Joining the military...What are you thoughts?

I graduate this may with a degree in Computer Information Systems, someone told me I would make cake in the Air Force, and being that my Degree is in IT, I wouldn't be on no battle field type stuff.

I graduate this may with a degree in Computer Information Systems, someone told me I would make cake in the Air Force, and being that my Degree is in IT, I wouldn't be on no battle field type stuff.

i say go for it, as i am in the process of getting my @@% together so i can join, most of the retired military folks i speak with say that as an officer, you will have more say and you can be more picky, what my pops says is take the test (ASVAB?) see where you fit and where those positions are available before you sign anything.

i say go for it, as i am in the process of getting my @@% together so i can join, most of the retired military folks i speak with say that as an officer, you will have more say and you can be more picky, what my pops says is take the test (ASVAB?) see where you fit and where those positions are available before you sign anything.

I'm joining the Air Force soon, just waiting on getting my physical then i'm in. Its gonna get postponed though since i recently got hit by a car riding my bike so my shoulder is all %!@!@$ up right now.

I'm joining the Air Force soon, just waiting on getting my physical then i'm in. Its gonna get postponed though since i recently got hit by a car riding my bike so my shoulder is all %!@!@$ up right now.

Originally Posted by richie4dayz

Yea some of you have no clue what you are talking about. Op have you looked into the Coast Guard ocs program? Im pretty sure it doesnt have to be an officer recruiter to put you through, also the CG is really good helping you get the most out of your education benefits. Btw the air force does not have the best housing, The coast guard does
happy.gif

This is what I've heard from a couple of navy heads. Coast guard is way more tolerable compared to the other branches. Not my word  though, maybe someone can elaborate more. 

Originally Posted by richie4dayz

Yea some of you have no clue what you are talking about. Op have you looked into the Coast Guard ocs program? Im pretty sure it doesnt have to be an officer recruiter to put you through, also the CG is really good helping you get the most out of your education benefits. Btw the air force does not have the best housing, The coast guard does
happy.gif

This is what I've heard from a couple of navy heads. Coast guard is way more tolerable compared to the other branches. Not my word  though, maybe someone can elaborate more. 

i was this || close to enlisting with the marines. i just wanted to join for the money and for somebody to give me a godamn gun (i was 18 at the time).

dont judge me.

i was this || close to enlisting with the marines. i just wanted to join for the money and for somebody to give me a godamn gun (i was 18 at the time).

dont judge me.

Son I have a question but it doesn't deserve its own thread. Maybe one of you guys can help.

I'm joining the reserves. What are the physical requirements (like running x amount of miles in x amont of time). I want to be prepared before I go. I'm 26 btw.
And I have mild asthma. Would this affect me at all?

Son I have a question but it doesn't deserve its own thread. Maybe one of you guys can help.

I'm joining the reserves. What are the physical requirements (like running x amount of miles in x amont of time). I want to be prepared before I go. I'm 26 btw.

ask plenty questions, think about the branches you want to join and Why... plus think about a plan before and after leavin the military. keep your dreams and hopes alive. you never know things can change.

ask plenty questions, think about the branches you want to join and Why... plus think about a plan before and after leavin the military. keep your dreams and hopes alive. you never know things can change.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Back
Top Bottom