John Wall is eligible for this year's NBA draft?

John Wall (if he is in this draft) changes the landscape of the top 3-5 players....there is no question. He might even go ahead of Rubio, who many projectas the #2 guy off the board...that should tell you something.

Originally Posted by Durden7

yungmatt wrote:

yungmatt wrote:

You take a handfull of the worst possible 1-3 picks in recent memory to try to prove your point
laugh.gif

Your clueless dude...Give it up
Really? So youre saying that the names I listed dont help prove my point? That's the whole idea of those names bud. You obviously missed my case.
I didnt miss anything... Like I said, hell be a top 3 pick in ANY draft... ANY draft
laugh.gif

Name 1 of those that you listed that would be top 3 in ANY draft...

John Wall will not be a top 3 pick in any draft.
laugh.gif
He wouldnt even be guaranteed to be top 3 THIS year.

Who is proclaiming that he would be top 3 in any draft? You? Youre the first person ive ever heard say such a thing. No one's saying it.

i know right
kwame couldve gone to school, went undrafted, and would be lucky to make 40k/year

and you are insane if you think 1 year of college is going to help Wall after his career. even 4 years wont matter after his career. he needs to start caking as young as possible. if Wall was going to school to actually get an education, then there MIGHT be an argument. he's going to school for basketball. PERIOD. If teams are drafting him top 5 now/next year, u gotta be dumb as hell to not go ASAP

laugh.gif
Thinking Kwame would have went undrafted. What if he went to college, learned how to play basketball at a high level and came into the league with some ability to compete that the NBA level? You cant sit here and say that he made a wise choice. You dont know, end neither do i. He could have went to school, got better basketball wise and been drafted in the late part of the lottery to a better team who could have used him proprerly.

Youre highly downplaying the importance of a college education. 4 years of school wont matter?
laugh.gif
How old are you? Have you even been to college? Have you been around college athletes? Sure, he could go to school and blow his chance at some sort of education in a year, but thats his fault for not taking advantage of the opportunity. If thats the case, then he's going to make the same poor decisions after HS and after a year of college.

dog. if kwame went to college, he wouldve been exposed. he'd be playing against inferior competition, with inferior coaching, with inferior facilities,while spending half as much time ballin, wasting time dealing with intro college courses and being a student. Not only that, but college gameis a different game than the pros, he's not really even preparing for nba success (shorter games, shorter season, shorter court, different playingphilosophies, etc)
play in college and become a better COLLEGE player.

in the pros kwame played against the best players in the world (whether in games or practice) which everyone knows thats the best way to get better. withbetter coaching, better facilities, and all his time focused on improving his nba game.

if kwame went to college he'd be undrafted.

and yeah im 24, played college sports, graduated with a 4 year. thanks for asking. Tell me AFTER Wall played 15 years in the league and is a 100-millionairethat he is going to need a college education
roll.gif
let alone 1 year
roll.gif

This is all moot, since it doesn't appear that Wall has any interest in being a part of this draft class anyway, as Ford seemed to indicate by saying "Wall believes he might be eligible for THIS year's draft"

"There is absolutely no truth to that whatsoever," Wall's AAU coach Brian Clifton told us. "No merit at all. John hasn't talked about it, his mother hasn't talked about it, and I haven't talked about it. Outside of the three of us, no one is in any position to speculate about that."

When asked whether Wall may reconsider if he were indeed deemed eligible for this year's draft, Clifton didn't leave any doubt:

"That's not a question, not a consideration at all. He is going to school, and that has been the plan all along."

Tell me AFTER Wall played 15 years in the league and is a 100-millionaire that he is going to need a college education let alone 1 year
Only time will tell.....

John Wall (if he is in this draft) changes the landscape of the top 3-5 players....there is no question. He might even go ahead of Rubio, who many project as the #2 guy off the board...that should tell you something.

This draft isnt the most deep draft or talented. That def. plays a factor.

College is 4 years bruh... If you dont complete the 4 years then why go at all?
Some education is better than no education.

If he goes to college and is smart he get something out of his time there that will help him after his career is over. Thats all. If he has all the rightpeople around him, a level head and makes wise decisions then all the power to him.

All im saying is that a year of college wont HURT his stock.

Tell me AFTER Wall played 15 years in the league and is a 100-millionaire that he is going to need a college education let alone 1 year
Only time will tell.....

John Wall (if he is in this draft) changes the landscape of the top 3-5 players....there is no question. He might even go ahead of Rubio, who many project as the #2 guy off the board...that should tell you something.

This draft isnt the most deep draft or talented. That def. plays a factor.

First - I agree with him here. You guys are projecting his NBA career wayyyy too early/too far in advance. Anything can happen.

2nd - Dude is going top 5 if he was eligible this year or next year. So, basically, he would never slip out of the top 5.

My man Yungmatt is really goin' hard.
laugh.gif

Durden isnt really arguing with the athletics and $$$ in mind. These guys arent looking for an education. By getting drafted in the first round that rightthere gurantee's a couple a million. How many people with a 4 year degree automatically see a couple million?? How many guys before 1 year rule werejumping from HS to the pro, whether ready or not?? He'll def. get picked up early based upon potential.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
smh.gif
John Wall wouldn't be a Top 3 pick in any draft? Let alone this draft?
sick.gif
Sounds ******ed...

he wont be a top 3 pick in this draft

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
smh.gif
John Wall wouldn't be a Top 3 pick in any draft? Let alone this draft?
sick.gif
Sounds ******ed...

he wont be a top 3 pick in this draft

Name me 3 players that an NBA GM with any sense would take ahead of him

Blake
Thabeet
harden

and there will be players that test off the charts just like wall to give him a run for his money. kid has talent but u cant even name a starting PG in the NBAthat didnt play atleast one year of college(TP dont count)

what makes wall better then jennings?

Wall is the truth
pimp.gif
Kid is a man amongst boys, and not only cause he 19.

I hope he gets into the draft but he played agianst high school comp, so doesnt that mean he was sorta in high school?

If Wall declares and is eligible, he could go right after Griffin and Rubio (if he declares). Of course, this all depends on the draft order.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Blake
Thabeet
harden

and there will be players that test off the charts just like wall to give him a run for his money. kid has talent but u cant even name a starting PG in the NBA that didnt play atleast one year of college(TP dont count)

what makes wall better then jennings?

laugh.gif
Try again Mike...I could understand if you had Rubio on your list.

Seriously though, Blake is the only one on that list that a GM wont get flamed for for taking over Wall.

No GM is ever gonna take a offensively limited,defensive minded center over a PG with skys the limit potential after the '07 draft.... If were talking 15years ago then I would probably agree with you.

I can see Rubio, Thabeet and Griffin going over Wall. Depending on who lands what pick.

I don't think it's that far fetched

Originally Posted by dreClark

I can see Rubio, Thabeet and Griffin going over Wall. Depending on who lands what pick.

I don't think it's that far fetched

Yea definitely... But he named 3 as if those 3 would get picked before reagrdless of what those teams need.

roll.gif
@ Harden

Do some of you guys follow basketball? No seriously im questioning this....

John Wall would not be a top 3 pick in any draft? and he wouldnt be a top 3 pick in this draft ? @!%+!...........

I dont even like the kid that much cuz of his attitude but hes a lock top 3 pick in any draft simply because of his physical tools and natural ability. Hislength, size and athleticism are VERY rare for a pg.

Harden over wall? HAHAHAHAH....... also for thabeet.

The only justifiable choices would be Griffin and Rubio

^ ignore button is a must on NT.... to many homers, biased and uknowlegable posters on the board. Word to Tmac being 7 feet tall and garnett 7 3

Its comedy how upset some people get over the fact that athletes can make that amount of money with little to no college education..

Nobody in this thread is saying college is a bad idea, but you never ever leave that amount of money on the table.. Not only could an injury ruin your athleticcareer.. But your life can be taken at ANY moment as well.. Would wouldn't take care of their family with a mill ticket waiting to be cashed?

And people act like going to school is the only way to get an education.. You can buy the same books your professor is lecturing from at a local library oronline.. "School just a white mans game, its just ran good"

Back
Top Bottom