book to get my job.  I told them i graduated collage and has a degree and everything.  i even told them i was on the debate team at school lol.
most important tho is delivery.. and knowing how to have a conversation with people... don't fear the white man.  they always tryna bring a brother down!

I hope this helps someone. .

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

I told every lie in the book to get my job.  I told them i graduated collage and has a degree and everything.  i even told them i was on the debate team at school lol.
most important tho is delivery.. and knowing how to have a conversation with people...
I hope this helps someone. .

This is a bad idea depending on the company.  If its a retail or food service gig where background checks are pretty much for drugs/criminal records, you're probably fine, but for a career-oriented job you can be terminated with cause.  This means no severance, the inability to collect unemployment benefits, and obviously being unable to use them as reference for a future employer.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Anyone have tips for Wells Fargo group interviews?

Tell me what the position is, and when you applied. 

Was it for an advisor position?

What degree do you have, and the timeframe they took to get back to you? 

i got terminated from a law enforcement agency.... (wrongfully terminated)

do i still put them on my resume worked for them for about 3 months.... kinda worried what they are going to say.

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Originally Posted by TannerVon

Had my second interview today at a Nike store, went real well. Said they will be letting me know Tuesday or Wednesday.

how did u apply for the job? i would really like to work for nike
Nikebiz.com, good luck

RN a year out of nursing school, never been employed yet, but I think that's about to change.

Crossing my fingers. I'm kinda scared that I'm gunna be overworked and stressed out of my mind but I'm ready to handle it because I realized that the only thing worse than feeling overstressed and overworked is feeling like you contribute NOTHING in life.

It had gotten so bad that I took to avoiding everyone I knew because everyone I knew was working and living their lives and I felt like I haven't started living mine yet.

Good luck to everybody. 

There has been an argument at work regarding severance package we are suppose to get. Full Time Employees want a small cut of it. Do you guys think it's right for them to take a cut of it? By definition severance is for ppl laid off. Their future is not clear and the company could shut down. They think the money they are entitled to will help them out when that happens. It's a Union job at a newspaper company. They are saying that without the Union and the old-timers that paved the way, we wouldn't even get a severance package because of that or the work and pay we got wouldn't be as good without the Union. I respect that but I'm going by the definition of severance. What do you guys think?

Start work tomrrow at comcast got the job from a temp agency but they offered me the job. A lot of yall should sign up through a temp agency a lot of times they keep you on

Originally Posted by amel223

RN a year out of nursing school, never been employed yet, but I think that's about to change.

Crossing my fingers. I'm kinda scared that I'm gunna be overworked and stressed out of my mind but I'm ready to handle it because I realized that the only thing worse than feeling overstressed and overworked is feeling like you contribute NOTHING in life.

It had gotten so bad that I took to avoiding everyone I knew because everyone I knew was working and living their lives and I felt like I haven't started living mine yet.

Good luck to everybody. 

I know that feel bro

Originally Posted by Xavier

i got terminated from a law enforcement agency.... (wrongfully terminated)

do i still put them on my resume worked for them for about 3 months.... kinda worried what they are going to say.

yes you can put it on your resume... just don't use them as a reference

got a call today from my Alma Mater...interviewing for an academic advisor in the college of sciences with the dean on Thursday

seems like im getting more calls for interviews....if nutin else I can say im getting a ton of practice

last page had a couple posts that made me laugh a lil bit...i needed that.

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by debs 168

honestly i understand why ppl sell drugs.
not saying i'd do it, just saying...
laugh.gif

Honestly I am becoming very frustrated also
frown.gif

I have an interview on the 2nd
pimp.gif

for a drug dealer position?  what are you gonna end up selling?

Gonna go show my face at the Apple store where I applied.

Got this today and can't believe it. I OVER MEET EVERY DAMN REQUIREMENT.
Opened the email like
pimp.gif
eek.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Enterprise.

I have received your application for the Work From Home - Reservation Sales Representative , however you did not meet the minimum qualifications for the position as stated below.
  • High School Diploma or GED
  • Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
  • Must be at least 18 years old
  • Minimum of 6 months previous customer service experience
  • Minimum 1 year work experience at the same employer
  • Previous sales experience in a retail or customer service environment or equivalent, preferred
  • Must be able to work 40 hours per week
  • Must be able to work afternoon and evening schedules, based on business need
  • Must be able to work both weekend days (Saturday & Sunday)
  • Must have the ability to meet PC, Internet, and telephone equipment requirements
Work From Home Requirements: 
  • Must live in (314) or (636) area code
  • Ability to attend 4 week New Hire Training class at the St. Louis Contact Center.  Training is Monday-Friday from 8-5pm.
  • Have permanent residence with a defined working space (home office, spare bedroom, etc.) that is clean, ventilated and quiet
  • Working space with working smoke detector, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit
Work From Home Technical Requirements:
  • Computer (PC)
  • High speed internet service
  • Computer USB Headset with Microphone or PC speakers and microphone
** Enterprise reserves the right to verify that your PC meets or exceeds the following requirements. 

Again, thank you for your interest in employment opportunities. We wish you much luck in your job search!

Sincerely,

Hey guys. Here are some openings at the ad agency where I work. If anyone meets the criteria, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you. I'm sorry that a lot of you won't meet the criteria, but I'll continue to look for more opportunities in the future. (I apologize in advance for the size of the post.)

[table][tr][td]
Open Job Listings
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Job Description
[/td] [/tr][/table]

JobTitle: Associate Project Manager     

Department:ProjectManagement

ReportsTo: VP, Digital Project Management

Qualifications

o  1- 2 years project management experience in a Web development and/or one of thefollowing environments: online marketing, offline marketing/advertising,technology, television or film.

o  Stronginterpersonal, writing and verbal skills

o  Understandingof the influence and interactions between business requirements, marketingcontext, agency/client/third party dynamics and interactive deliverables

o  Familiaritywith Online Advertising, Email Marketing and Web Development including, primaryand secondary research, strategy, design, editorial, information architecture,usability, and technology with working knowledge of several

o  Abilitymulti-task/ Highly organized and detail oriented

o  Strongsense of ownership of process and results

o  Knowledgeof Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite

o  Workingknowledge of Creative and Technical programs and tools a plus

Responsibilities Include

o  Collaboratewith Account Management and Project Management staff in managingaccounts/projects through the solution delivery process from project pursuitand definition to project delivery and evaluation

o  Workwith the team to develop all project documentation including scopes of work,project plans, solution blueprints, project definition plans, contact/statusreports

o  SupportAccount Management team to manage client expectations and communications flow

o  Collaboration/ Management of vendors and other third parties

o  Assistin the management of schedules, resource projection and consumption sheets,team expectations, and budgets for assigned jobs

o  Riskmitigation related to scope and quality including communicating cleardescription of problems and potential solutions to senior staff in anticipationof problems or when they arise

o  Prepareagendas and facilitate internal/external project meetings

o  Manageinternal review, approval, presentation preparation and presentation/deliveryto client with team

o  Reviewof deliverables with team

o  Ensureaccurate trafficking of deliverables to client or third parties

o  Ensurethat project time tracking and budget reconciliations are accurate and updated

o  Materiallycontribute to project deliverables where appropriate

o  EnsureQuality Assurance carried out on all deliverables

o  Ensureclient approvals and sign-offs obtained on all deliverables

o  Maintainthe integrity of the MRM service delivery process, EESEE including adherence toall development and administrative conventions and procedures

o  Helpidentify new opportunities with existing clients and participate in businessdevelopment efforts with potential clients

o  Improveskills with business and project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Suiteand Microsoft Project)

o  Carryout additional, unanticipated supplementary/complementary tasks as required

JobTitle: Pharmaceutical Art Director

Department: Creative        

ReportsTo: Creative Director      
Summary
Produces bold, strategic, and persuasive products in allmedia for our clients 

Responsibility

·       Conceives and executes advertising consistent with theagreed strategy

·       Is responsible for original visual conceptions, for typeand art treatments

·       Seeks out and works with photographers, artists, studioin his area of specialization

·       Initiates and manages creative work in Art Studio(and/or outside vendor) and oversees all aspects of job i.e., comps,mechanicals, retouching, disc release, including the management of time andbudget

·       Works closely with Production (and/or TV production) tocome up with the best possible creative solutions for that job

·       Involves Art Buyer for getting in outside talent(photography, illustration) via portfolios supplying costs and otherinformation

·       Under the direction, and with the approval, of theirGroup Creative Director, the Art Director sees work through to its production

·       Must also be able to work productively and harmoniouslyas a teammate with copywriters and production/producers who share theresponsibility on the given assignment

·       Participate in and contributes to the new businessactivities of the agency

·       Responsiblefor supporting SVP’s leadership within department

·       Compliesto quality standards for the team as set forth by the department head

·       Workswith supervisor to foster innovative solutions

·       Buildsrelationship at appropriate client/vender level

·       Worksclosely with upper management to identify and suggest solutions on how toimprove departmental and team morale

·       Keepsabreast of current trends and the latest technological advances

·       Helpsto elevate department’s role in the whole advertising process

Tasks

·       Developsconcepts and/or storyboards (for DRTV), collaborating with Production as needed

·       Meetswith Account and Traffic who review work in progress and select desiredconcepts

·       Presentsconcepts to other corridors if necessary and revise concepts/storyboardsaccording to comments

·       Revisesrecommendations based on any client comments and share approved recommendationswith all departments

·       Generatesa Concept Estimate for client presentation (your supervisor’s prior approval isrequired)

·       Givesinput to Traffic to generate a more accurate Key-Date Schedule after conceptsare selected (your supervisor’s prior approval is required)

·       Discussespaper with Production prior to Production’s ordering of samples

·       Developsa Spec Sheet in Pre-production meeting with Production, Media, Studio andStrategic Services

·       Createsart list and memo relating details of photo shoots/stock photography

·       Purchasesart

·       Holdsphoto shoot

·       Discussesretouching with Production Manager and client to obtain approval

·       Givesinput when image scanned for high resolution and retouching

·       Reviewsand presents match print from Production and Studio to client for approval

·       Loadsfinal art into mechanical for final release

·       Workswith Copywriter to develop Copy Deck

·       Seeksinternal approval of Copy Deck by Creative, Account and other corridors

·       ReviewsCopy Deck internally for legal considerations

·       PresentsCopy Deck to client and revises copy based on client comments

·       Sendsthe final copy to Studio

·       Seeksapproval from all involved on layout and/or mechanical

·       Workswith studio to generate mechanicals

·       Preparescolor breaks from color lasers generated from the disk

·       Routesdisk with fulfillment piece copy to whoever is handling prop development (ifMRM is handling creation and production of the fulfillment piece)

·       Givesschedule updates to Traffic (your supervisor’s prior approval is required)

·       Givesinput to Traffic to prepare Formal Estimate (your supervisor’s prior approvalis required)

·       Debriefsand presents project team with key findings

·       Participatesin weekly departmental staff meetings

·       Keepssupervisor apprised of the status of work

·       Presentsrecommendations with Creative/Strategic Services/Media as appropriate (e.g.creative concepts, research, lists, DRTV scripts, etc.) to client

·       Reviewspaper recommendations (weight, color, etc.) and mechanicals with client toobtain approval

·       Workswith Art Buyer to get a bid on art required

·       ProvidesProducer with approved storyboards, job number and air date

·       Workswith Art Director, writer and producer to begin production of rough cut

Qualifications

·       Talent, judgment and imagination for the creation andarrangement of the visual elements of an advertisement

·       Digital background a must

·       Skilled in art techniques as well as computer efficient

·       Art education in advertising design and conceptualthinking

·       Previous experience as an Art Director/Associate ArtDirector

·       Portfolio and reel required to demonstrate creative andtechnical skills

·       Musthave 1+ years of experience within direct marketing with digital experience

·       Excellentcommunication skills, both written and oral

·       Computerliterate

·       Teamplayer

·       Strongproblem solving skills and detail oriented

·       Minimumof a Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience preferred

JobTitle: Account Executive

Department:  Account Services   

ReportsTo:  Account Supervisor

Experience:

·     Digital,Interactive, Online, Print, Direct Mail, CRM, B2B, B2C

Qualifications:

·     Minimumof 2 years as Account Executive

·     Excellentcommunication skills, both written and oral

·     Strongproblem solving skills

·     Teamplayer that’s detail oriented with a can do attitude

·     Abilityto juggle multiple projects

·     Bachelorsdegree required

·     Proficientin MS Office Suite

·     Clientindustry experience in High Tech, Telecom, Finance, Carrier Services preferred

Responsibilities:

·     Developsproactive business building ideas for client and agency

·     Isthe assignment expert; knows the detail on job status

·     Monitorscompetitive activity and collects competitive samples

·     Ensuresa Budget Estimate is generated and approved in a timely fashion

·     Ensuresthat a client’s signed estimate is secured prior to costs being incurred.

·     Compliesto quality standards for the team as set forth by the department head

·     Workswith Creative, Production and Studio to ensure Spec Sheets are developed

·     Presentsand obtains client approval on Budget, Concept and Formal Estimates

·     Buildsrelationships at appropriate client/vendor level

·     Keepsabreast of current trends and the latest technological advances

Personality:

·     ShowsInitiative

·     Aggressive

·     TeamPlayer
·     Adaptableto change

Thanks for the advice Gutta.

Im just coming the interview now. We both had a mutual understanding that I'd outgrown my position. I might be placed in another position paying nearly triple what making now. Only thing is it's also triple the demand and pressure. We'll see what happens next. I'm still on the job hunt daily tho.

Back
Top Bottom