Joe Rogan Podcast

Except that he isnt for literally the reasons I listed. He just rambles on, mostly about BS bro science, and gets carried by his guests. That’s why the only episodes people care about are one like Bill Burr or Elon cause theyre the interesting parts of the show.

if you want to believe he became the most popular podcast in America by being a terrible podcaster

go ahead and believe this this, it's a free country
unfortunately you are just obviously wrong.

personally I don't listen Rogan unless he's got a guest I'm really interested in, but thousands of people listen to all the episodes...because he's good at it.

you may dislike it, but don't let your dislike for him make you say things that don't make sense. :lol:

Fox News is also incredibly terrible, yet popular

Rupert Murdoch built an empire off of being terrible

joe rogan being as popular/successful as he is while being mediocre ain’t surprising, history is full of white men that fit THAT exact description

Fox News is also incredibly terrible, yet popular

Rupert Murdoch built an empire off of being terrible

joe rogan being as popular/successful as he is while being mediocre ain’t surprising, history is full of white men that fit THAT exact description

Roger Ailes was really good at making entertaining, eye catching television that grabs the a certain kind of audiences and doesn't let go.

it may be be morally terribly, it maybe fake journalism/propaganda.

but it is well produced television and visually dynamic and appealing.

again sometimes terrible people are good at things, it's okay.
Roger Ailes was a sexual abuser who was good at making television.

Rupert Murdoch is good at making conservative infotainment.
no need to pretend like they aren't because they are bad people.

Dave is problematic, too. A lot of people don’t want to admit that, but as I get older the funnier he looks in the light.

this is the point im trying to make.

Dave is out here with the transphobic jokes, with the homophobic jokes, with all kinds of problematic content but you wanna draw the line at don't be friends with Joe Rogan, it's mad weird to me. but hey different strokes.

Being popular doesn’t make you good

the cowboys are easily the most popular nfl team and they’ve won like 3 playoff games in the last quarter of a century

getting people to watch your football team is fundamentally different than winning playoff games, one is not evidence of the other.

"Creating interesting audio content that people want to listen to"
the amount of listeners and fans you acquire is evidence of your ability to do this.

guess what, Rush Limbaugh was really really good at radio.
its okay for people who you don't like to be good at things.

getting people to watch your football team is fundamentally different than winning playoff games, one is not evidence of the other.

"Creating interesting audio content that people want to listen to"
the amount of listeners and fans you acquire is evidence of your ability to do this.

guess what, Rush Limbaugh was really really good at radio.
its okay for people who you don't like to be good at things.

it‘s also ok for mediocre people to succeed

the cowboys are a mediocre football team and yet they get a lot of viewers

if they were to actually make a super or nfc championship game, that would easily be the most viewed

the jaguars easily have had more success than the cowboys in the last quarter of a century

It’s wild what joe has become
The podcast is completely different than what it was up to 2016ish. I don’t even listen anymore.
It eventually became him having the same conversation over and over with different guests. Now it is what it is now

joe will use his gigantic platform to say some nonsense to his legion of followers and then use his go-to BS excuse “why would you listen to me, I’m an idiot”

it‘s also ok for mediocre people to succeed

the cowboys are a mediocre football team and yet they get a lot of viewers

if they were to actually make a super or nfc championship game, that would easily be the most viewed

the jaguars easily have had more success than the cowboys in the last quarter of a century

okay man.

I work in media industry, i've been involved in producing some podcasts series.
it's really really hard.

i've been on reality shows directing non actors.
95% of people require hours and hours of editing, to make them sound semi coherent and interesting.

if you think what Rogan is doing is easy or doesn't require talent you are deluding yourself.

if rogan is so mediocre I implore you to turn on a microphone and talk into it for 3 hours and see how much useable content you get out of it.

okay man.

I work in media industry, i've been involved in producing some podcasts series.
it's really really hard.

i've been on reality shows directing non actors.
95% of people require hours and hours of editing, to make them sound semi coherent and interesting.

if you think what Rogan is doing is easy or doesn't require talent you are deluding yourself.

if rogan is so mediocre I implore you to turn on a microphone and talk into it for 3 hours and see how much useable content you get out of it.

nfl not an entertainment product?

amazing why all of these networks and streaming platforms are lining up with billions to be able to show their games then

hey look at the cowboy no 1 and knicks no 3

I have zero clue what point you think you're are making.

Sports leagues are essentially cartels with each team operating a regional monopoly.

podcasting is not that, there are billions of podcasts, it's highly competitive. it doesn't require significant capital investment to start one, anyone can grab a Yeti mic and start talking.

again I repeat, if rogan is so mediocre, turn on you own microphone start talking.
if the biggest podcast in the world is run by such untalented people you should do gangbusters.

I have zero clue what point you think you're are making.

Sports leagues are essentially cartels with each team operating a regional monopoly.

podcasting is not that, there are billions of podcasts, it's highly competitive. it doesn't require significant capital investment to start one, anyone can grab a Yeti mic and start talking.

again I repeat, if rogan is so mediocre, turn on you own microphone start talking.
if the biggest podcast in the world is run by such untalented people you should do gangbusters.

So you don't think Rogan's prior work experience on MTV and UFC didn't make it easier for his podcast to be successful?

Rogan speaks to all dudes who wore tap out shirts and shinny jeans. He had a built in following. I’m not going to sit here and say he did work but his target audience was built in from the beginning. There’s no money in just talking about ufc. That’s when it changed

Last edited:
So you don't think Rogan's prior work experience on MTV and UFC didn't make it easier for his podcast to be successful?

of course.
becoming as big as rogan requires tons of luck,/right place right time stuff that is totally out of his control.

but you also need to be good. if he wasn't good he wouldn't last this long.

there are lots of podcasts started by people with prior media experience/fame.
that help you with an initial audience, but if the content isn't good people will drop off.

My hunch is Rogan has figured out that the dumber he goes, the more loyal his core followers will be

It's truly bizarre the way he agrees with and supports any person he "interviews", including psychotics like Alex Jones

Back
Top Bottom