Joe Budden responds to Meth, Red, and Busta

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Those were definitely sub-par albums (HH is a mixtape and very mediocre) in my eyes. Having a good album is the benchmark of any great rapper. It has nothing to do with execs or independent vs major label. Its shows that an artist has mastered their craft and has a vehicle to show it to the rest of the world. Thats why people look at Fab and Kiss as underachievers and Blu as a rising star (and hes independent also)...its the reason why Murda Mook and Jae Millz are not considered GOATS....somehow y'all Budden fans (stans) are just blinded to the reality of dudes career and who he is as an MC in respect to the hundreds of other great artists out.
Ehhh, I'm no stan... you're right, Joe isn't the greatest of all time. But I don't think he considers himself to be anyways...

Still, nobody does it better than Budden when I'm in that mood, IMO. Could you please put me up on rappers of thesame steez?

Those were definitely sub-par albums (HH is a mixtape and very mediocre) in my eyes.
everyone does have an opinion...but this is one i jus can't agree with...Padded Room was a let down to me because of how
pimp.gif
Halfway Housewas...

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

edit: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=48331

As much as Budden usually gets on my nerves on Joe Budden TV (I think it's his tone or arrogance), I couldn't deny that he made great points during the Up Close & Personal piece.Sure, saying "I'll cut his head off his shoulders" was a poor choice of words, but come on, you knew it wasn't a physical reference, all lyrics. Joe's being condemned for saying what every MC is really thinking. I'm sure these new kids respect the hell out of Meth, but I'm pretty sure they all think they're better than him. And as Joe pointed out, they should. Every damn MC should feel like they're the best out. When it's all said and done. People have been trying to crucify Joe for his opinion. What kind of @*%% is that? And he's willing to prove it too, but I've yet to hear anybody step to the plate.

My favorite part of the interview is when he broke down comments that Method Man and Busta Rhymes said on Ed Lover's morning show. Meth claims Budden is dissing him cause his album's coming out. But as Joe pointed out, if he really wanted to get promo out of dissing somebody, he would have A) dissed a bigger, more relevant artist B)dissed the artist when his album was coming out, not Meth's. Secondly, Meth tried clowning Joe for being on the bench. While I'm not too sure Joe's independent by choice and not circumstance, Meth isn't in the best of situations either. Sure, he's on Def Jam, but as Budden mentioned, most view him as being on the bench on the team (I know he said door but team makes more sense) he wants to play for. On another note, why is Busta Rhymes suggesting a Joe slap when all the dude wants to do is rap? Budden is talking music, but Bus is talking violence. I don't see him catching flack for that, though.

I respect him tremendously for talking $%% and be willing to back it up rather than speak on some politically correct BS he doesn't even believe. By the way, I never would have wrote a blog like this about anybody other rapper. They too damn sensitive. I did cause I know Budden won't take offense to it. He gets it. There won't be no response on Joe Budden TV or no angry vlogs. He gets it. But apparently a lot of people don't.-Jackpot
This said it best. I honestly dont think Joey is the bad guy here.

Point I made on the 1st pg but everybody is neglectin it, cause it's Busta. All these ##$%!@ cryin and !+%* but none of em put out a disstrack on Budden. Where's the music?!?!?! If u that confident in ya skills put it on wax and stop the bickerin.

NT hate Joey more and more everyday as the start to idoloize Drake
laugh.gif
And all the other artists that dude's mentioned who were never"mainstream" shouldn't count cause I'm sure 85% of the world never heard of them ##$%!@.

But I said it before and I'll say it again. SHUT UP AND MAKE THE MUSIC

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

Those were definitely sub-par albums (HH is a mixtape and very mediocre) in my eyes.
everyone does have an opinion...but this is one i jus can't agree with...Padded Room was a let down to me because of how
pimp.gif
Halfway House was...
That's the only reason why I think Padded Room was so lackluster, 'cause I like a lot of the tracks off of it (I really liked everythingpast track 4). Had he only switched the releases, both works would have been considered GREAT!

Originally Posted by KnowledgeTheFoundation

lol

"I have a response that if I say would really make him wanna put hands on me."

say it then!

meth's wife had cancer.

joe's known to take $$@$ to an od personal level with people.

I dont see why every one is so mad at joe for his opinions. I mean the twitter thing was disrepetful, but joe said kevin liles asked him to do a referencetrack for method man( what would you think if someone asked you to do that for another rapper)

And how come nobody is mad at fab for his opinions he said meth aint spit a hot verse since triumph on his twitter thats disrespectful to me

# And dont get me wrong, Method Man had some %%@%.. Tical is a Classic, But can anyone say Mef had anything classic since "Triumph" verse ??7:34 AMMay 14th from web

# MzFabRicia thanks babe7:32 AM May 14th from txt

# @mousebudden $@%+%# r livin in the past. Method Man was dope. He cannot %$%% wit @mouse budden n my opionon. Maybe back when, but right ...7:22 AM May 14thfrom txt

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

edit: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=48331

As much as Budden usually gets on my nerves on Joe Budden TV (I think it's his tone or arrogance), I couldn't deny that he made great points during the Up Close & Personal piece.Sure, saying "I'll cut his head off his shoulders" was a poor choice of words, but come on, you knew it wasn't a physical reference, all lyrics. Joe's being condemned for saying what every MC is really thinking. I'm sure these new kids respect the hell out of Meth, but I'm pretty sure they all think they're better than him. And as Joe pointed out, they should. Every damn MC should feel like they're the best out. When it's all said and done. People have been trying to crucify Joe for his opinion. What kind of @*%% is that? And he's willing to prove it too, but I've yet to hear anybody step to the plate.

My favorite part of the interview is when he broke down comments that Method Man and Busta Rhymes said on Ed Lover's morning show. Meth claims Budden is dissing him cause his album's coming out. But as Joe pointed out, if he really wanted to get promo out of dissing somebody, he would have A) dissed a bigger, more relevant artist B)dissed the artist when his album was coming out, not Meth's. Secondly, Meth tried clowning Joe for being on the bench. While I'm not too sure Joe's independent by choice and not circumstance, Meth isn't in the best of situations either. Sure, he's on Def Jam, but as Budden mentioned, most view him as being on the bench on the team (I know he said door but team makes more sense) he wants to play for. On another note, why is Busta Rhymes suggesting a Joe slap when all the dude wants to do is rap? Budden is talking music, but Bus is talking violence. I don't see him catching flack for that, though.

I respect him tremendously for talking $%% and be willing to back it up rather than speak on some politically correct BS he doesn't even believe. By the way, I never would have wrote a blog like this about anybody other rapper. They too damn sensitive. I did cause I know Budden won't take offense to it. He gets it. There won't be no response on Joe Budden TV or no angry vlogs. He gets it. But apparently a lot of people don't.-Jackpot
This said it best. I honestly dont think Joey is the bad guy here.

truth.

I really hope future hip hop confrontation don't escalate on Twitter. If they do I'm sticking to rock and never coming back

Only herbs have twitter beefs. Just drop diss tracks or go body each other in the streets. %%%+ is lame now. Too many scrubs line stepping for attention.

And I gotta correct myself...HH was fire.

I guess I just played it out, had to re-listen to appreciate it.

There are a couple duds on there still tho.

But son's music just doesn't hold my attention for long. I think its his overly nasal voice and production
sick.gif

This @+$%* Joe smoking crack.

Aint nothing wrong with being confident in yourself and having an opinion. But this @+$%* went outta his way to make a video of himself talking $%%+ and postit online. That's a real !%@%% move, extra feminine. And he's surprised tt\hat dudes are taking offense?

In 2009 I'm sure Lebron can beat Jordan but what does that really prove?

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

that he's better in 2009... which is joe's whole point...

That's not even true, but even if it is, why bring it up ? They will go down as legendary rappers with big contributions to the game while he will go downas that failure who made Pump it Up; if he goes down at all.

That's like David Lee coming out saying "I'm better than Kareem Abdul Jabar
pimp.gif
" .... shut the $*+# up, you are a nobody outside yourlittle internet fan club.

This @+$%* Joe smoking crack.

Aint nothing wrong with being confident in yourself and having an opinion. But this @+$%* went outta his way to make a video of himself talking $%%+ and post it online. That's a real !%@%% move, extra feminine. And he's surprised tt\hat dudes are taking offense?

Jordan aint hoopin any more meth just dropped an album

To me the only thing budden said that was disrespectful was that meth didnt write his own rhymes everything else is his opinion and people shouldnt get mad atthat.

Plus just like funk flex said meth is very overated. Even back in the so called golden era he wasnt one of the best rappers doing it. He was an avg rapper in agreat group. He had great energy and he had a good flow. I dont even think he was top 5 in the wu lyrically, plus redman stay outshining him. But thats just myopinion.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

that he's better in 2009... which is joe's whole point...
But the Vibe list was about all time. I swear people are so blinded by their favorite rappers

That's like David Lee coming out saying "I'm better than Kareem Abdul Jabar
pimp.gif
" .... shut the *@$+ up, you are a nobody outside your little internet fan club.

The internet is the biggest way to get your music out in 2009. That's why I don't understand why you would even make a reference to the "internetfan club." Who would know Vinnie Paz or any of those other no name rappers that you love to name outside of the internet?
laugh.gif
Get real.

Put it this way in no way, shape, or form is Meth better than Budden....its not even close

Joe Budden is completely irrelevent to hip hop without the internet.

Vinnie Paz dropped the greatest underground hip hop album of all-time before most people even had internet... I'm pretty sure he's relevant regardless.Same with Meth/Red/Busta who already had significant contributions. Budden has contributed nothing. He won't be remembered or mentioned for anything in thehip hop history books. His fans just can't seem to understand this. You would think getting ripped by Saigon would be enough....

Originally Posted by M16

Vinnie Paz dropped the greatest underground hip hop album of all-time before most people even had internet... I'm pretty sure he's relevant regardless. Same with Meth/Red/Busta who already had significant contributions. Budden has contributed nothing. He won't be remembered or mentioned for anything in the hip hop history books. His fans just can't seem to understand this. You would think getting ripped by Saigon would be enough....
Lol its 2009...most rappers would be nothing without the internet....the internet consists of real people so that really means nothing.....Hip HopHistory Book??? Last I checked artists job is to put out good music and thats exactly what Budden does and youre insanse if you think he didnt win that battlevs saigon

Originally Posted by M16

Vinnie Paz dropped the greatest underground hip hop album of all-time before most people even had internet... I'm pretty sure he's relevant regardless. Same with Meth/Red/Busta who already had significant contributions. Budden has contributed nothing. He won't be remembered or mentioned for anything in the hip hop history books. His fans just can't seem to understand this. You would think getting ripped by Saigon would be enough....

So I guess the whole 2002- 2005 mix tape grind that budden was on meant nothing to his career. I guess the internet got him signed to a major label. Theinternet helped him get noticed by dj clue right. Cmon fam budden been around for awhile and he was poppin before the internet really had stuff on lock.Mixtapes and countless freestyles focus, and pump it up got joe budden poppin in 02, 03. If you gonna talk about his fans and what they cant understand atleast know how his career got started.

Also why you acting like having an internet fan base is a bad thing, you acting like its not people on the internet, you acting like they robots or spacealiens or something. You talking crazy fam

I was gonna read our comment then I saw your sig.
indifferent.gif
Re-evaluate how you listen to music.

Originally Posted by devv

Originally Posted by M16

Vinnie Paz dropped the greatest underground hip hop album of all-time before most people even had internet... I'm pretty sure he's relevant regardless.
Same with Meth/Red/Busta who already had significant contributions. Budden has contributed nothing. He won't be remembered or mentioned for anything in the
hip hop history books. His fans just can't seem to understand this. You would think getting ripped by Saigon would be enough....

So I guess the whole 2002- 2005 mix tape grind that budden was on meant nothing to his career. I guess the internet got him signed to a major label. The internet helped him get noticed by dj clue right. Cmon fam budden been around for awhile and he was poppin before the internet really had stuff on lock. Mixtapes and countless freestyles focus, and pump it up got joe budden poppin in 02, 03. If you gonna talk about his fans and what they cant understand at least know how his career got started.

Also why you acting like having an internet fan base is a bad thing, you acting like its not people on the internet, you acting like they robots or space aliens or something. You talking crazy fam

It's not a bad thing but be serious. Do Joe's accomplishments come anywhere near any of the dudes he called out ?

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Put it this way in no way, shape, or form is Joe Buddens Career better than Method Man's....its not even close

*fixed

Why dudes worried about his career?? Fact is Meth cant rap better than Joe...Robert Horrys career is better than Lebrons right now but in now way is RobertHorry a better player than Lebron

Originally Posted by mossman75

Put it this way in no way, shape, or form is Joe Buddens Career better than Method Man's....its not even close

*fixed

Why dudes worried about his career?? Fact is Meth cant rap better than Joe...Robert Horrys career is better than Lebrons right now but in now way is Robert Horry a better player than Lebron

Careers matter a whole lot, you can be a great rapper but without classic songs and albums to go with it whats the point.

Back
Top Bottom