Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

as far as lying on a resume....

i literally have no idea how to lie on a resume.....and people tell me EVERYONE does this ALL the time....

like, length of time worked? how do you lie about what you did? just make it sound better?

makes no sense to me.

but, hey, HR people are ******ed, so if you can fool them for profit, more power to you.
HR doesnt typically perform background checks. A background check company like LexusNexis and First Advantage can find the truth. I've been asked to provide W2s.

What sites do you guys use for a job search. I'll be attending grad school in the fall and relocating, would like to get a job in my new market.
LinkedIn, Indeed, directly on employer's website

Last edited:
Im not doing good guys. stuck in a rut. the biggest rut I have been in in my life. I still have yet to find a job.

I waited too long to respond to that job that doesnt pay enough. I havent had any calls in the last week and a half.

Had two flat tires in the last week. I had to buy used tires. I need two more tires before the other two pop.

Yesterday my gf called me a few hours after she left for work telling me she just quit her job. She didnt have anything lined up at all.

>:  Meanwhile rent was picked up yesterday $1400 which I was only able to contribute $200 to.

My gf and I have two weddings to go to this month one all the way in Washington. Shes in both so we have to go.

Any advice, tips motivation prayers would be appreciated
Hope your situation turns around quick man. Sucks to hear stuff like that.

Also, get that can't miss out of your vocabulary for now. The wedding is an extra expense that you don't have to allocate your assets to. Save as much as you can ... True friends would understand the situation.

I'm in good standing, but i feel like if i pull tge "i can't come in family emergency etc." That standing will diminish and I can't risk losing this job at the moment without a back up plan.
do you have any PTO? Vacation? Sick Days?

I'm in good standing, but i feel like if i pull tge "i can't come in family emergency etc." That standing will diminish and I can't risk losing this job at the moment without a back up plan.
I prefer to use "personal matter to attend to" or "Docot's Appointment" versus "family emergency" out of fear of speaking it into existence. **** happens... Employers know and generally accept that. If you are in good standing and you play as big a role as you say then you won't get fired for taking a day off. They need you.

Also, keep in mind you are seeking a new opportunity. You can't let your current job hold you back from finding a new job. Do you best to line up interviews in a short period of time and take a block of days off. Again, its not a crime to take a day off. Unless you are the CEO, the company was there before you and will be there when you're gone.

It's mind-boggling that folks don't think they can take time off to attend to personal matters (e.g. recruiting/interviews).

Look out for yourself first. There's no loyalty between you and your current company.

if you have flex time, go in at the *** crack of dawn and schedule something for late(r) in the afternoon...

Last edited:
It's mind-boggling that folks don't think they can take time off to attend to personal matters (e.g. recruiting/interviews).

Look out for yourself first. There's no loyalty between you and your current company.

Yeah man. They could get rid of you tomorrow and then you'd be salty you turned down that interview because you didnt want to take time off.

No loyalty with these companies

Hope your situation turns around quick man. Sucks to hear stuff like that.

Also, get that can't miss out of your vocabulary for now. The wedding is an extra expense that you don't have to allocate your assets to. Save as much as you can ... True friends would understand the situation.
do you have any PTO? Vacation? Sick Days?

I prefer to use "personal matter to attend to" or "Docot's Appointment" versus "family emergency" out of fear of speaking it into existence. **** happens... Employers know and generally accept that. If you are in good standing and you play as big a role as you say then you won't get fired for taking a day off. They need you.

Also, keep in mind you are seeking a new opportunity. You can't let your current job hold you back from finding a new job. Do you best to line up interviews in a short period of time and take a block of days off. Again, its not a crime to take a day off. Unless you are the CEO, the company was there before you and will be there when you're gone.

Yea i can do it that way of having a doctor's appointment but my boss wants a week - two weeks notice. Thats no problem if another job gives me a heads up on the interview not just a 12 hr notice.

Yeah man. They could get rid of you tomorrow and then you'd be salty you turned down that interview because you didnt want to take time off.

No loyalty with these companies
Yea I dig where you coming from

Man my boy is currently making 88k I think as an Assistant Manager in training. Dude is looking to leave the company cause he hasn't received a solid word if he's going to get a store and when. He's afraid a store might not open up and let go.

With that said he just received a call from his town PD and he's considering taking the offer if it present it self. The job starts at 38k ...

Moral of the story he's a dumb ***. Second moral some people prefer stability and a guarantee income rather than be uncertain of the future even if earning twice as much. Look out 4 urself

that drop off tho 
sick.gif

Just go to another retail store

I know man ... Dude really don't want to bounce from retail store to retail store .. He wants stability and from what he's saying. He will be struggling for at least 5 years until he hits top pay which is somewhere in the 50 plus overtime and details it might go up to 70-90k of course he has to put OT.

He said in the long run 20 years at least he knows he has a pension unlike retail. I told him stick with retail and invest. LoL

cat on my job got the axe yesterday :smh: only been on for about 4 months too. The way they did him was so gangsta too :x had me on my A game at work today.

^ what happened?

we travel a lot for work, and integrity is a big part of the system. Manager pulled up at his last stop, hid and waited to catch him abusing the clock. Popped out after a certain amount of time and gave him the axe. The fact that it was done face to face was grimy. there are a few more details that I care not to discuss.

Man its so hard to stay positive. I be positive for a few weeks then I'm right back in a funk again.
I'm in the same situation just got some part-time jobs recently just to pay the bills.   Be'n idle will drive you CRAY CRAY!

In today's age its all about "who you know" so it's okay to reach for a lil help from your peers.  

I got some leads currently by do'n this ... sometimes people want to be so prideful and hesitate to reach out for help.  

I have a degree and I have been do'n freelance ever since I graduated, but my time is come'n just build'n those relationships over the years have paid off in due time!!!! 

Now I am closer than I have ever been in ... YOU ARE YOUR WORST ENEMY!!!!

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation just got some part-time jobs recently just to pay the bills.   Be'n idle will drive you CRAY CRAY!
In today's age its all about "who you know" so it's okay to reach for a lil help from your peers.  
I got some leads currently by do'n this ... sometimes people want to be so prideful and hesitate to reach out for help.  
I have a degree and I have been do'n freelance ever since I graduated, but my time is come'n just build'n those relationships over the years have paid off in due time!!!! 

Now I am closer than I have ever been in ... YOU ARE YOUR WORST ENEMY!!!!
Yea man, I feel you on that. I honestly feel like my degree doesn't mean **** lol. I never thought not working would drive me insane coming from working two jobs but this **** is bringing me to the edge. Today's my birthday but instead of feeling good, I just feel even worse about the situation since I'm older lmao. It's life tho fam

Yea man, I feel you on that. I honestly feel like my degree doesn't mean **** lol. I never thought not working would drive me insane coming from working two jobs but this **** is bringing me to the edge. Today's my birthday but instead of feeling good, I just feel even worse about the situation since I'm older lmao. It's life tho fam

Well Happy Birfday brodie!!! ... I also have the most common degree ever, "Mass Communications" so i totally feel ya on that!
Just wanted to let ya know ur not the only one go'n thru the same situation.
Always remember life is whateva u put out in the universe.
#FACTS

Have any of you guys heard of Schedule A appointment within the federal government? It can help you get within the government faster. All you need is a letter form your doctor stating you have a physical or mental disability. I know this sound weird, but depression (especially from not working) is considered a mental disabilty. This is how I got my job where I am off of schedule A appointment. Also, you do not have to disclose on any application what your disability is. There are a host of jobs in the government that may very well suit a lot of you guys. I hope that helps.

Have any of you guys heard of Schedule A appointment within the federal government? It can help you get within the government faster. All you need is a letter form your doctor stating you have a physical or mental disability. I know this sound weird, but depression (especially from not working) is considered a mental disabilty. This is how I got my job where I am off of schedule A appointment. Also, you do not have to disclose on any application what your disability is. There are a host of jobs in the government that may very well suit a lot of you guys. I hope that helps.

Thats interesting i may have to tell a few buddies.

If I may ask what do they have you doing or your job title and specifics?

Back
Top Bottom