John Salley On Michael Jordan! "He's Not The Greatest Player Ever"

Ah a lovely jumble of ******** from the canadian but aside from you including college stats to try and sway your argument and using 2 centers

Jordans NBA resume is better than Kareems

-More all star MVPs
-More Finals MVPs
-More ppg
-more ast per game
-More 1st team all defensive teams
-just as many all nba 1st teams
-led the leauge in scoring 10 times to Kareems 2
-NEVER LOST IN THE FINALS something Kareem cant say
-more 50 point games 39-10
-more 40 point games 211-70
-more 60 point games
-and he played 5 less years

Better than Russell

-Bill has more rings
-MJ has more ppg
-more allstar mvps
-more all nba 1st teams
-more ast per game
-NEVER LOST IN THE FINALS

rest of Mj's awards werent even invented when Russel was droppin 15ppg in black and white

Better than Wilt

-more rings
-more mvps
-more finals mvps
-more all star games
-more allstar mvps
-more ast per game

you did a very good job of copy and pasting all those ******** achievments for Wilt from wiki too sport next time try harder

I guess he can turn ether down now huh?

Last edited:
John Sally is bitter. On First Take he admitted he was mad when the Bulls didnt pull the strings to draft, so he didnt want their coach to rep team USA in the next Olympics. He has the right of opinion on the Jordan talk, maybe wrong but he has the right to be wrong.

dang, people are so salty when they say jordan is not the GOAT.. seems like people are not even entitled to their own opinion on NT. as soon as someone says jordan is not the GOAT all you guys get butthurt and start to hate on the person that said it..
get over it.. just cause the majority thinks he is, doesnt mean that everyone should

This.

I would argue that Magic and Kareem are arguably better players than MJ, at least in regards to their position.

To be honest, once Kobe and Lebron finish playing, they could both end up being better than MJ

:lol @ how mad MJ Driders get when you question "da god."

Dre, what's with the large letters bruh? A simple bold would have sufficed. When talking about the little guys in the NBA, don't people commonly speak of Zeke, Tiny Archibald, Calvin Murphy, and AI? How does what he said not make sense? If you read correctly, I said it was something to that effect, which means when I paraphrased it, I didn't quote it verbatum. What's the problem? Can you please bless is with your vast knowledge O wise one, since you clearly were displeased with my interpretation of what was said. I swear some dudes needs to take a deep breath before they post :{

Well....if you noticed, I bolded, italicized and enlarged your first 3 sentences. Not just the part about him saying Zeke is the best little guard to play the game. So that aspect of it obviously wasn't the only thing I noticed. Perhaps I am not the one who needs to "read correctly" ?

Him stating that Zeke is the best little guard to ever play the game is damn near a fact in most people eyes....so it would have no credence on why he said what he said about MJ. Perhaps if he said the Vinnie Johnson was the greatest little guy ever then you MAY have had a point and even that would still be a stretch. The fact that he feels Zeke is the best has no bearing on it, as it is basically true. There are no parallels between the two.

Last edited:
Ah a lovely jumble of ******** from the canadian but aside from you including college stats to try and sway your argument and using 2 centers
Jordans NBA resume is better than Kareems
-More all star MVPs
-More Finals MVPs
-More ppg
-more ast per game
-More 1st team all defensive teams
-just as many all nba 1st teams
-led the leauge in scoring 10 times to Kareems 2
-NEVER LOST IN THE FINALS something Kareem cant say
-more 50 point games 39-10
-more 40 point games 211-70
-more 60 point games
-and he played 5 less years
Better than Russell
-Bill has more rings
-MJ has more ppg
-more allstar mvps
-more all nba 1st teams
-more ast per game
rest of Mj's awards werent even invented when Russel was droppin 15ppg in black and white
Better than Wilt
-more rings
-more mvps
-more finals mvps
-more all star games
-more allstar mvps
-more ast per game
you did a very good job of copy and pasting all those ******** achievments for Wilt from wiki too sport next time try harder
I guess he can turn ether down now huh?

Your list is horrible.

Like anything that happens in an All-Star game should be used to determine a player's greatness and Mike averaged more assists per game? I would ******g hope so considering he was guard. Kareem averaged more rebounds then.

All NBA teams are voted on by the media. You don't think Kareem becoming a muslim in changed how voting went?

MJ maybe better than Kareem but that list is ******ed.

Whenever I think of John Salley I think of that Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers VHS that came out in like 1994.

Whenever I think of John Salley, I think of Bad Boys.

"Hey Mike can you show me how to shoot people?"

although John Salley is my grandfathers cousin (No Lie)

hes an *** who just floated from team to team to get his rings 
mean.gif

Got damn dudes get real sensitive with MJ. Even though I do think he's the best ever I know a few old heads that will say Russell, Magic or Kareem is the GOAT. Based on their accomplishments its not that far off IMO.

i honestly believe mj is what he is because of nike . would he have been as popular wearing pumas ?

No thats not really it.

Michael is the unquestioned greatest at the most glamorous and obvious part of basketball; permiter scoring.

People imagine themselves as the perimeter scorer not many kids imagine themselves dropping sky hooks, or dream shaking people, I mean if you follow high school basketball it's rare to find kids who actually want to score in the post, everybody wants to be a permiter player a stretch 4, everybody wants to bring the ball up the court, lead the break.

A lot of people look at the PPG leader board and really believe that those are the best players in basketball, it's why a guy like Carmelo Anthony constantly gets overrated.

A guy like Kareem is 7-2, the average basketball fan can;t relate to the nuances of his game, the difficulty of the sky hook, his passing with his back to the basket, Magic and Bird were known for making there team-mates better not something as easily detectable as Jordan crossing people or dunking on people.

Funny.

John Salley has done more in basketball than every member of this board combined but he doesn't get to have an opinion.

man, whoever posted Wilt's stats needs to **** and sit down somewhere.
I don't think a center will ever be crowned the GOAT.

Wilt was, I think, one of two 7 footers in the league (in his era.)
He had an ultimate God-given advantage.

The average NBA height today is about 6'7, the average nba height throughout wilts career was 6'6 1/2.

.5 inch doesn't erase a decade of dominance or how far ahead he was compared to his peers.

I agree Wilt played in a league of mostly 6'7 centers.

not true.

Last edited:
I agree Wilt played in a era where most centers were 6'7 and he shot over 30 shots a game .

^Yeah thats not true.

Wilt Chamberlain maybe the greatest athlete the human race has ever produced let alone the NBA. He would be head and shoulders over everyone athletically in ANY ERA.

^Yeah thats not true.
Wilt Chamberlain maybe the greatest athlete the human race has ever produced let alone the NBA. He would be head and shoulders over everyone athletically in ANY ERA.
Would Wilt dominated if he would have faced the likes of Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing, Mutombo, Zo, Robinson ?

The average NBA height today is about 6'7, the average nba height throughout wilts career was 6'6 1/2.
.5 inch doesn't erase a decade of dominance or how far ahead he was compared to his peers.
not true.

But we're not talking about average height of players.

Many "quality" centers were

:lol

These topics just prove MJ stans and Kobe stans are members of the same dysfunctional family.

I believe MJ is the GOAT but you can definitely make an argument for several other great players....nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion on this subject.

Back
Top Bottom