John Wall is eligible for this year's NBA draft?

Originally Posted by Rapsteady1

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

regardless of skill, its a FREE education. Go to college young man, who knows how far you'll go in life when you struggle to get out of high school.

dude just went through 13 years of free education, he wants to get paid, and I for one dont blame him.

and say he breaks his knee..? or ends up like a clone of kwame brown, Olowokandi (?), or a smush parker.. then what do you have?
Like it's been said, he wasn't going to get a degree from whatever university. He's one and done. And all those people you just namedhave a lot of money.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

regardless of skill, its a FREE education. Go to college young man, who knows how far you'll go in life when you struggle to get out of high school.

dude just went through 13 years of free education, he wants to get paid, and I for one dont blame him.

and say he breaks his knee..? or ends up like a clone of kwame brown, Olowokandi (?), or a smush parker.. then what do you have?
Like it's been said, he wasn't going to get a degree from whatever university. He's one and done. And all those people you just named have a lot of money.
word. its really no point especially if he's planning on being a 1 and done. and you could technically be set for life off like a year or two in the NBA if you manage your finances right

all that money
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

there's a university on every block though , gotta start getting your contracts as young as possible imo

I lost respect for this guy when he had Oregon on his list at some point....

or did I......?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Not sure how prep school works. Did he get a hs diploma and graduate then attend this 5th year at a prep school? If he did, then yeah, I'd say he might be eligible.
yea, whats up with that?

Kwame is gettin paid...I really doubt he's on the Pistons bench like "Damn I should've got a degree."

In all honestly, 99% of college students are probably thinking "Damn I wish I could make as much money as Kwame."

College is cool but you use it to get to a higher paying job...

Who's to say that he wouldn't be getting paid if he went to college?
nerd.gif

Word to Reggie Bush. Dude took a pay cut to go to the NFL.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Not sure how prep school works. Did he get a hs diploma and graduate then attend this 5th year at a prep school? If he did, then yeah, I'd say he might be eligible.
One of two things could have happened...

1. Wall repeated a grade somewhere between 9-12. If he did that, his elgibility was up in a public school after 4 years.

2. He did a PG (post graduate) year at another school following graduation. This is VERY common. You graduate your HS, but go to a prep school where you canwork on "boosting" your SAT/ACT scores while getting another chance to compete against other kids in HS. Your GPA doesn't count towards collegein the grand scheme of things in your PG year.

I'm guessing he falls under #2....

Nothing. Most of these prospects have their eggs in one basket. You really think he's gonna go to college when the NBA is there? Regardless,I'm a big fan of his game. Hate to say it but it'd be entertaining as hell if he went to the Knicks.

bonafide hustla wrote:
word. its really no point especially if he's planning on being a 1 and done. and you could technically be set for life off like a year or two in the NBA if you manage your finances right

And how will they know how to manage their finances right if they have no education? A young person with a lot of money, no education, the wrong people intheir corner and an ego the size of a hot air balloon? That sounds like a great combo for managing finances properly.

Like it's been said, he wasn't going to get a degree from whatever university. He's one and done. And all those people you just named have a lot of money.
Ummm.... no, I HIGHLY doubt that.

laugh.gif
Dude, Learning how to color inside the lines, writecursive, the civil war, and basic algebra is not an education that you can fall back upon. Youre acting like those 13 years were a struggle for him and hedeserves a break.

This has to be the dumbest @@+* Ive read in S&T since 2009 began....Str8 ******ed

Originally Posted by Durden7

bonafide hustla wrote:

And how will they know how to manage their finances right if they have no education? A young person with a lot of money, no education, the wrong people in their corner and an ego the size of a hot air balloon? That sounds like a great combo for managing finances properly.

This is also ******ed... The dude aint going to college for anything but hoops. Thats just the reality of the situation... Knowing that hes morethan likely not gonna need a college degree in life AT ALL, Do You really believe that he should save himself $100K in tuition just to go to collegefor 4 years on a scholarship rather than go to the league and make $100-$200 mil in his career?

Originally Posted by yungmatt

bonafide hustla wrote:

And how will they know how to manage their finances right if they have no education? A young person with a lot of money, no education, the wrong people in their corner and an ego the size of a hot air balloon? That sounds like a great combo for managing finances properly.
This is also ******ed... The dude aint going to college for anything but hoops. Thats just the reality of the situation... Knowing that hes more than likely not gonna need a college degree in life AT ALL, Do You really believe that he should save himself $100K in tuition just to go to college for 4 years on a scholarship rather than go to the league and make $100-$300 mil in his career?

Youre telling me that in the year of college he would not have picked up ANYTHING that would be worthwhile to him? (Post career wise) Nothing? He wouldnthave matured any, picked up some advice/knowledge from a professor? I hope you don't think so.

Youre absolutley clueless to the world and the NBA life if you think he will not need a college degree at all. I sincerely hope that you believe what yousaid. Aside from the RARE athlete, every athlete needs SOME sort of education to fall back on.

roll.gif
Thinking he's going to make 100-300 mil. Seriously?
laugh.gif

Durden7 wrote:

Youre telling me that in the year of college he would not have picked up ANYTHING that would be worthwhile to him? (Post career wise) Nothing? He wouldnt have matured any, picked up some advice/knowledge from a professor? I hope you don't think so.
Nope, nothing thats important enough to risk an injury.

Youre absolutley clueless to the world and the NBA life if you think he will not need a college degree at all. I sincerely hope that you believe what you said. Aside from the RARE athlete, every athlete needs SOME sort of education to fall back on.

Your proving my point... The kid is one of those "Rare Athletes"

roll.gif
Thinking he's going to make 100-300 mil. Seriously?
laugh.gif

It was a typo.I meant to say 100-200, but you get the point... 3 contracts will get him 100-200 mil. Dont tell me you dont know what either...

yungmatt wrote:

It was a typo.I meant to say 100-200, but you get the point... 3 contracts will get him 100-200 mil. Dont tell me you dont know what either...
1. Wow. Youre acting like theres a huge risk for an injury. How many athletes have went to college for that year and were seriously injured? None.

2. He is NOT one of those rare athletes. LeBron James was a rare athlete, a once in a generation. John Wall is NOT that kind of athlete. He's justanother hyped high school athlete.... nothing special.

3. You think he's going to get 3 max contracts?
eek.gif
Wow. Yourealready pegging him as a decade plus max contract superstar?
laugh.gif

yungmatt wrote:

1. Wow. Youre acting like theres a huge risk for an injury. How many athletes have went to college for that year and were seriously injured? None.

2. He is NOT one of those rare athletes. LeBron James was a rare athlete, a once in a generation. John Wall is NOT that kind of athlete. He's just another hyped high school athlete.... nothing special.

eek.gif
Wow. Youre already pegging him as a decade plus max contract superstar?
laugh.gif

Are you seriously ******ed?
laugh.gif

So now a top 3 pick whenever he declares is not a "rare" athlete? Ok

Also, it doesnt take 3 max deals to put you over 100 mil.

But since your acting slow, at the end of the day no one is gonna turn down millions for a pointless year of school... Not even you but that money just aintthere for you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

He's just another hyped high school athlete.... nothing special.
grin.gif

My thoughts exactly

I don't think he is going to be eligible. I'm pretty sure he isn't a true prep school athlete- he didn't graduate from high school and thentake one extra year at a prepatory school. He went to some other school for three years and has been at Word of God (which is a regular K-12 school, not a prepschool) for two because he got reclassified upon transferring. He hasn't earned a high school degree.

Thats what I read from draftexpress but you know how they are
ohwell.gif
so takeit for what its worth.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

yungmatt wrote:

2. He is NOT one of those rare athletes. LeBron James was a rare athlete, a once in a generation. John Wall is NOT that kind of athlete. He's just another hyped high school athlete.... nothing special.

eek.gif
Wow. Youre already pegging him as a decade plus max contract superstar?
laugh.gif
Are you seriously ******ed?
laugh.gif

So now a top 3 pick whenever he declares is not a "rare" athlete? Ok

Also, it doesnt take 3 max deals to put you over 100 mil.

But since your acting slow, at the end of the day no one is gonna turn down millions for a pointless year of school... Not even you but that money just aint there for you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

He's just another hyped high school athlete.... nothing special.
grin.gif

My thoughts exactly

Quoted because durden7 is a dumb-dumb.

Back
Top Bottom