Joe Rogan Podcast

Dang... I ain't even heard of rumble and they offering my man 100 mill to jump ship?? :sick:

Peter Thiel is invested rumble.

He’s a major player in the shift of that platform to what is is. Peter Thiel Is a billionaire tech oligarch, and arguably one of the most powerful and influential people on the planet. Seriously, Zuckerberg looks up to him, and bends to his every whim :lol:.

E865FFDA-887A-431E-955C-6F60FE412773.jpeg

Elon Musk, is forever indebted to Thiel the same way. They share the exact same worldview too.

Now google Peter thiel, and see what his worldview is. Especially regarding black people/race relations. And then, I want you to look at why rogans best buddies…are all Thiel Capital employees (IDW)…and Tate an extension of gamergate/manosphere stuff.

It’s really wicked. And dude is the one driving a lot of the division and culture war stuff. He’s essentially the tech Rupert Murdoch or Roger Ailes/Koch Brothers.

wavycrocket wavycrocket since you mention Thiel, it's important to mention that a lot of these tech guys know the technology they work on and promote has the potential to destroy civilization as we know it. Most of them are heavy into the prepper stuff.

They started out innocuously and predictably enough. Bitcoin or ethereum? Virtual reality or augmented reality? Who will get quantum computing first, China or Google? Eventually, they edged into their real topic of concern: New Zealand or Alaska? Which region would be less affected by the coming climate crisis? It only got worse from there. Which was the greater threat: global warming or biological warfare? How long should one plan to be able to survive with no outside help? Should a shelter have its own air supply? What was the likelihood of groundwater contamination?
Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system, and asked: “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?” The event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse, social unrest, nuclear explosion, solar storm, unstoppable virus, or malicious computer hack that takes everything down.

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from raiders as well as angry mobs.
One had already secured a dozen Navy Seals to make their way to his compound if he gave them the right cue. But how would he pay the guards once even his crypto was worthless? What would stop the guards from eventually choosing their own leader?

The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers – if that technology could be developed “in time”.

I tried to reason with them. I made pro-social arguments for partnership and solidarity as the best approaches to our collective, long-term challenges. The way to get your guards to exhibit loyalty in the future was to treat them like friends right now, I explained. Don’t just invest in ammo and electric fences, invest in people and relationships. They rolled their eyes at what must have sounded to them like hippy philosophy.

Taking their cue from Tesla founder Elon Musk colonising Mars, Palantir’s Peter Thiel reversing the ageing process, or artificial intelligence developers Sam Altman and Ray Kurzweil uploading their minds into supercomputers, they were preparing for a digital future that had less to do with making the world a better place than it did with transcending the human condition altogether. Their extreme wealth and privilege served only to make them obsessed with insulating themselves from the very real and present danger of climate change, rising sea levels, mass migrations, global pandemics, nativist panic and resource depletion. For them, the future of technology is about only one thing: escape from the rest of us.

It’s really wicked. And dude is the one driving a lot of the division and culture war stuff. He’s essentially the tech Rupert Murdoch or Roger Ailes/Koch Brothers.
If the prepper stuff is true, I think the goal is less about control of culture (what's the point, since everything will disappear), and more about gathering as many resources as possible before a civilizational collapse to ensure their survival. All the culture war stuff is just a byproduct of their activities, and if it brings positive attention to their brands/personas, so be it.

Now, let me take off the tinfoil hat. :lol:

Numbers gonna be crazy.

Will be interesting to see if Joe tries to check him on anything regarding his takes on women.

He is typically talking to younger more impressionable guys so I want to see what energy he brings to the table.

wavycrocket wavycrocket since you mention Thiel, it's important to mention that a lot of these tech guys know the technology they work on and promote has the potential to destroy civilization as we know it. Most of them are heavy into the prepper stuff.

If the prepper stuff is true, I think the goal is less about control of culture (what's the point, since everything will disappear), and more about gathering as many resources as possible before a civilizational collapse to ensure their survival. All the culture war stuff is just a byproduct of their activities, and if it brings positive attention to their brands/personas, so be it.

Now, let me take off the tinfoil hat. :lol:

Yup. This is a real thing. A lot of the mars stuff too.

Love Sex and Robots did a brilliant job showing exactly how these dudes think, and how things could play out.

Well said here Shultz

This is peak white guy know it all energy. Low information dudes that think they are simply above it all.

I'm watching this and Schlutz is going off about liberal views on abortion and it is clear he has no idea what Roe v. Wade said, or Planned Parenthood vs. Casey, or what the median left-wing view on abortion is.

Those cases literally spell out where the line is in regards to when an abortion should be allowed. He is misrepresenting a position as the median to act like "look how out of control things are"

Pro-life nuts bags have killed people and committed acts of terrorism but these dudes act like even at the extremes it is a "both sides" issue. While focusing mostly on one side.

Like there is no space to consider that some people actually research things and then come to conclusions. People that eat this up love think they are so above it, but are actually just too ignorant on the issue, too lazy to give it proper thought, or too cowardly to actually have a stance on something that doesn't affect them.

And theb we have Joe Rogan, a libertarian (libertarianism, basically the Harry Porter of political ideology), the Alex Jones is right on most things guy, the I voted for Ron Paul guy, saying all partisans are like they are in a cult. Which is laughable

He calls out Elizabeth Warren as someone that just follows what the crowd is doing (putting out there but admitting he has no idea if it actually true) when Elizabeth Warren is popular with academics because of how seriously she takes public policy. She wrote one of the most influential public policy books of all time, she is was one of the most successful policy wonks of all time when she help create the Consumer Protection Bureau. She was a conservative for like half her life. But this is the person low info Joe wants to use as an example of bad faith group think.

This is what gets me about **** like this. It is a say-nothing conversation being passed off and nuanced serious analysis.

I am surprised black men take this whining about "wokeness" from rich white fragile dudes seriously. But here we are.

Last edited:
i watched the first 2 mins and cant take either of them dudes seriously

im Roman Catholic and I wouldn’t fix my mouth to cry about anything done to Christians given the many many MANY atrocities committed in the name of Christianity

Like there is no space to consider that some people actually research things and then come to conclusions. People that eat this up love think they are so above it, but are actually just too ignorant on the issue, too lazy to give it proper thought, or too cowardly to actually have a stance on something that doesn't affect them.
I'd add that the cowardice is in the inability to publicly admit that they don't know enough.

We have people who walk around with a 6th grade knowledge base from 2 decades ago, and they can't envision the possibility that plenty of the stuff they learnt up until 12th grade may be outdated by now.

I'd add that the cowardice is in the inability to publicly admit that they don't know enough.
Self awareness is like a burden nowadays. I'd be genuinely embarassed to jump out confidently like these arrogant white men do about topics they're not fully informed on, even further embarassed as a black man hopping out bout "good points". Sometimes I wish my mind lived in that surface.

I never understand what the f Jordan Peterson is trying to say

Guy used to make a lot more sense like 4, 5 years ago. Now he's basically a Christian Conservative talking head. No doubt he was a great psychologist but when it comes to politics...oof.

I'd be genuinely embarrassed to jump out confidently like these arrogant white men do about topics they're not fully informed on

It's like this has become prerequisite #1 for white male conservatism

On every topic imaginable from viral infections to storm surge

We sometimes see this from the left but it's much more the exception than the rule

^^^Is that the clip where Joe uncomfortably talks about The Game’s junk?

Joe can appear a lil creepy when he talks about the features of a black man. Just the way he marvels and salivates is a little discomforting. Shades of Get Out.

Back
Top Bottom