Joe Rogan Podcast

tumblr_n6kl1z1GFv1r2tieoo1_500.gif
More like:
new challenger.gif

"CollabHunter" was just a clone account of the user who was previously removed from the thread for promoting medical misinformation. This account has been banned.

As part of our commitment to prevent the abuse of our platform as a vector for misinformation, we're allowing that particular post to stand, as Rolling Stone did indeed update their story following the release of a local hospital administrator's statement challenging the representativeness of the statements on which the original article was based.

While Rolling Stone may be fairly criticized for its apparent failure to adequately pursue independent verification prior to publication, that should not distract from the key facts on this issue, which are not in dispute:

Ivermectin has not been approved by the FDA to treat COVID-19. Its original patent-holder, Merck, advises against its use as a treatment for COVID-19. A CDC health advisory was issued to the medical community less than two weeks ago regarding the explosive rise in Ivermectin use and a corresponding surge in adverse effects reported by poison control centers.

The Pfizer mRNA vaccine has received full FDA approval. Moderna's mRNA vaccine, as well as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen's vaccine, have received emergency use authorization. The health risks most commonly associated with vaccines, such as blood clots, remain extremely rare and are far more commonly produced by COVID-19 infection itself.

Is dude vaxxed or not? Some of his fans saying he is

Dude talks for a living, seems like it shouldn't be a mystery

Unless he doesn't go into personal details or things that would upset half of his listeners

Looks like he just uploaded the newest episode. Im going to watch to see what he says. I HAVE to see his explanation. :lol: AND its with Tom Segura…I mess with Tom.

I liked segura but then he was guest hosting on the Bad Friends podcast and kept saying the racial slur for Spanish people.

I liked segura but then he was guest hosting on the Bad Friends podcast and kept saying the racial slur for Spanish people.

He's Spanish/Peruvian

But yeah...I used to be a big fan of his but they lost me in the last year

His podcast is 90% boomer talk now

Is he claiming he didnt say/use Ivermectin...? I'm confused by the first minute of the video..
He's saying that he did take it but the fact is a version of the medication is also used as a horse dewormer (which sounds more crazy and clickbaity). Joe took the human version of ivermectin that has been accepted, regulated and FDA approved for years now.

When I got LASIK I was given steroids in the recovery process. Let's say I get tested for steroids and happen to be a pro athlete. the media will spin it to scream out im taking steroids. its the same parent medication(right word? idk) but just tweaked for that particular use

The clip posted on page 48 with Bill Burr I respect more because Bill wasn't really laughing along or playing Yes man like Tom did. he checked him. "I'm not gonna start this, you and me with no medical degrees smoking cigars giving advice"

Putting aside for a moment all the ****ed up **** that attracts people to Rogan. And I honestly think this should be the most important conversation. **** dude is peddling is dangerous

My take on this success...

Joe Rogan is talented. He had a successful media career before the podcast, was a successful stand-up, his work with the UFC. I when it comes to the skill of interviewing for the format he does, he is good at that. You don't get a lot of good long-form interviews, and the length Joe does them, that can stay entertaining throughout, from other podcasters. In some ways, he is driving in his own lane.

However, I think that luck, even when acknowledged, is underestimated.

-His built-in fame from MTV, NBC, the UFC, and stand-up specials. Being a celebrity launching a podcast is not the same as an "average joe/jane"
-Joe was putting a lot of media out there before his podcast, from like the early 2000s. He had a blog he used to post things to. He used to live stream on places like U-Stream too. I remember seeing some of that stuff, it was most definitely rough. Mans had years of practice for the podcast before it launched, even then the podcast was rough at the beginning.
-Joe started his official podcast in like what? 2008-2009? When the podcast market was much smaller and years of experience doing similar stuff for him to draw on.
-Joe is a celebrity and stand-up, he has celebrity friends and comedians. Them coming on the show talking wild, and providing entertaining content helped the podcast a ton. Joe didn't launch a long-form interview podcast from the jump
-The rise of the UFC helped a lot because he then became one of the few media places you would see MMA discussions. He was knowledgeable about the sport, how dudes trained, the grappling scene, behinds-the-scenes info on fighters from working in the UFC, etc. If you were an MMA fan during that time, his MMA content was a great listen
-Him having a live stream of his podcast helped him because the video would end up on YouTube. In a time when Youtube was not overflowing with creators. Then he started to officially put clips on there. Making the show more suitable for a video audience clearly affected the pod too.

All this helped him build an audience before he solidly committed to the long-form interview stuff with "interesting" guesses.

When people say they can't believe people are still fans of his, I can understand where they are coming from because unless you are there for the diet libertarian conspiratorial white grievance ****ery, the appeal of Joe Rogan in 2021 doesn't seem that great. Doing a long-form podcast with the guess he has wouldn't make someone the most popular podcast in the country. There is a market for it but got that big. So in a 2021 podcast landscape, people have better options than Rogan. And when folk don't explore them, you start to wonder why.

Telling a Rogan critic "hey I bet you couldn't do what he does" really doesn't seem like a strong pushback because it not only ignores the luck he has had. But also the amount of time and built-in advantages he has had to make, and get better at making content.

Much credit for being objective sir.

I do agree with Rogan's best podcasting days being behind him. I think he's basically the Stern of podcasting at this point.

Would be interesting to hear people's suggestions for a similar style podcast from the newer generations of podcasters that haven't come from the Rogan tree... (i.e - Lex Fridman)

He's saying that he did take it but the fact is a version of the medication is also used as a horse dewormer (which sounds more crazy and clickbaity). Joe took the human version of ivermectin that has been accepted, regulated and FDA approved for years now.

When I got LASIK I was given steroids in the recovery process. Let's say I get tested for steroids and happen to be a pro athlete. the media will spin it to scream out im taking steroids. its the same parent medication(right word? idk) but just tweaked for that particular use

The clip posted on page 48 with Bill Burr I respect more because Bill wasn't really laughing along or playing Yes man like Tom did. he checked him. "I'm not gonna start this, you and me with no medical degrees smoking cigars giving advice"

Agreed.

His general attitude toward the covid situation at that point was way more concerning and Bill sonned him accordingly.

He's Spanish/Peruvian

But yeah...I used to be a big fan of his but they lost me in the last year

His podcast is 90% boomer talk now
Ok, thought he was italian and possibly part latino. No wonder he didn't get any flack for it.

Yeah, Tom says his dad’s people are from Spain and his mom is from Peru. If I recall correctly, Tom even spent summers in Peru when he was younger.

Tom’s stand-up is way better than Rogan’s, it’s not even close. But I don’t enjoy any of Tom’s podcasts.

Idk where Tom's dad is from but his Mom is Peruvian.

Yeah, Tom says his dad’s people are from Spain and his mom is from Peru. If I recall correctly, Tom even spent summers in Peru when he was younger.

Tom’s stand-up is way better than Rogan’s, it’s not even close. But I don’t enjoy any of Tom’s podcasts.
I'm the opposite kinda. I like some of his YMH podcast eps. Depends on the guest. The podcast he does in Spanish is cool too and I don't speak the language.
His stand up is just ok to me.

your argument actually is:

A football team that is great at scoring touch downs, amazing at special teams and is great at preventing the opponent from scoring touchdowns

is not actually good at football because im triggered by their owners goofy political beliefs. :lol:

Yeah, if Biden took the shot off camera, then Joe would've believed it was real.

We all believe that to be the case, right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom